• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Those still confident I applaud your optimism.
From a personal view point this is the weakest squad of players we’ve had since coming back up.
Previous squads had far better mental strength and the ability to grind stuff out when it was needed.

Listening to him on Sky just after I’d got in he seems to be pinning a lot of hope on doing well against the so called lesser Teams.
Should he still be around I reckon he’s gonna need at least nine points in November.
As for myself, Nuno changed my whole mindset with regards to the Premier League and I really thought we were gonna become an established Premier League side.
I now have the same mindset I had when both Jones and Mick had us in the top flight in that it’s just a matter of time before we’re relegated.

How shit is Sam Johnstone by the way? What a fucking waste of £10M.
On the ball - a different flavour of nonsense to Sa, but nonsense all the same
Commanding the box - not really
Saves - one excellent one today though the less charitable will say it just hit him. I'll give him the credit
Preventable goals - he has to save Konaté's today and Wood's at Forest. So we're still giving up stupid goals out of nothing, and we can't defend to start with

I don't like Sa but we haven't upgraded in any meaningful sense.

It's a penalty.

I have no idea what no.pen, 8 can show you 5 today means.

We're not fucking victims here, it's rubbish defending.
I can show you 5 stills from today worse than that no pen.

It's one of them you get you sort of say ok, you dont get you sort of go not sure enough contact.

These have not been given all season PGMOL said they would not be giving them this season

There is no where near enough contact in real time.

The ref is from the Wirral since when has that been acceptible?

1st Liverpool Goal, straight arm smash on Cunha not given

Saves - one excellent one today though the less charitable will say it just hit him. I'll give him the credit
Preventable goals - he has to save Konaté's today and Wood's at Forest. So we're still giving up stupid goals out of nothing, and we can't defend to start with

Forget Sá, Johnstone is just shit and we've paid £10M for nothing. The Wood & Konate goals are just dreadful.

were going to be 1 point from 8 and there are still going to be plenty making excuses for the board and management. They’re going to realise too late. We’re fucked

Still plenty of 'look at me' useful idiots on social media (not sure it they're all real obvs)

Listening to him on Sky just after I’d got in he seems to be pinning a lot of hope on doing well against the so called lesser Teams.
Should he still be around I reckon he’s gonna need at least nine points in November.
As for myself, Nuno changed my whole mindset with regards to the Premier League and I really thought we were gonna become an established Premier League side.
I now have the same mindset I had when both Jones and Mick had us in the top flight in that it’s just a matter of time before we’re relegated.

I don’t think you’re ever established now, unfortunately our owners thought we were after just 3 seasons and have slowly diminished the quality of the squad on a yearly basis and at the same time fucking off good coaches and replacing them with sub standard coaches.
It’s damming when your fans know full well that PL status is fragile once you take it for granted but the owners don’t.

I don’t think you’re ever established now, unfortunately our owners thought we were after just 3 seasons and have slowly diminished the quality of the squad on a yearly basis and at the same time fucking off good coaches and replacing them with sub standard coaches.
It’s damming when your fans know full well that PL status is fragile once you take it for granted but the owners don’t.
No club of our size is ever established.

Look at the 2006/07 PL, contains:

Blackburn
Bolton
Charlton
Middlesbrough
Portsmouth
Reading
Sheff Utd
Watford
Wigan

Yeah, and where are they now.

Who do you like?

I can show you 5 stills from today worse than that no pen.

It's one of them you get you sort of say ok, you dont get you sort of go not sure enough contact.

These have not been given all season PGMOL said they would not be giving them this season

There is no where near enough contact in real time.

The ref is from the Wirral since when has that been acceptible?

1st Liverpool Goal, straight arm smash on Cunha not given
My view is that if Van Dyke does the same thing there is no penalty.

Who do you like?
In terms of historic Wolves keepers, or generally?

I don't think José Sa or Sam Johnstone would get in my top 5 Wolves keepers right now, given context. I mean Sa is quite obviously better than Mark Kendall was but a) he was a massive downgrade on what we had and b) he's brought nothing to the club in the way that Kendall did, he's just an annoying cunt of a keeper. And Johnstone is a less eccentric version of the same thing.

I'll have Kendall, Mike Stowell, Matt Murray, Wayne Hennessey, Rui Patricio, John Ruddy and Marcus Hahnemann over either of them all things considered.

Back