• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

You’re right that they’re worse than Liverpool but all 3 are evidently better than us and by a distance. Not sure a good effort v Liverpool translates to points v those 3.

Think Punts was being sarky about O'Neil's post-match comments...

GON statement about not being judged on games v Liverpool is very much a statement that you can get away with at Bournemouth but not here. You absolutely can’t make the statement after not getting points at Palace where you’ll be a 100% judged.
If you’re writing fixtures off where do you stop with it? People now on here shrugging shoulders at Palace two weeks ago. Where do we get our points then?

Why not? I'm absolutely baffled by some of the expectations our fans have. The goal from our owners is to survive, we aren't going to try and do anything other than that. There's no ambition to try and compete at the top end of the table under these lot.

Until they are gone, the aim will be to get 35 points or whatever the magic number is.

Wasn’t been sarky @Wolvensam . It’s a factual comment.
You’re right that they’re worse than Liverpool but all 3 are evidently better than us and by a distance.
They will all finish above us in the table, A lot of teams will. We aren’t very good.
Not sure a good effort v Liverpool translates to points v those 3.
Haven’t said that

Well he’s set a precedent now with his can’t be judged against Liverpool bollocks, lose at Luton and he’s fucked.

The good
The overall performance in the first half, notably from Neto, Bellegarde, Gomes and RAN

Not Wolves but Liverpool's finishing for their first 2 goals, players who gambled and got their luck, compare that to the way we don't

For about 40 minutes we had a discernible style and knew what we were trying to achieve

The bad
The failure of anybody on or off the pitch to recognise what Liverpool were doing at the start of the second half, it wasn't subtle and was very similar to what they did last season at the same time, playing 20 yards higher up the pitch and pushing the fullbacks on, the only difference this year was it came with putting an extra forward player on as well. Our only response was to get deeper and deeper without any type of out ball until the inevitable goal.

Sa for the second goal, I don't have an issue with what he was trying to do, but you have to get it right, once you don't you deserve all the shit you are inevitably going to get

Klopp not pressing us high in the first half, did he do even the most basic of scouting of us?

We aren't fit enough, been evident in the last 2 games

The Ugly
Cunha's finishing isn't acceptable for any level of professional football. He offers so much in other ways, but he's a number 9 who's dreadful in front of goal

We are being overpowered all across the park, the answer is not to bring Doherty on at right wing. In years to come that will be spoken alongside Carl Cort the left winger and Kenny Miller the wing back

Semedo didn't have a bad game contextually today, but oh for a right full back with attacking end product, so many promising situations which came to nothing

The same old same old, concede soft goals whilst missing good chances

Sign on...just fuck off

The anonymous
Kilman's leadership

Silva's strength

Bellegarde's left foot, it's not even a swinger

Why not? I'm absolutely baffled by some of the expectations our fans have. The goal from our owners is to survive, we aren't going to try and do anything other than that. There's no ambition to try and compete at the top end of the table under these lot.

Until they are gone, the aim will be to get 35 points or whatever the magic number is.

What are my expectations then? I fully expect us to be touch and go with survival.
I’m picking up on contradictions like “we’ll beat Luton to nil, next week” then saying we’re just trying to survive.
The other is we did well v Liverpool so that’ll mean points v lesser opponents. It’s just rubbish

What are my expectations then? I fully expect us to be touch and go with survival.
I’m picking up on contradictions like “we’ll beat Luton to nil, next week” then saying we’re just trying to survive.
The other is we did well v Liverpool so that’ll mean points v lesser opponents. It’s just rubbish

I've no idea, I'm not a mind reader?

We are just trying to survive, as long as we are in the PL Fosun don't really care.

Luton are dogshit, if we don't beat them to nil we may aswell fold the club.

Even if we had gone in 3-0 at half time we'd have lost that game in the second half.

Some superb individual performances but collectively atrocious in the second half and one of the worst double substitutions I've ever seen with Silva & Doc on for Cunha & Hwang.

I keep seeing this, but I'm intrigued to see what alternative subs he should have made that would have guaranteed us the points?
Well nothing guarantees the points, but if Hwang is coming off because he's knackered then the change is Bellegarde out right and an extra man in midfield be it Doyle or Traore. It isn't Doherty as wide forward/ midfielder

It'd be funny on here if we do. People losing their minds after we got beat by the second or third best side in the league.
Says the person who said we should pack up the club if we lose next week

Its absolutely hilarious paying a small fortune to watch us get battered. Need a new rib here.

I don't think today was a battering? It was quite a good game to watch in fairness. Feel like I got my money's worth today.

Think they are the worst PL side I've seen. They'll be close to Derby's record.
I don't disagree, but we are playing them before they are broken and are still playing with spirit. Derby's 1 win was the 6th game of the season.

Back