• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

Traore was poor, but it's not like he forgot how to run or kick a ball. It was basically a 15min distillation of Jota's game up to that point. He turned it around though... Unlike Jota.

Traore was poor, but it's not like he forgot how to run or kick a ball. It was basically a 15min distillation of Jota's game up to that point. He turned it around though... Unlike Jota.

I really have no idea what you were watching if you think Jota was as poor as Traore was for that 15 minutes. You seem to have an irrational view of Jota this season for some reason.

Totally bizarre.

Jota was ok first half (should have shot when he worked himself a good chance...but didn't), poor after half time.

Traore essentially lost it every time he got it, didn't show for the ball and didn't make any runs. He was horrific. Until he produced a bit of magic out of nowhere. That's him all over, Saturday was just a more extreme version of it as he isn't normally *that* bad even if he is in spanner mode.

I really have no idea what you were watching if you think Jota was as poor as Traore was for that 15 minutes. You seem to have an irrational view of Jota this season for some reason.

Totally bizarre.

Traore gets a lot of stuck for running into walls, but that's what Jota does more often than not. Traore = spanner, moron, etc. Jota = had a bad game, etc.

It's not an unfair criticism/parallel.

but this thread has been rather silly for about 4 pages now.

That'll be Diogo Jota who scored more goals last season than Adama Traore has managed in his entire career.

And it wasn't running into traffic that was Adama's problem on Saturday. It was being incapable of performing the very basics of football, as if he'd been possessed by the spirit of Gary Madine.

not suggesting those are unfair points.

Jota has not been very good this season though, if cav had been fit i think he'd have been out. Thought he'd turned a corner against burnley, but wasn't up to much against saints.

Bit different to Costa / Traore as Helder deserves to be playing on *current* form, rather than how he played in the champ.

Traore gets a lot of stuck for running into walls, but that's what Jota does more often than not. Traore = spanner, moron, etc. Jota = had a bad game, etc.

It's not an unfair criticism/parallel.

but this thread has been rather silly for about 4 pages now.

Again, I have no idea what you've been watching if you think Jota was anywhere near as bad as Traore was for those 15 minutes.

Traore has had much more impact in the short amount of time he's had on the pitch. Both good and bad whereas Diogo hasn't hit the heights of last season yet.

Jota was superb against Man City and I think it's because we expect him to be top drawer that a lot feel disappointed he isn't tearing up the PL. In any other team below the top 6 he'd be classed as an important player.

I thought Jota played well on Saturday and was our most dangerous player in the first half hence Vestergaard clogging him at Atwell's will. He does however look hesitant and lacking confidence in the box and really needs a goal.

Again, I have no idea what you've been watching if you think Jota was anywhere near as bad as Traore was for those 15 minutes.

Traore has had much more impact in the short amount of time he's had on the pitch. Both good and bad whereas Diogo hasn't hit the heights of last season yet.

Jota was superb against Man City and I think it's because we expect him to be top drawer that a lot feel disappointed he isn't tearing up the PL. In any other team below the top 6 he'd be classed as an important player.
At some point, though, we have to expect Jota to contribute with assists or goals as an IF. Don't think he has done either this season?

I'm not suggesting we should drop him yet, but he does need to up his results with Cav on the sidelines. As someone insightfully pointed out on the other thread, it's all about goals don't you know.

jesus christ enough about those 15 minutes

jesus christ enough about those 15 minutes

As you're on the match verdict thread it's what the game is about and when you've compared the two players what else would you like me to compare it to?

At some point, though, we have to expect Jota to contribute with assists or goals as an IF. Don't think he has done either this season?

I'm not suggesting we should drop him yet, but he does need to up his results with Cav on the sidelines. As someone insightfully pointed out on the other thread, it's all about goals don't you know.

Jota hasn't contributed yet. But as TT says he played well on Saturday.

No need for that
Jeez, might have to request a name change to Johnny if I keep offending people like this.
Jota hasn't contributed yet. But as TT says he played well on Saturday.
He was ok in the first half, don't think he was anything like as incisive as in the champ though. Second half he was really not very good and rightly got subbed.

Jeez, might have to request a name change to Johnny if I keep offending people like this. He was ok in the first half, don't think he was anything like as incisive as in the champ though. Second half he was really not very good and rightly got subbed.

Are you trying to be a cock to everybody tonight?

Back