• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed 0 - 1 Wolves: Verdict thread

didn't really understand moving Doc over to left and moving Bennett out right - far simpler just to move Willy out to the left back

Of course it made sense, we had to keep Boly against Nuhiu and not at left back. Doherty has played left back before and Bennett played RB against City so that was the obvious change. Bennett's not a great choice out there as he isn't great going forward and he isn't the quickest but we wanted to get as much height on as possible and it worked.

didn't really understand moving Doc over to left and moving Bennett out right - far simpler just to move Willy out to the left back
You'd rather move the biggest aerial presence out to a wide position when they'd just bought on a big unit to go more direct?

3 I think

1 v Hull which was a dodgy penalty in the 98th minute
1 v Bolton
1 v Leeds
Thanks.

He's played 815 minutes, so that's very impressive. (Not sure if that includes the 120 v City, or the other league cup games, presumably not.)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tim II's ratings for the game
Ruben Neves 7/10
Danny Batth 7/10

What's odd is that his glowing report of Neves in the ratings doesn't really tally with him then handing out a 7/10. He then mentions the two jittery moments for Batth... who still gets a 7. His actual take on the play seems about right (I haven't read it all), but he maybe then gets in a muddle with numbers.

Thanks.

He's played 815 minutes, so that's very impressive. (Not sure if that includes the 120 v City, or the other league cup games, presumably not.)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not as good as Norris who has also played against the best team in the world.

Not sure he is overcoming it with class at the mo. Sunderland and Sheff Wed games he seems to be to more concerned with pointing out the fouls to the refs and expecting to get kicked to $#@! and it has taken a little bit of the edge from his game. Before that he just took the kicks and got on with it. He needs to get back to that again although it must be difficult to handle the fact you know you are going to be assaulted every game. Tackles are part of the game but some of the stuff he has been getting is bordering on GBH.

Agree that Jota has lost a bit of his edge ,he's half expecting to get kicked up in the air every tackle and not giving himself that fraction of a second to decide what to do with the ball once it arrives,he needs a rest i think he is mentally tired at the moment, being only 21/22 he is still learning the rules of the jungle .

WHAT!!!!..no mention of the 2 footed shuffle that Neves did in the 2nd half to leave 2 Weds players behind?....I DEMAND A GIF!!!

WHAT!!!!..no mention of the 2 footed shuffle that Neves did in the 2nd half to leave 2 Weds players behind?....I DEMAND A GIF!!!

That was just superb wasn't it? But Tim II is right - he still only deserves the same rating as Danny Batth...

That was just superb wasn't it? But Tim II is right - he still only deserves the same rating as Danny Batth...

What about Cav's piece of trickery on the far touch line to get through 2 Weds players in the 2nd half...quite superb.

What about Cav's piece of trickery on the far touch line to get through 2 Weds players in the 2nd half...quite superb.

Along with Leo's quick feet in the area to put a centre half on his arse.

Along with Leo's quick feet in the area to put a centre half on his arse.

The pass from Bennett on the outside of his boot to Doherty.

Wow this thread is almost positive now, i was beginning to think we had dropped points on friday.

The pass from Bennett on the outside of his boot to Doherty.

Wow this thread is almost positive now, i was beginning to think we had dropped points on friday.

That was wonderful to watch, a proper dink with the outside of the boot.

And Costa running rings round their defence on the right of the area.

Having thought about it over the weekend, we could/should have won by more, even though we were'n't 100%. Saiss's header should have been on target/in, and Bonatini could arguably have done better (though did well to get up and retain a shooting chance). Even without Jota, Cav & Bonatini not being at 100%, we are still creating chances and defensively solid. Our team at 60% is still better than anything else in the division. In oct/nov, we saw us at 85-90%. We've dipped a little below that now, but we still wipe the floor with most around us.

Definitely time for some (forwards) to have a rest though. Question is, how many do we take out at a time?

On Bennett, I feel he's done well since coming in. Plus, as well as the defensive stuff, there was a great pass he made to the wide right (not sure if it was to doherty, or costa) but it was really well executed. I think a fair bit between him & Rhodes was handbags, and not much more, though because it was in quick succession it could have escalated. For me, he still deserves his place currently. It seems that other teams see him as a weaker link, and target him, but that might be cos they don't want to try targetting Boly.

Back