• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

You don't see how walking out of the ground absolutely gutted we'd conceded a last minute winner, seeing a bunch of tourists laughing and joking taking photos, the poster boys and girls of everything shit this club has become would be annoying?
Yeah fair enough.

When you add the meat to the bones I get it.

It's not great for SJ if Sa starts the next game.
But then in the few games Johnstone has played so far he hasn't come close to performing how Sa did today. It was shit for Sa that the moment we signed SJ he went straight into the first team, though we all suspect there is something behind the scenes in play here

But then in the few games Johnstone has played so far he hasn't come close to performing how Sa did today. It was shit for Sa that the moment we signed SJ he went straight into the first team, though we all suspect there is something behind the scenes in play here
Money.

They thought they could replace Sa with SJ and make 5million quid (or so) and we'd be no worse off quality wise.

We all know this, and most people knew we would be worse on on the pitch too.

I’m pretty ambivalent about Sá but replacing him by the version of Johnstone from the past few games is moronic. .
Be weird wouldn’t it if replacing Sa was the act that finally pushed the fanbase too far? Who’d have called that a few months ago. Seems like it would though. Every one can see he did well today, and wildly improbable that SJ comes in and keeps a clean sheet because, well…

You don't see how walking out of the ground absolutely gutted we'd conceded a last minute winner, seeing a bunch of tourists laughing and joking taking photos, the poster boys and girls of everything shit this club has become would be annoying?
Yeah on the way out of the Steve Bull there was a couple stood on the steps of J10 with big smiles on their faces taking selfies with the pitch behind. Quite sad when considering the amount of 'legacy' fans who no longer go due to cost or the principles of the situation

Yeah on the way out of the Steve Bull there was a couple stood on the steps of J10 with big smiles on their faces taking selfies with the pitch behind. Quite sad when considering the amount of 'legacy' fans who no longer go due to cost or the principles of the situation
They will pay the big bucks though.

For this season anyway...

It's fine to back your number one if he misses a game if prior to that he's been doing well, but he's been piss poor. If GO brings SJ back he better hope he plays levels above anything we've seen so far or it could well be one of the final nails in his coffin.

Sa needed competition for his place as he was getting complacent. Johnstone gave him that. Sa responded with that performance today. That's what we need. Competition for places. Just need some full / wing backs who can fucking defend now.

Sa needed competition for his place as he was getting complacent. Johnstone gave him that. Sa responded with that performance today. That's what we need. Competition for places. Just need some full / wing backs who can fucking defend now.
There is no competition.

You can read between the lines with that GON interview and also what I've heard elsewhere. Johnstone is No.1 and Sa is a dead man walking. He was playing for a move today nothing more.

If Johnstone is fit for the next game and gets the shirt O’Neill needs sacking just for that.
If that happens someone should.
Not sure O'Neil would be sacked for following his bosses instructions though.
If I was O'Neil and it was forced on me, I'd walk.

If Sam was signed as competition, fine but he wasn't.
Sa expected to leave, the club expected him to leave. Probably to Saudi.

You saw his reaction to that failing v Brighton. He wanted to be anywhere but in a Wolves shirt at that point.

If SJ was signed as competition than Bentley would be in the Arsenal squad.

Sa can often be a bomb scare, but the signing of Johnstone just gives the impression of a Club wanting to sign any available keeper just to move Sa on.

Back