• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed 0 - 1 Wolves: Verdict thread

I have high standards down the park.

On another day Neves sweeps that out to the right and we score on the counter. Or it deflects for a throw. Pretty unlucky for it to drop through to the striker perfectly in 1 on 1

Bennett's fuck up vs Bolton was awful but Batth vs Wednesday was a complete mess. That corner he gave away...

I'm not saying Bennett is brilliant, I'm on record as saying that I'drather have Hause or Miranda, but Batth is not a good footballer and I'd be stunned if he ever made a career for himself at the level that Bennett has.

On another day Neves sweeps that out to the right and we score on the counter. Or it deflects for a throw. Pretty unlucky for it to drop through to the striker perfectly in 1 on 1

Come on man, don't Cotterill me :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOuDRrwpB4

It's awful. Underhit, casual and then doesn't get back in to defend after he's fucked up. And I still say he knocks it in rather than Buckley.

Bennett's fuck up vs Bolton was awful but Batth vs Wednesday was a complete mess. That corner he gave away...

Oh no, not a corner?! It was shocking chest control (like the anti-Fellaini) but it's a pretty nondescript incident all told. It was obvious why we brought him on and the increased aerial threat didn't trouble us a jot. So job done.

Oh no, not a corner?! It was shocking chest control (like the anti-Fellaini) but it's a pretty nondescript incident all told. It was obvious why we brought him on and the increased aerial threat didn't trouble us a jot. So job done.

And if that corner had led to a goal? It's shit defending either way.

Batth being brought on to (barely) perform a specific purpose for 10 minutes doesn't make me rate him any higher tbh. Personally I'm much more comfortable with Bennett, he's far less likely to shite his pants whenever Cameron Jerome comes near him.

far less likely to shite his pants whenever Cameron Jerome comes near him.

Just close to getting a needless a red card because Jordan Rhodes whispered in his ear.....

Just close to getting a needless a red card because Jordan Rhodes whispered in his ear.....

Tbf if Rhodes walked within 5 yards of me I'd be tempted to do the same.

Tbf if Rhodes walked within 5 yards of me I'd be tempted to do the same.

He's the Bizarro version of you. Slightly balding, Scottish but sounds English...

He's the Bizarro version of you. Slightly balding, Scottish but sounds English...

:icon_lol:

I'll have you know my hairline has been like that since I was a kid, it's not going anywhere fast!

I ain't Scotch either!!! :icon_lol:

Come on man, don't Cotterill me :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOuDRrwpB4

It's awful. Underhit, casual and then doesn't get back in to defend after he's fucked up. And I still say he knocks it in rather than Buckley.

It’s a bit different to how I remember it! From where I sit in the NB it didn’t look like an OG but based on my previous assessment that means nothing!

Difference between Batth and Bennett for me is that there hasn't been a moment of defending that Bennett is done where I've said "oof, he really has no business getting beat there". Everything I expect Bennett to do, he does. Batth regularly has moments of "how the fuck has he messed that up?", though. Not least of which is his penchant for getting muscled off the ball when his strength is supposed to be his forte.

If you're wringing your hands about Bennett because of one poor pass against Bolton, or Batth because of a dodgy chest which only led to a corner, then you should also be worried about okaying Coady ever again because he nearly cost us a goal against Bolton in the first two minutes.

All CBs will make the odd mistake. Some unfortunately lead to goals, more often they lead to nothing.

If you're wringing your hands about Bennett because of one poor pass against Bolton, or Batth because of a dodgy chest which only led to a corner, then you should also be worried about okaying Coady ever again because he nearly cost us a goal against Bolton in the first two minutes.

Erm, no.

Funnily enough I don't have doubts about Bennett or Batth based on one specific incident.

Almost as if I've watched these players over a significant period of time and can make what I consider to be a reasoned assessment.

That's my point. They're all equally ridiculous.

Your point is ridiculous. Nobody is 'wringing their hands' over any one mistake. We're judging Boly/Bennett/Coady/Batth/Miranda over extended periods of time.

Back