• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

He was absolutely scalped everytime by Savinho and he stood off Grealish every single time. He did actually put a challenge in on Doku first half... amazingly. So, based on the fact he challenged Doku once, and you are being a pedantic fuck, then that one occasion would potentially prove me wrong. Make of that what you will. I'm off to watch the Grand Prix.
You can relax, there are way more things that made you wrong. But well done for getting there regardless.

Much better performance throughout than we've seen for most of this season. When we went in at half time at 1-1 I feared a second half collapse but thankfully didn't happen but still a pisser to come away at the end with nothing again when we were seconds away from a point. In fact just before the string of corners we had a glimmer of hope that we may snatch the 3 points before Guedes was brought down. Of course nothing was given and play switched immediately to our end.

Sa was excellent, as others have said, within minutes I felt much more confident than with Johnstone in goal. The latter really hasn't impressed me and I feel City would have won easily with him in the nets. If O'Neil brings him back in when available then he deserves everything he gets.

Great to see the big Norwegian number 9 in gold score rather than the other one. I like JSL, gives us a real presence up front that we've lacked since Raul in his heyday.

The defence were resolute today and dealt with most things thrown at them, would like to see if Bueno settles down with a proper run in the side.

For once the subs didn't make us worse. Maybe not having the Hwang option helped but Forbs was lively when he came on, his first involvement being a lovely run on goal before firing a ball through the box which nobody was able to capitalise on.

That ref - Jesus, he couldn't have been more City even if he'd donned a parker and strutted around the pitch shouting 'mad fer it', so many howlers not least booking JG whilst Kovacic got nothing, the silly free kicks he was giving City whilst waving play on when our players were poleaxed, letting them take free kicks from wherever they fancied and so on and so on.

A much better performance and of course against a top, top side but this run is very concerning. 1 point from 8 games is woeful and will require a huge turn around in form dating back to March. So much pressure on the coming games.

'Matheus Nunes you're a cunt' was possibly my favourite moment.

Disappointed Andre didn't win many headers

The referee is a cunt.

I've learnt people from Florida are mad.

The poster who may or may not be a racist cunt has you all on strings.

The fuck is that
Speaks volumes about the goalkeeper hierarchy behind the scenes. Sa is persona non grata in terms of that (apparently). He'll be sold as soon as they get what they feel is a suitable bid.

Bad time to say this in amongst all the racist stuff but was going to say there were a lot of Korean/oriental fans around today wearing half and half scarves and taking photos of eachother with the stadium in the background

Bad time to say this in amongst all the racist stuff but was going to say there were a lot of Korean/oriental fans around today wearing half and half scarves and taking photos of eachother with the stadium in the background
Get used to It this is what Fosun want.

They’ll be gone soon enough. Did find it slightly annoying seeing them all do it outside the NB at full time.

It depends doesn't it.

If Sa starts the next game then he's saying it's no headache as Sa performed well and will stay as No.1.

If SJ comes back in then it's a fucking awful interview and no wonder Sa hasn't been "right".
"It's clear where were going next"

I took that to mean SJ is number 1.

Id have total sympathy if Sa went #headsgone

Back