• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed 0 - 1 Wolves: Verdict thread

Goodness knows what Bennett was thinking of. Had the referee seen the incident he should have been sent off. I expect Bennett to face an FA charge and recieve a three game ban, and he can have no complaints if that happens.

I don't think he will, the "tackle" on Jota at blues was way worse but that was just a booking.

What Bennett did was nowhere near as bad

Goodness knows what Bennett was thinking of. Had the referee seen the incident he should have been sent off. I expect Bennett to face an FA charge and recieve a three game ban, and he can have no complaints if that happens.

Pretty sure the referee booked him because of the afters not the foul so if it was dealt with on the pitch the FA have no reason to get involved as the ref saw it.

And I bet most of those were 0-0 or 1-1, his football was so dull....

2 x 0-0's and 5 x 1-1's

His first 5 games in charge all finished 1-1

Hoddle's record that season (04-05) was ....P24 W8 D15 L1 - we won the last 3 games of the season when our season was already done.

Pretty sure the referee booked him because of the afters not the foul so if it was dealt with on the pitch the FA have no reason to get involved as the ref saw it.
The sending off offence was a minute or so before and not seen by the ref

I don't think he will, the "tackle" on Jota at blues was way worse but that was just a booking.

What Bennett did was nowhere near as bad

Both the referee saw that tackle and gave a yellow card so the FA can't do anything further. The incident involving the knee and kick was not seen and so is open to investigation

It sounds bad but I quite like that we have a player who can dish it out a bit. I don't condone it but the Championship requires it.

Also mention to Jota for stopping the game when bonatini was down.

We've learned from the Cardiff game

I do quite like Bennett, what's he bleeding done. Only managed to see a bit of the game. Will catch highlights now, not sure if it's on there.

Just wondering did Vinagre play shaky to get pulled or was it just how the subs went?

Bennett kneed Rhodes off the ball. Was pretty minor and I don’t really know what the rule is. If it’s classed as “violent conduct” then it’s a red and 3 game ban. But not sure it warrants that.

It was fucking stupid though. And to say the “championship requires it”. No it doesn’t. Nothing ever requires off the ball incidents.

It sounds bad but I quite like that we have a player who can dish it out a bit. I don't condone it but the Championship requires it.

Also mention to Jota for stopping the game when bonatini was down.

We've learned from the Cardiff game

I think that's a very important point, Batth and Miranda allowed themselves to be bullied at QPR so Nuno replaced them with players who would fight fire with fire. Bennett probably thought it was part of the remit to get his retaliation in first with Rhodes. Don't mess with this Wolves.

Bennett kneed Rhodes off the ball. Was pretty minor and I don’t really know what the rule is. If it’s classed as “violent conduct” then it’s a red and 3 game ban. But not sure it warrants that.

It was $#@!ing stupid though. And to say the “championship requires it”. No it doesn’t. Nothing ever requires off the ball incidents.

Cardiff would disagree with you, they've been successful using such tactics.

Cardiff would disagree with you, they've been successful using such tactics.

Off the ball pulls, time wasting, gamesmanship, high press, slowing tempo, breaking up play is not the same as petulant kicks, shoves and lashing out. You can’t get sent off for the formers.

I'm sorry but you cannot defend what Bennett was intent on doing, you couldn't condone it when Curle or Muscat did it, so why now, we are better than that and one day it will cost us, bu some stroke of fortune it wasn't last night.

Just on the calls for Batth over Bennett, Bennett defensively has been very solid having seen both of them in that position I think Bennett is better. Batth is more than adequate cover but other than some poor distribution Bennett looks fine, it's no coincidence we have conceded less with him in the side.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

How many goals have we conceded with Bennett on the pitch?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He kneed him in the leg whilst it was stupid I think people are overreacting a little bit. Something was going on with those 2 Rhodes went steaming in after the card Bennett stood his ground and still the foul went against him. He must have had a roasting at HT from Nuno as no point risking cards for no reason but I will be amazed it there is retrospective action for that. Reminded me of my school days being "joshed"

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'd rather we were bullying than being bullied. I don't agree with it but it's part of the game and the only way teams can compete with us. If we're up to the task in the "dirty" part of the game to then I really don't see any weaknesses.

The alternative is to be like Arsenal, everyone knows they're very talented but not up for a battle

The game last night was especially second half dictated by dinosaur tactics from Carvalho. Couldnt play football against us in the first half, so throw two cavemen upfront and hit them every time. We had to defend cleverly hence why Batth come on for Vinagre. We coped very well, however it took its toll in us playing football..

What's your excuse for the first 45?

Wolves just didn't play well, nothing to do with anything the opponent did.

Back