• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

A truly terrible player who created the first and indirectly created the second after all the quality players created very little all game. I'll take that.

I believe I praised his work for the first goal so you can take Booz's high horse elsewhere, my friend.

In the alternate universe where 4G works properly inside Molineux, the game stops so I can post on the forum and you ask me for my views on his performance at 78 minutes, then I think it would have been fair to wholeheartedly slate him as he was awful and had contributed absolutely nothing positive. He wasn't even trying to face the right way half the time. He was shit. But it's obvious that at some point he might do something, in fact probably will, that's why we've bought him. Doesn't make him any less infuriating to watch, you can't just habitually let parks standard play fly because "it'll turn out ok eventually". In fact a better team than Southampton might have made more of a possession vacuum on that side.

I really dont think he is as bad as said on here..sounds like a new Doherty

Matt Doherty who got slated for being fucking shit for years, yes.

Saturday showed why he is our record signing. We weren't making any inroads at all until he skinned his man.

Apart from all the chances we created in the first half, like.

We created nothing in the second half - game was petering out to nil nil. It's very helpful to have a game changer on the bench.

I didn't say it wasn't.

However there isn't an Adama clause which means that when someone plays like Tim Steele wearing boots on the wrong feet, they get an exemption from criticism.

I believe I praised his work for the first goal so you can take Booz's high horse elsewhere, my friend.

I believe i missed a jinky-esque :) off that post.

Way, way back in this thread you'll find i made a similar post comparing him to a pub footballer.

There's no getting away, though, that we would be in a very different league position without him.

Edit - 4g works fine on Voda.

Traore at this point of his career is what he is (& it may be that it doesn't really develop any further) - he will come on & produce 20 mins of absolute rubbish, then make 1 unbeatable run which brings a goal to give us 3 points.

At this point of the club's development that's possibly what we are going to expect as we are not sufficiently established to buy finished articles - will we & he get better in the next couple of years? No doubt we will find out soon enough.

Will be fun finding out & still a lot better than it was 4 or 5 years ago

Without Traore we have four points less this season. With someone like Traore you have to consider his contribution as a whole.

He's played less but has more goals & assists than Jota & Costa

That’s the worst I’ve seen him so far, I think he’s been excellent for us, and has fantastic end product. He just needs to improve some of the aspects of his game, and I’m confident he will.

We said when we signed him he’s not the finished article, and that’s still the case, but he’s delivering so I’m happy with where he is.

He's 23 in January so he's not some callow kid.

I don't think anyone is saying "we should never have signed him", just looking at that 20-25 minutes and saying "wow, that was beyond bad". It was worse than I ever saw Sheyi Ojo play for us if you'd like a benchmark. Then of course he turned it around, which again no-one at all is refusing to acknowledge.

He was also pretty crap against Leicester and I really wouldn't want him starting any games for us any time soon.

Even if he doesn't improve at all but continues to make the same contributions through the season I'd be happy

He's 23 in January so he's not some callow kid.

I don't think anyone is saying "we should never have signed him", just looking at that 20-25 minutes and saying "wow, that was beyond bad". It was worse than I ever saw Sheyi Ojo play for us if you'd like a benchmark. Then of course he turned it around, which again no-one at all is refusing to acknowledge.

He was also pretty crap against Leicester and I really wouldn't want him starting any games for us any time soon.
Its weird i didn't think he was *that* bad, he made a couple of bad touches and runs, but that was all. I actually thought he passed the ball better, I get a very good view of him from my seat in the BW lower and his movement and tracking back, and general being part of the team looked better.

Saying that i quite liked Seyi at times.

Let's be realistic as well, if he was the finished article we'd be talking about one of top 20(?) players in the world

You leave that high horse right where it is if you don't mind!

Now you're just attention seeking.
Hit a nerve did I?

I take issue with people stooping to abuse. Calling one of our players dogshit is not really on to me, but if that's your thing carry on, as I said before.

Hit a nerve did I?

I take issue with people stooping to abuse. Calling one of our players dogshit is not really on to me, but if that's your thing carry on, as I said before.

Not really, just a bit of a light humour. I thought his performance was dogshit up until the last 12 minutes or so, not him personally. Probably on a par with comparing him to a pub footballer if we're talking being 'abusive' towards him. Funny someone else has also said he was shit but you don't take issue with that.

Not really, just a bit of a light humour. I thought his performance was dogshit up until the last 12 minutes or so, not him personally. Probably on a par with comparing him to a pub footballer if we're talking being 'abusive' towards him. Funny someone else has also said he was shit but you don't take issue with that.

Being called shit and being called dog shit are different things to me, but maybe that's just me.

I've posted elsewhere on here before that the need couch views with extreme expressive language is not something i really like, IMO it encourages personal abuse. Its like Facebook - i can't stand the place because it's an extreme window onto people, very look at me in a good and a bad way.

If you took my post the wrong way, and i think you did, i apologise.

Being called shit and being called dog shit are different things to me, but maybe that's just me.

I've posted elsewhere on here before that the need couch views with extreme expressive language is not something i really like, IMO it encourages personal abuse. Its like Facebook - i can't stand the place because it's an extreme window onto people, very look at me in a good and a bad way.

Apology accepted, believe it or not I'd much rather not get into ding dongs on a football forum either and I owe you an apology as well. I don't use Facebook either, hate the thing, and Twitter is also starting to get like that. I'd never abuse any of our players, even my well publicised dislike of Doherty never went down to personal levels (sorry, I did call him a bellend once for trying to look really hard in all of his photos), and I don't think Traore is dogshit as a player or a person, that was just my opinion of his performance up until he helped create the two goals. Like I said Saturday, I think he'll be a massive asset for us.

Shit's just shit to me, dogshit just puts a bit of variation on it. I save the good stuff for Del.

Being called $#@! and being called dog $#@! are different things to me, but maybe that's just me.

Oh well, the internet isn't for everyone.

Apology accepted, believe it or not I'd much rather not get into ding dongs on a football forum either.

Me either, apart from THM, that guy used to boil my fucking piss.

Back