• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed 0 - 1 Wolves: Verdict thread

I'd rather we were bullying than being bullied.

I bet you've been bored shitless since Wimbledon disappeared haven't you ?? :)

Take Jota, the poor sod's getting the crap kicked out of him on a weekly basis, but still has the ability to overcome with class.

I bet you've been bored shitless since Wimbledon disappeared haven't you ?? :)

Take Jota, the poor sod's getting the crap kicked out of him on a weekly basis, but still has the ability to overcome with class.

Not sure he is overcoming it with class at the mo. Sunderland and Sheff Wed games he seems to be to more concerned with pointing out the fouls to the refs and expecting to get kicked to shit and it has taken a little bit of the edge from his game. Before that he just took the kicks and got on with it. He needs to get back to that again although it must be difficult to handle the fact you know you are going to be assaulted every game. Tackles are part of the game but some of the stuff he has been getting is bordering on GBH.

Not sure he is overcoming it with class at the mo. Sunderland and Sheff Wed games he seems to be to more concerned with pointing out the fouls to the refs and expecting to get kicked to shit and it has taken a little bit of the edge from his game. Before that he just took the kicks and got on with it. He needs to get back to that again although it must be difficult to handle the fact you know you are going to be assaulted every game. Tackles are part of the game but some of the stuff he has been getting is bordering on GBH.

Blues and last night he was definitely on the end of some very rough treatment, both not punished correctly by the referee.

I think the Blues game was the breaking point for him.

I bet you've been bored $#@!less since Wimbledon disappeared haven't you ?? :)

I hate that it's part of the game but unfortunately it is, but i'd rather we were able to be good at it rather than not.

Jota looks more demoralised each game he plays, and I can totally understand why. He's probably wondering when, not if, he's going to get a broken leg

Blues and last night he was definitely on the end of some very rough treatment, both not punished correctly by the referee.

On the ref side of it. Are we getting as good as we can expect? There have been a few where cards should have shown but I don't think I can remember a run of games like we are in now when someone is sent off against us

Im with Mark on the other thread that is closed..Helder is trying too much to make a difference at this point of time...

On the ref side of it. Are we getting as good as we can expect? There have been a few where cards should have shown but I don't think I can remember a run of games like we are in now when someone is sent off against us

Apart from the assault that went unpunished at St. Andrews, I think generally the referees are doing their job hence the amount of red cards shown to opposition players.

The one thing that does p me off, is when opposition players get sent off you know the headlines are going to be Wolves beat 10 man xxxxx !!!

Apart from the assault that went unpunished at St. Andrews, I think generally the referees are doing their job hence the amount of red cards shown to opposition players.

Wheater should have walked in the Bolton game as well. There have been a few fouls that have not been given yellow cards which have led to that level of fouling to carry on. I think a few are reluctant to dish out cards early on, regardless of what the fouls are like. The amount of red cards currently coming out (5 in 5?) just shows how targeted certain players in our team have been recently

They're all for two yellows at the moment and I don't think Jota is getting treated very well at all at the moment.

Passmaps, pretty lopsided and xg wasnt particularly in our favour either. Doherty had far more touches than I expected and it's clear Vinagre didn't get forward as much as I'd like.

Check out @11tegen11’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/941787862474903552?s=09

Vinny defended superbly last night and went up even higher in my estimations of him. We know he's like shit off a shovel and has a bag full of tricks but we've not really seen him shut down his flank which he did against Wednesday. Wallace and Palmer never had a sniff in an attacking sense.

Passmaps, pretty lopsided and xg wasnt particularly in our favour either. Doherty had far more touches than I expected and it's clear Vinagre didn't get forward as much as I'd like.

Check out @11tegen11’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/941787862474903552?s=09

Not particularly surprised at the xG, can't think of an actual chance for either side other than Reach after 20 minutes or so.
Doherty was a major outlet so not surprising either. Still not doing enough with it though.
Vinagre was wonderful defensively, but didn't use his electric pace enough offensively I thought.

Completely fail to see any argument for Batth over Bennett. Yes, Bennett was a naughty boy last night and could well have been sent off, but however beautiful your football we all know that sometimes a few of the dark arts are needed in the Championship. Batth simply gets outmuscled too often. Still remember that game we lost at Wigan to a late goal when Will Grigg (?) simply pushed Batth out of the way.
And how about the expression on Willy Boy's face when they brought Giant Haystacks on? "At last, a physical challenge..."

Completely fail to see any argument for Batth over Bennett. Yes, Bennett was a naughty boy last night and could well have been sent off, but however beautiful your football we all know that sometimes a few of the dark arts are needed in the Championship. Batth simply gets outmuscled too often. Still remember that game we lost at Wigan to a late goal when Will Grigg (?) simply pushed Batth out of the way.
And how about the expression on Willy Boy's face when they brought Giant Haystacks on? "At last, a physical challenge..."

Bennett is just a better centre half than Batth, it's that simple. Both of the are poor on the ball but in terms of defensive positioning, decision making, tackling, heading and even pace then Bennett is the clear winner.

Bennett has surprised me massively. I'd seen him numerous times for Norwich and i didn't think he was that good, a bog standard Championship defender but he's been much better than that. No idea what he did to Rhodes off the ball last night as we missed it but Rhodes was winding him up so he definitely said something to him and sometimes you react. Stupid maybe but i do like the fact that we aren't pushovers anymore. There is a line that we shouldn't cross but i'm fine with what we are doing at the minute.

I thought bringing on a centre half was the right thing to do once Wednesday put the lumps on but Danny wasn't very good. He didn't win an awful lot, the chest out of play looked bad from the other end and he was bullied a couple of times too while Bennett looked just as solid at RB and had he more of an attacking instinct probably would have scored when he got forward. Bennett also played one of the passes of the game with the outside of his right foot to Doherty who crossed for Bonatini. At the minute if it's a choice between the 2 then Bennett wins for me.

For me Bennett doesn't work at RWB - got forward in space on one occasion & really didn't seem sure what to do with the ball

And as a defender would prefer to see Hause back in as think he is capable of better than either him or Batth

Back