• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

What the dickens are you on about? Just watch the actual match and literally see him doing what you categorically say he didn’t. Throughout the match. Stop showing stills of players standing in perfectly normal positions, it’s absurd.
Obviously you don't understand defending. If I allowed as many crosses in as he did and I was playing for a pub team, I wouldn't expect to play the next game. He was fucking abysmal in that second half. Three crosses allowed in in the first 3 mins of it and he got no better when Grealish took him on. If you don't understand the photos, that's on you. In short, because you are being dense, he does not close down his opponent. He stands off the fuckers and gives them all the time in the world.

Obviously you don't understand defending. If I allowed as many crosses in as he did and I was playing for a pub team, I wouldn't expect to play the next game. He was fucking abysmal in that second half. Three crosses allowed in in the first 3 mins of it and he got no better when Grealish took him on. If you don't understand the photos, that's on you. In short, because you are being dense, he does not close down his opponent. He stands off the fuckers and gives them all the time in the world.

Please stop

Not until you ALL admit you are fucking related to Mr Shit Defender.
If we were to go along with your odd, odd, odd crusade (those stills don't show anything):

1) We should play Pedro Lima, who you decided off two pre-season friendlies is shit

2) We should play Matt Doherty, who has been not stopping crosses since 2013

Choose your weapon.

If we were to go along with your odd, odd, odd crusade (those stills don't show anything):

1) We should play Pedro Lima, who you decided off two pre-season friendlies is shit

2) We should play Matt Doherty, who has been not stopping crosses since 2013

Choose your weapon.
I did not say Lima was shit. I said he wasn't ready for the Prem.
Doc... I'd fuck him off with Semedo.

And if I want a crusade, I'd rather this one than your rather odd one with Sa. We all have our issues. ;)

I did not say Lima was shit. I said he wasn't ready for the Prem.
Doc... I'd fuck him off with Semedo.

And if I want a crusade, I'd rather this one than your rather odd one with Sa. We all have our issues. ;)
What?

Sa chucks in ridiculous goals, all the time. That's my issue with him. He was good today. I have no idea if he'll be any good next game.

Go on then, who should be playing RB between now and January?

Still him on ignore people. It’s refreshing, if slightly confusing atm.
Can't handle the evidence that Semedo doesn't stop crosses and doesn't close his man down properly? Go watch the video, I've time stamped it for you to show Semedo's incompetence.

Kavanagh was appalling throughout. The Gomes booking was incredible. Kovacic runs at him like a rutting stag and he gets booked.

Absolutely every 50/50 call given City's way and not a single foul given to Strand Larsen when Stones or Dias were battering him.
Kovacic rugby tackled Gomes the entire bar was laughing it was a joke

What?

Sa chucks in ridiculous goals, all the time. That's my issue with him. He was good today. I have no idea if he'll be any good next game.

Go on then, who should be playing RB between now and January?
Well obviously we have no choice but to play him. That's on GON / Fosun for only having this option.

Sa - he's in the most exposed position on the pitch. Keeper's mistakes are always amplified. And given the shit defence he has in front of him, I'm certainly giving him some latitude.

It's the inconsistency of officiating that bugs me pretty much more than anything else.

Earlier in the game Joao Gomes is penalised for a challenge much more innocuous than the challenge on Guedes posted above. Who holds the referees to account for their decisions?

With the goal, the more I see the replays of it, the more I think it shouldn't have been allowed - not for offside, but for the deliberate blocking of Sa.

Sa didn't become off-balance because of a 'normal' coming together of two players. He became off balance because the opposition player deliberately hindered his movement when the ball wasn't near either of them.

This caused Sa to be off balance and not in a position to correct things before Stones made contact. The header was pretty much straight at Sa. If he'd been able to hold his position, he could have either come for the ball (something he's pretty good at) or it would have been a routine save.

I'd love to see a simple factual analysis of VAR since its inception with an indication for each team of how many VAR decisions have gone in their favour and how many against.

If any one knows of any such analysis, can you post a link please.

Back