• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

I need to sort out my metaphors from my analogies it would appear

Me and my mates half joked that Nuno was going to take Traore back off for Cav when he was about to come on. We thought he'd maybe come on too early to have proper effect. Will have to watch that touches video.

If you are awarding points then surely you have to deduct them as well? His poor decision making cost us two at United.

Is that because he didn’t pass at the end? You couldn’t deduct imaginary points because of every questionable decision a player makes, all our players would be massively on the negative.

Could have crossed there - minus two points. Could have passed there, minus two points. Could have shot there, minus two points - you’d never stop.

Is that because he didn’t pass at the end? You couldn’t deduct imaginary points because of every questionable decision a player makes, all our players would be massively on the negative.

Could have crossed there - minus two points. Could have passed there, minus two points. Could have shot there, minus two points - you’d never stop.
Twice in the last couple of minutes he was through and chose to shoot rather than pass to someone better placed. I agree it's facile, but so is claiming we only got two points on Saturday because of him assisting the assist.

Last edited:
There's no guarantee that had Traore passed we'd have scored, it's irritating to keep reading this, it's as though he blocked it on the line.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adama's assists aside, Nuno is still justified in leaving him on the bench. I dont think we can see a full 90 minutes of hit and miss erracticness (Is that a word) from him. He still needs to use more then his speed in certain games. Cav for me is the more likely to start at the weekend, he's miles the best finisher out of all three of the wingers.

Well if nothing else at least we have firmly appointed our official scapegoat for the 2018/19 season, phew glad that's sorted.

Adama's assists aside, Nuno is still justified in leaving him on the bench. I dont think we can see a full 90 minutes of hit and miss erracticness (Is that a word) from him. He still needs to use more then his speed in certain games. Cav for me is the more likely to start at the weekend, he's miles the best finisher out of all three of the wingers.
Agree with this Cav has a lot more than just dribbling in his arsenal, brilliant to have him back to directly challenge both Jota and Costa for a starting berth.

i think Traore is a game changer rather than a game starter at present. Cav in for Costa perhaps the only change currently.

Well if nothing else at least we have firmly appointed our official scapegoat for the 2018/19 season, phew glad that's sorted.
He has a lot to learn still, but Im not going to slag off any Wolves player in this team. Adama has his strengths and he's proven just a few of his arsenal, just needs to get smart at times and not just run. This football team is a joy to watch.

i think Traore is a game changer rather than a game starter at present. Cav in for Costa perhaps the only change currently.

Naa, Costa’s getting back to his old self. If anything I think Jota would drop to the bench as he’s been a bit hit and miss lately although nowhere near as bad as has been made out by one or two.

As for nastiness on here I don’t see any. Heated debate certainly but nastiness? No chance.

He has a lot to learn still, but Im not going to slag off any Wolves player in this team. Adama has his strengths and he's proven just a few of his arsenal, just needs to get smart at times and not just run. This football team is a joy to watch.
Yes indeed im still pinching myself that this is our team and some of the players that play for us now its unbelievable. Long may it continue, my only worry with Adama (who I wasn't keen on signing by the way) is that when things start to go wrong he will have the blamemongers all over him. I hope that isn't the case but we shall see when we inevitably hit a poor run of form/results.

Agree with Booz on Costa too, he has really improved in the last few games and Jota for me is still yet to really get going. In reality I don't see either being dropped for at least another few games but if it were the case I would say Cav in just for the fact he offers something very different to the rest and is more likely given the chance to hit the back of the net.

Yes agree too, Costa has looked really good in the past 3 games or so. If we were going to make a change it would be Jota to drop out, but i don't think we should change and I don't think we will. Unless Costa is out injured, in which case the Cav v Traore debate is going to be interesting.

There's no guarantee that had Traore passed we'd have scored, it's irritating to keep reading this, it's as though he blocked it on the line.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That's my point though. There was no guarantee that Jimenez would lay the ball off perfectly to Cav or that Cav would finish a harder chance than many we've missed this year. Yet there are comments they without him we'd be 4 points worse off. You can't have it both ways

Opinions seem to always be more polarised. Traore was the worst player on the planet and then he did well.

Doherty is either awful or good.

To me, it seems the hyperbole on here has gone way off the charts this season. Traore is dogshit, a parks footballer etc. Costa is shit, Bonatini is shit, Doherty is Satan etc...

We've seen some proper shit at Wolves (Roger Johnson anyone?) and the current squad may have off days, but some of the criticism thrown at them is laughable as its so wide of the mark.

To me, it seems the hyperbole on here has gone way off the charts this season. Traore is dogshit, a parks footballer etc. Costa is shit, Bonatini is shit, Doherty is Satan etc

Hang on hang on, let’s get it in context properly! Nobody has said Traore is dogshit, I said his performance up to the last 12 minutes was. I don’t think he’s shit at all but if we can’t air an opinion on a player’s performance (or even part of it) without it being labelled as hyperbole we’re going to have to refer to leedswolf’s signature and all start agreeing and patting each other on the back.

For what it’s worth Doherty for the most part has been very good, Costa is getting back to peak form and Jota just needs to buck his ideas up, we all know he’s class.

FWIW I have to stay off the matchday threads this season because it's borderline embarrassing at times.

I can't quite understand why there is as much negativity around the place at the moment. And I'm not saying that anyone is immune from criticism (I am also of the opinion that Traore was poor to begin with) or that we've been perfect this season - but I totally agree with DDW here.

I also think it would help the forum as a whole if people debated/criticised posts rather than the username above them as this behaviour is creeping into various subfora. By the looks of it, it's starting to have a negative effect on the wider community.

Back