• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 3-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

You know it's quite possible to run a reasonable Premier League club and not spend £200m a year. They're not mutually exclusive.

Plenty of other comparable teams manage it.
And we haven't been relegated yet and Fosun have been doing precisely that. We've finished 2 x 7th, 1 x 10th, 2 x 13th and 1 x 14th. Reasonable I'd say and while I agree the signs don't look good this season, we've been here before.

Fucking shit we played Villa not a Top 3 team.

Fuck me only 3 games are not winnable from day 1
City and Arsenal, liverpool.

and even they can be beaten.

Don't then. It's an internet forum.
Fuck me, not the “free country” defense

Look man, do you. But don’t pretend you have some window into the Truth that everyone else is lacking.

And we haven't been relegated yet and Fosun have been doing precisely that. We've finished 2 x 7th, 1 x 10th, 2 x 13th and 1 x 14th. Reasonable I'd say and while I agree the signs don't look good this season, we've been here before.
Oh well that's ok then.

You understand that just because I had to watch Eric Young, Dennis Pearce and Mark Atkins all in the same team nearly 30 years ago doesn't mean I'm happy that we can't pass the ball, can't control a game, can't defend a lead and habitually get worse every time we make a sub?

Fuck me, not the “free country” defense

Look man, do you. But don’t pretend you have some window into the Truth that everyone else is lacking.
I do do me if you hadn't noticed. As I said previously, I treat this place as if we were all sitting in the Western and having a pint.

I don't take much in life too seriously anymore given some of the things I've experienced in life and that probably shows through.

One thing I have noticed on this forum, in all seriousness, is that it is difficult to have an opinion that isn't in consensus with most. I've experienced it and so have others. My choice whether I come back and keep taking it though.

I have no window into the truth and for you to suggest it is pure bollocks but that is usually the way of folk who can't present any other argument or viewpoint. Simply attack the cunt offering a different viewpoint being the order of the day. That's fine in my case.... I can take it and I'll even buy you a pint as you're doing it. Enjoy your evening.

One thing I have noticed on this forum, in all seriousness, is that it is difficult to have an opinion that isn't in consensus with most. I've experienced it and so have others.
I hate this line, I really do.

I often don't agree with Tony, Johnny, Lycan, Kenny, I could go on - but they're my friends. Do I ever feel someone is "shouting me down", no, I was very anti-Lage when this forum was broadly not, did it bother me, no.

There's no gang that's co-ordinating a move on you. Maybe if everyone says you're talking shite, you're talking shite.

Oh well that's ok then.

You understand that just because I had to watch Eric Young, Dennis Pearce and Mark Atkins all in the same team nearly 30 years ago doesn't mean I'm happy that we can't pass the ball, can't control a game, can't defend a lead and habitually get worse every time we make a sub?
I do and I'll raise you Hwang, Doc, Hankin, Halford and Saville.

I hate this line, I really do.

I often don't agree with Tony, Johnny, Lycan, Kenny, I could go on - but they're my friends. Do I ever feel someone is "shouting me down", no, I was very anti-Lage when this forum was broadly not, did it bother me, no.

There's no gang that's co-ordinating a move on you. Maybe if everyone says you're talking shite, you're talking shite.
But you are quite prepared to debate. Others don't. They just make a personal attack. And yes, I admit, I just called someone a "Twat" and I'd do it again if we were in the Western. ;)

“The things I’ve seen” is an argument that patently elevates your perspective over those who disagree.

This forum isn’t nearly so hostile as people make it out to be, I mean for Christ’s sake, I can’t even list the number of times I’ve been a Party of One on something, and yeah I get plenty of stick, but almost nobody ever pulls the least common denominator card of devaluing *all* of my opinions because there’s some shit in life I didn’t experience.

Your pedestal, blinders, and superiority complex aren’t constructive.

I haven't said that.
I have seen us go down the leagues and back up again. I've seen really shit players and some really good ones in a Wolves shirt.
Top dollar makes little difference. Everyone has a choice in their lives. Go or don't go. Your choice. No-one is forcing you to pay or to go.

The law of supply and demand.

As for us, I'll be frank. The Prem. bores me most of the time because it isn't a fair or even close to a fair competition. I watch a lot of the lower leagues because you have players aspiring to be better. In the Prem. there's too many primadonnas spoiling the game. I love watching Cunha in full flow, I detest the shit he pulls like he did today. Then you have the standard of refereeing and while VAR is better this season, it totally fucked me off the last few seasons.

So, I just take it as it is. For better or worse. Sure, I'd love us to be competing at the other end of the table. Realistically though, it ain't happening. And when you've been through the Bhattis, you try to understand why Fosun want us to be self sustaining. Sure there is a pain factor. Such is life.
Behave yourself. I’ve been going since 84 so I don’t need your implication that you have some kind of superior life experience just because you can’t seem capable of discerning between good and bad leadership.

Back