• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

You know, I used to really enjoy this forum. There are some really knowledegable people and the discussions were well above the standard of other forums. But just lately there's a real edge of nastiness creeping into some of the discussions, both towards other posters and - God knows why - towards some of the players. I'm at a loss to understand why it's happened, given that we've made a stellar start to the new season, but it has. Of course, I'll get abused for this and told to grow a pair, but I can't be the only person who feels like this...

You know, I used to really enjoy this forum. There are some really knowledegable people and the discussions were well above the standard of other forums. But just lately there's a real edge of nastiness creeping into some of the discussions, both towards other posters and - God knows why - towards some of the players. I'm at a loss to understand why it's happened, given that we've made a stellar start to the new season, but it has. Of course, I'll get abused for this and told to grow a pair, but I can't be the only person who feels like this...

You're not

Nope, I feel the same. There are certain posters who seem to like to jump on some people's opinions and mock them. Its why I read more.than I post on here. There's an undercurrent of unpleasantness that puts me off posting too frequently.

Opinions seem to always be more polarised. Traore was the worst player on the planet and then he did well.

Doherty is either awful or good.

Nope you're not, debate is one thing, this, sometimes is something else !

Opinions seem to always be more polarised. Traore was the worst player on the planet and then he did well.

Doherty is either awful or good.
Doherty really is either awful or good though. There isn't much inbetween.

Doherty really is either awful or good though. There isn't much inbetween.
There is. But plenty of people see average as rubbish where he's concerned.

Same

I don't mind the spats between posters - they amuse me on boring days at work. But I have been a bit bemused at some of the commentary on the team. We've had a start I'm pretty sure none of us would have expected and would certainly have taken before the season started but most of the discussion is about which player isn't quite up to it. And as it's the internet, a lot of it is quite hyperbolic.

As someone who can't go to games and pretty much relies on MOTD highlights, it all seems a bit bizarre. I mean... we're doing fucking brilliantly, right??

There's an undercurrent of unpleasantness that puts me off posting too frequently.

I followed folk across from MM to get away from exactly that - the undercurrent of unpleasantness, the constant need to have a go at other people.

Now it's here quite regularly. Could everyone just chill?

I followed folk across from MM to get away from exactly that - the undercurrent of unpleasantness, the constant need to have a go at other people.

Now it's here quite regularly. Could everyone just chill?

I agree. This is a great forum. Let’s keep it intelligent and civilised please

we're playing the best football seen at Molineux for over 50 years and yet people get so offensive with some innocent comments made. Enjoy it while it lasts cos for sure it won't for ever.

Traore offers something that NO other player in the premier league does. There is NO other player with his size speed and stength. So he will make mistakes. So he will make some wrong decisions. He can look out of place but against tiring defenses he does exactly what it says on the tin. Its a 14 stone muscle bound road runner heading towards the opposition goal at high speed. Defenders shit themselves. Its a classic dilemma. Would you want to face him as a full back? I reckon 90% of the league fullbacks would have Traore as the one they would hate to play against. He can make a full back look like a walking yellow card. And if teams double up on him that creates space inside which Jonny, Doherty and Moutinho have all exploited in recent games.

No I would far sooner have Traore inside my tent pissing out that outside my tent pissing in TVM. He will win us more points than he loses.

The other signing that appears to have been a real steal is Rui Patricio. I was dubious when he was signed. I didnt see him as a big upgrade on Ruddy but I am happy to concde that I was wrong. He is one of the leagues top 5 keepers.

I dont mind disagreement on here. I also dont mind being in a minority of one. I can and will fight my corner and have the skin of a crocodile. But I agree sometimes we go a bit over the top. Its not what you say its the way that you say it.

"I disagree, thats really not how I saw that incident because of ........." Is much better than " Thats bollocks , are you blind? You spout utter nonsense" in my humble but entitled opinion.:icon_biggrin:

Cyber, how many piss based analogies do you have? [emoji2]

Traore's a total mutant- he's got one trick, and he's rubbish at everything else.

Fortunately, that trick has earned us four points so far, so it's difficult to quibble too much.

If you are awarding points then surely you have to deduct them as well? His poor decision making cost us two at United.

Back