• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 3-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I'm on the Potter or Moyes train now. This shit has to stop now not in December..
Potter wouldn't come. He wants complete control of the entire project from the ground up. At least that's what I heard when Leicester were interested in him.

Moyes would be a coin flip if it'd work or not. We might get some defensive stability but we could also go back to completely toothless up front.

Potter wouldn't come. He wants complete control of the entire project from the ground up. At least that's what I heard when Leicester were interested in him.

Moyes would be a coin flip if it'd work or not. We might get some defensive stability but we could also go back to completely toothless up front.
Why wouldn't we allow Potter to do that?

Shi would love that as long as he could control the purse strings.

It’s not a problem pretty sure Jeff’s illusion of the club is more bizzare than my dreams when I’m not wearing my cpap.

West Ham were toothless up front?

By my maths if he loses next week GON will have been at the wheel for our worst ever PL start, that’s going some considering Dave Jones was in charge for 03/04. Not sure how bad it has to get before it’s our worst ever top flight start ever.

We were before GON. Under both Nuno at the end, and Lage too.
Currently, we are toothless at the back 😂. Particularly in the full-back area.
That would be the first area Moyes would address.
I'd take a 0-0 against ANYBODY at the moment. Me and Dawson would.

Villa provided the blueprint of how not to play against Wolves…and how to turn us over without breaking sweat. First half they didn’t press, allowed us to pass it around them. We looked decent but that was as much down to how they played as us. Second half they stepped on our toes all over the pitch and we fell apart.

I quite like GON but sometimes I think that’s just because I find it difficult to agree with Johnny75…but for me, he must go.
In the first half Villa let us tire ourselves out by sitting back. They started to press in the second half. After 60 minutes, half of the Wolves team had run out of puff. Villa seem to understand that a game lasts at least 90 minutes. So do Newcastle. So do Chelsea. It seems Gary O'Neil and his coaching team have yet to work this out.

Additionally, some of the players physical pacing efforts seem to be the same as the Duracell bunny. Ait-Nouri and Lemina always seem to be drained by the 60th minute.

PL Managers will be noticing this and many will happily let us run ourselves into the ground in the first half with the intention of over-running us in the second half.

By my maths if he loses next week GON will have been at the wheel for our worst ever PL start, that’s going some considering Dave Jones was in charge for 03/04. Not sure how bad it has to get before it’s our worst ever top flight start ever.
I'll be releasing season 2003/04 tomorrow so I've been reviewing and rewatching the games just recently.

Despite an appalling start where we looked totally out of our depth in a number of games, on reflection IMO, we weren't that far behind the eight ball re the lower/mid table teams, despite an ordinary manager and some notable key players out for the entire season (Murray, Lescott and Ndah).

We lost our first 3 games, then drew with Portsmouth, then lost our next 2 games, drew with Notlob and then beat Man City in our 8th game.

As for our worst start to a top flight season, I reckon 1983/84 will be hard to beat.

Drew our first game at home against eventual champions Liverpool (and then beat them in the return game at Anfield WHAT THE FUCK), lost our next 3 league games, drew with Brum, lost our next 4 games drew with Villa, lost our next 3 games, drew with Coventry and then had our first win of the season away against WBA on November 26th (15th game of the season).

We were relegated, bottom of course, 12 pts behind the 21st placed team and 21 pts behind the 19th placed team.

A truly horrible horrible season.

The opposition managers are looking at their team's problems and adjusting accordingly, during the match. Unfortunately our manager doesn't know how to adjust to counter the opposition teams new tactics. We are so readable and we are getting out thought game after game.

I think it is our tactical pygmy telling everyone involved in the first team that they are hopelessly outgunned against virtually the entire division, so shock horror, when they concede, it quickly goes straight down the shitter.

We will be playing championship football in August next year unless he is binned.

Hard to tell. He’s had some good moments, but equally when he ran through towards goal in the first half I never thought he’d score at any point. Bit of a Doyle of a shot too.
I agree on the shot point, he doesn't appear to be a finisher. I think some of the criticism is harsh, but perhaps I'm just basking in the glow of having an actual centre forward for the first time in about 4 years.

I agree on the shot point, he doesn't appear to be a finisher. I think some of the criticism is harsh, but perhaps I'm just basking in the glow of having an actual centre forward for the first time in about 4 years.
I think we have to give him the chances.

For all of high press stuff we don't create many chances at all.

And buying a centre forward who is clearly good in the air then not putting any crosses into him is just bizarre squad building and tactical play.

The “little wolves” attitude from Gaz is really irksome and worst still people actually believe it.
Yes weren’t as big as say Villa or Newcastle but stop making us out to be Bournemouth or Brentford.
His pre match crowing about the opposition and how much better they’re is just simply makes our players feel 2 inches tall.
Also fans claiming he’s doing his very best, yes he is which is why he’s not suited to the role. To quote Sean Connery from the rock “losers always harp on about their best”

I’m seeing people claiming that it’s conspiracy against us with fixture list because we put forward the motion to scrap VAR. I mean logic of it is comical, first to point out is why haven’t they screwed Forest and Everton with their fixtures. Two clubs thatve been far more against the PL last season.
Are problems are more with the PGMOL not so much the PL

Back