• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

As if he went into the game with a mindset of "I'll be lenient first half and then start showing the cards in the second half" without any thought towards context at all.

Literally this. Vestergard has 3 cynical fouls in 5 minutes breaking up counters. Atwell even told him on the second one that was the last chance and then he did exactly the same thing the 3rd time. Was surprised Moutinho didn’t get a card although he was scared to tackle after his first couple.

Second half he starts dishing them out like confetti. Jota got booked for making one challenge all game (admittedly it was shit) and Traore literally poked the ball past him after a poor touch. Literally didn’t see any contact and if there was it was merely his toe and certainly not enough to warrant a yellow.

I don’t get the bloke, he seems like he has to be the centre of attention and tries to pretend to be a great ref when he’s monumentally shit. Literally no understanding of the game. One of those who was picked last at school and now feels like he has the power.

If that was a red card I need to see it again!?

He trod right on top of the guys foot trying to plant his leg. It was accidental and a yellow. Nothing more.

Yeah, never a red

Traore was booked as he kept hold of the ball & wouldn't let the other boys have a game - Attwell was working from the 'playground' rule book which says that there can be no losers and all have to have a go

If there's one thing he didn't do, it was keep hold of the ball :icon_lol:

His first 15-20 minutes on the pitch were pretty much as bad as it gets. He was embarrassingly awful on every single level. He actually couldn't have complained if Nuno had hooked him rather than Jota because he was that poor. But then he bursts pasts his man and helps set up the first goal (from when we were never going to lose), so meh. That's why he's on the pitch I suppose. You have to accept the times when he looks like he's never seen a football before.

If there's one thing he didn't do, it was keep hold of the ball :icon_lol:

His first 15-20 minutes on the pitch were pretty much as bad as it gets. He was embarrassingly awful on every single level. He actually couldn't have complained if Nuno had hooked him rather than Jota because he was that poor. But then he bursts pasts his man and helps set up the first goal (from when we were never going to lose), so meh. That's why he's on the pitch I suppose. You have to accept the times when he looks like he's never seen a football before.

I was only commenting on his run when he got booked - agree that he didn't hold onto it for most of the rest of his time on.

He was definitely bad for that first 15 mins (and I’m a fan). He relies too much on bursting past people with the ball from a standing start, and that worked in the champ because he’s so much faster and stronger - but it works a lot less here as the opposition are pretty good in those areas themselves, and can stop him (as they did repeatedly in this 15 mins)

Where he’s awesome is when he’s already running with the ball, he’s then almost impossible to stop - which makes it all the more interesting that he’s not that fussed about receiving the ball when he’s already moving, preferring to wander til he gets it.

I have faith that Nuno will get him moving and anticipating where he can receive the ball on the run and then he’s going to be absolutely horrible for the opposition.

Fair number of times the ball was being played up to him when he had his back to the goal - really didn't seem sure what to do with it then other than give it straight back :icon_smile:

Red card dear god. If there is an intentional stamp then fair enough its a red but if you dish out reds every time someone accidentally treads on someones foot there would be no-one left. There is no malice just a slightly clumsy foot down to say its a red is a very "talksport" like statement.

In other words what a pile of bollocks.

He could have been legitimately sent off for crimes against football. Not for that though.

From what I've seen thus far Traore is best utilised when the game is stretched. On Saturday he came on with Southampton keeping their shape and being happy with their point so there wasn't the space for him to do his knock and run trick. Nevertheless that's still what he tried to do hence continually losing the ball.

You can't take the part he played in the goal away from him though, so if you wanted to pull a YouTube montage of a typical Traore performance this would have some classic footage.

He could have been legitimately sent off for crimes against football. Not for that though.

I don't think he was that bad, Soton were terrified of him.

He was heavily involved in both goals, I think you're being a bit too harsh on him

He was that bad, it was seriously one of the worst sub appearances I have ever seen at any level of football. He did literally nothing right. Until he did. Which is ok, and we can sort of afford that luxury, but it's a very, very weird situation where we have a record signing who basically cannot start games because he's a moron.

He was poor until the opening goal. Up until then his first touch was appalling and his movement not much better. Once we went ahead he was the Traore we would expect.

A truly terrible player who created the first and indirectly created the second after all the quality players created very little all game. I'll take that.

I really dont think he is as bad as said on here..sounds like a new Doherty

A truly terrible player who created the first and indirectly created the second after all the quality players created very little all game. I'll take that.

Saturday showed why he is our record signing. We weren't making any inroads at all until he skinned his man.

Back