• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

It's been a shit season so far but it's only 6 games in and I'm still not ready to admit defeat yet. We are still only one win away from being out of the bottom three. And as long as we don't suddenly need two wins to get out of it we are always in with a chance. The fixtures from now until Christmas are a lot kinder so let's hope we can start picking up points and getting some confidence back.

/PMA

It's been a shit season so far but it's only 6 games in and I'm still not ready to admit defeat yet. We are still only one win away from being out of the bottom three. And as long as we don't suddenly need two wins to get out of it we are always in with a chance. The fixtures from now until Christmas are a lot kinder so let's hope we can start picking up points and getting some confidence back.

/PMA
13 out of 18 PL games now where we've conceded 2+, against a range of opposition.

How many games do you think we're going to win when we evidently cannot defend?

No, I'm saying we were dreadful because we conceded two goals, barely created any chances and mostly passed the ball sideways.

The safety first passing makes us look OK in the possession stats but we rarely play a pass that takes an opposition player out of the game.

Are you saying we weren't dreadful because we lost?
We did pass sideways and backwards a lot but we did create some opportunities and we did play some passes that took the opposition out of the game partic. in the first half.

I can agree there were some individual mistakes that were dreadful. However, you summed up the whole game as dreadful and I'm just challenging that opinion.

We didn't create anything.

We played alright but Alisson had nothing to do.
That's patently not true. We scored for one.
And Alisson did have other saves to make.
We definitely created some opportunities but they defended them well with their defenders.

Thought Toti did well considering he wasn’t fit. Certainly better than Hoever as some nob said.

Overall we’re going down if we keep GON, we’ll probably go down without him but we’ll stop looking so pathetic.

13 out of 18 PL games now where we've conceded 2+, against a range of opposition.

How many games do you think we're going to win when we evidently cannot defend?
Are you saying that's never going to change no matter what opposition we face?

We might lose more than we win but so will every other team at the bottom of the table. We just need to win one more than them as it stands. All I'm saying is I'm not giving up on the situation just yet this early in the season. Things change, performances can improve, confidence can come back, We just need some points by hook or by crook. That's more likely to happen against weaker opposition is all I'm saying. If it doesn't then he'll rightfully be sacked.

We did create a few chances. We scored from one of them - created by Larsen’s persistence.
See above (how have both of you missed that context FFS, I literally quoted him)

Go on then, list the chances we had in the first 30 minutes.

We might lose more than we win but so will every other team at the bottom of the table. We just need to win one more than them as it stands. All I'm saying is I'm not giving up on the situation just yet this early in the season. Things change, performances can improve, confidence can come back, We just need some points by hook or by crook. That's more likely to happen against weaker opposition is all I'm saying. If it doesn't then he'll rightfully be sacked.
We do concede against everyone under O'Neil.

You don't need the fingers of both hands to count the PL clean sheets we've had under him. In 44 games.

We did pass sideways and backwards a lot but we did create some opportunities and we did play some passes that took the opposition out of the game partic. in the first half.

I can agree there were some individual mistakes that were dreadful. However, you summed up the whole game as dreadful and I'm just challenging that opinion.
Yeah, I get your challenge and I'm not really sure what your evidence is tbh.

Poor xG, 3 shots on target (2 were very soft and 1 was the goal), few corners and worse possession stats. Plus a failure on the "eye test". Chuck in the mistakes and it paints a really poor picture of the game.

We never looked like a team that would get a result, Liverpool were able to play with plenty in reserve for most of the game.

Sorry, what?

I used that as an example of why we shouldn't go "ah, it's ok, it was bound to happen" when we lose a home game. Because they are beatable, they were today. You seem to think it IS ok. It really isn't. Not when you're bottom of the league before you even kick off. Not when you haven't won for months.

As for "we can't do anything about it", well close the fucking forum then. What's the point because Gary O'Neil, Matt Hobbs and Jeff Shi will do what they want and we can't change it. What an amazing mindset.
Just a different mindset to you. That's all. I just don't think it's all doom and gloom. Sure, there have been some very strange things going on from a football point of view. I'm hopeful of an improvement over the next 6 games.

I din't say we were good, I said we were the better team. Subtle difference.
What's the evidence for that?

We were poorer on possession, xG, corners, shots, shots on target and crosses.

We did draw on volumes of throw in, so there is that.

That’s all well and good but you can’t shithouse a win when your defence is so shockingly bad. As I’ve said proof is next Saturday when our good efforts v the big boys should yield a win v Brentford.
It’s utter rubbish, for starters we’re mentally weak and blatantly nieve.
We’ll get enough wins to probably notch about 22-28 points but nowhere near enough to survive.

Back