• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

We view it as must win next week but so must they? They'll think we've lost 4 out of 5 and were utter shite away last season.

If we lose the next three I reckon we'll be after a new manager. You can't sustain that kind of run with no CV.

We view it as must win next week but so must they? They'll think we've lost 4 out of 5 and were utter shite away last season.

If we lose the next three I reckon we'll be after a new manager. You can't sustain that kind of run with no CV.
I think if we lose at Luton next week he should go. He won't, but he should.

That's the problem with the metaphorical shrug of the shoulders about games like today, it means you have to win ones like next week.

He should go today. He shouldn't have been hired. He's out of his depth.
Been watching final score and I think we have the worst / least suited manager in the league. Dyche and Edwards would be his closest I guess but, putting aside Dyche’s character, I’d rather have either.

If you are living in the land of cliches then that's true. Leicester and Leeds both did the double over us last year, we beat Spurs, Villa and Liverpool. Football isn't that binary.

We weren't around them though, we finished 13th.

How did the get on against Everton, forest and Bournemouth?

We were far better than them for 45’, we let them take that from us without a fight.

We are capable and today is on Gary, simple as.

OK, we weren't in relegation trouble at all when we lost those games? You are acting in bad faith, so I'll leave you to derive whatever pleasure it is you get from that

Cunha’s shit long range effort from the centre circle
Should have ran at the 20 year old into the acres of space and then would have likely had a very presentable opportunity, although not sure that would have changed much

Just on O’Neil i think the reaction to his comments are bizarre, like a validation that you think he’s shit so will take it that way. Been done to death but we all know not one fan would have chosen him and in all likelihood we’ll be looking for another manager this season but I don’t understand how it seems 95% of fans can’t be open minded on comments/decisions etc…

His comment regarding not being judged originally came from Joe Cole and they were basically saying where we finish will generally come down to how we play against “the other 14” which it definitely is. Beat the teams around you and you’ll finish above them and then hopefully you play well and take points against the best teams. We aren’t the team Nuno had in the first 2 seasons and we need to realise that, again some are finding it hard to do.

In his other press conference he basically outlined the plan which was executed perfectly in the first half. Second half it wasn’t but that was down to a combination of things, Liverpool going 424, our players tiring, our forward players being too far apart and none of them holding it up. Subs look odd but i think we actually improved slightly with them ( i would have brought Sasa on) and started to get out again, get a couple of passes right and we have good chances and with a different ref we might have too. Possibly could have gone to a back 5 against the 4 to cut down on the amount of ground to cover but can also see why he didn’t.

As O’Neil has said we then caused chaos with our decision making for the 2nd goal something they have spoken about, being less chaotic and more predictable until they get to the final third. That’s a fair way of looking at it but we’ve got a long way to go.

In short, well set up first half and should have been 2 up. Always going to have less of the ball in the 2nd but didn’t look after it enough when we had it but weren’t being battered. Sa then does something stupid and we don’t react and the game was gone. The first half has to be a blueprint going forward, there are positives and we desperately need to see more of them from next week.

Should have ran at the 20 year old into the acres of space and then would have likely had a very presentable opportunity, although not sure that would have changed much

He'd have probably rinsed him, got 1 on 1 with Allison and fell over.

Just on O’Neil i think the reaction to his comments are bizarre, like a validation that you think he’s shit so will take it that way. Been done to death but we all know not one fan would have chosen him and in all likelihood we’ll be looking for another manager this season but I don’t understand how it seems 95% of fans can’t be open minded on comments/decisions etc…

His comment regarding not being judged originally came from Joe Cole and they were basically saying where we finish will generally come down to how we play against “the other 14” which it definitely is. Beat the teams around you and you’ll finish above them and then hopefully you play well and take points against the best teams. We aren’t the team Nuno had in the first 2 seasons and we need to realise that, again some are finding it hard to do.

In his other press conference he basically outlined the plan which was executed perfectly in the first half. Second half it wasn’t but that was down to a combination of things, Liverpool going 424, our players tiring, our forward players being too far apart and none of them holding it up. Subs look odd but i think we actually improved slightly with them ( i would have brought Sasa on) and started to get out again, get a couple of passes right and we have good chances and with a different ref we might have too. Possibly could have gone to a back 5 against the 4 to cut down on the amount of ground to cover but can also see why he didn’t.

As O’Neil has said we then caused chaos with our decision making for the 2nd goal something they have spoken about, being less chaotic and more predictable until they get to the final third. That’s a fair way of looking at it but we’ve got a long way to go.

In short, well set up first half and should have been 2 up. Always going to have less of the ball in the 2nd but didn’t look after it enough when we had it but weren’t being battered. Sa then does something stupid and we don’t react and the game was gone. The first half has to be a blueprint going forward, there are positives and we desperately need to see more of them from next week.
We lost to one of "the other 14" in our last Premier league game, and in that mindset you're writing off 12 games out of 38 which is ridiculous and unsustainable

Back