• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

You don't hate the club. You hate the club's direction at the present moment. Part of being a Wolves fan. We've dealt with worse. Far worse. Go enjoy your evening.
It’s a wonder you can get enough oxygen with how high your pedestal is

Some decent build-up play but virtually zero attacking threat. 0.08 xG for the 2nd half is pathetic, and I lost count of the number of times we gave the ball away. The only positive I can take is that it was less of a mauling than expected, but that was in good part because Liverpool were well below par, but even that probably only guarantees a few more plucky defeats. At least Doc stayed on the bench.
0.56 vs 2.64 for the game.

And we were losing for the final half an hour.

That cannot be the answer forever. "Remember when".

We're doing this out of choice, there is no reason whatsoever why Wolverhampton Wanderers should have this squad, this manager and this approach to transfer activity and squad building.
Listen to yourself. We just lost to Liverpool. Had we used the ball better in the last few minutes, we may have got something. Had Semedo not rugby tackled Jota, we may have got something.

Even with another left back, two centre backs and another forward, we would probably still have lost.

Far too many people have an agenda to pick out certain players for abuse at the moment. I'm guilty. Semedo drives me nuts, Bellegarde worse and Hwang is beyond description. However, we have a core nucleus who are decent and will hopefully lift us out of this mess before long. Still far too early to have a downer on every single thing about the club. And that seems to be the agenda of some people on here.

Chin up. We go again next week.

We've won literally one game in six months FFS. You listen to yourself.

I also watched us beat Liverpool handily in the heady days of er, 2023. They're good, they're not an impossible task.
I've also seen us beat Liverpool several times. So what? They beat us today by one goal. One conceded by a stupid thick experienced player who can't defend to save his life. Now, if we'd been totally outclassed and destroyed by 4 or 5, I might understand your argument. Shit is being beaten 5-0 at home by Barnsley.

Losing has become a habit. We need a change just to try and wrestle back some sort of stability, even if it turns out to be temporary. Make no mistake, this is a relegation team. Every other team will be looking at us and thinking they can take 3 points every time. When we play weaker teams we'll get draws and it won't be enough. Hurts when it's your team who are the standout shitty team in the league.

Against Luton. Unconvincingly.

But yeah, let’s do it all again next week.
I honestly don't get what moaning about the situation week in, week out gets anyone but a whole heap of misery. There is nothing we can control here. We aren't the owners, we aren't the manager and we aren't the players. They are the only people who can change things. Why get so down and depressed every time we lose a game? What's the point?

It's football. We will always have another game.

I've also seen us beat Liverpool several times. So what? They beat us today by one goal. One conceded by a stupid thick experienced player who can't defend to save his life. Now, if we'd been totally outclassed and destroyed by 4 or 5, I might understand your argument. Shit is being beaten 5-0 at home by Barnsley.
You know I was fucking there too, don't you? Who is it you think you're arguing with?

This is insane.

Let's scratch a bit deeper, of those 6 points only 2 of them were from sides not relegated last season (two draws against Forest)

Losing has become a habit. We need a change just to try and wrestle back some sort of stability, even if it turns out to be temporary. Make no mistake, this is a relegation team. Every other team will be looking at us and thinking they can take 3 points every time. When we play weaker teams we'll get draws and it won't be enough. Hurts when it's your team who are the standout shitty team in the league.
100% a relegation team until we do something to stop conceding goals. Being cut wide open is one thing but stupid mistakes and errors by players definitely means we will be down the bottom until we find a way to stop the opposition threat.

You know I was fucking there too, don't you? Who is it you think you're arguing with?

This is insane.
You were the one harping on about the past and comparing the 2023 team to this one. Can't I join you?

Get yourself level against Liverpool when they’re playing average then concede a minute later is criminal.
Look the side who created more and had more control won tonight.
First 45 minutes were very decent but it’s pointless when you concede like that.
Never have I seen a manager make tactical changes that actively hinder us so much. We looked a shambles once Doyle and Hwang were bought on. We created nothing and looked like conceding at will.
Liverpool were average/ professional nothing more. We are everything that a relegation club is, don’t score enough, easy to play through and weak mentally.
Next week every excuse the GON defenders use goes out the window if we lose again.
I’m fucking furious because so many will think this wasn’t so bad. Personally if he doesn’t win at Brentford that should be that a plucky draw is not enough.

I honestly don't get what moaning about the situation week in, week out gets anyone but a whole heap of misery. There is nothing we can control here. We aren't the owners, we aren't the manager and we aren't the players. They are the only people who can change things. Why get so down and depressed every time we lose a game? What's the point?

It's football. We will always have another game.
Moaning about moaning is a much better use of time, definitely

This is no kind of argument.

"We cannot defend, we continually concede 2+ goals a game and we struggle to recover if we do go behind, which we always do"

"Yes but remember Simon Coleman at the Manor Ground in 1997"

What the FUCK kind of argument is that? WE KEEP LOSING ALL THE TIME, HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS.

Sorry for the caps but for fuck's sake.

Liverpool were average/ professional nothing more. We are everything that a relegation club is, don’t score enough, easy to play through and weak mentally.
I'm going to disagree with you to some extent as they weren't particularly professional in the last few minutes as time and time again they gave us the ball. They should have kept it, controlled it and run the clock down but instead they still wanted that third goal.

Back