• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

Korean/oriental fans around today wearing half and half scarves and taking photos of each other with the stadium in the background
This bloke puts some miles in. I swear he pops up at every ground I’m at, unless he’s cloned. Seen him at outside gigs over the years as well touting tickets.

IMG_2662.jpeg

Sa needed competition for his place as he was getting complacent. Johnstone gave him that. Sa responded with that performance today. That's what we need. Competition for places. Just need some full / wing backs who can fucking defend now.
Not a chance that SJ was signed as competition for Sa.

We wanted to sell Sa and make a quick buck, but failed.

It's not just the saves, he's better at claiming high balls/coming for crosses. He just gives more confidence to the defence as a whole*
*I know we were playing 8 atb so maybe a false impression.

I think the article is pretty much on the money really I’m not a huge fan of Liew but it’s hard to argue with his points.
He’s rightly pointed out that repairing the damage already done isn’t as simple as some think. Also pointing out that the new year is as brutal as the last few weeks.

Sa needed competition for his place as he was getting complacent. Johnstone gave him that. Sa responded with that performance today. That's what we need. Competition for places. Just need some full / wing backs who can fucking defend now.

I think with Sa it isn't complacency he's always chucked in an 8.5/10 or a 2/10 along the way. Today was his 8.5.

No amount of competition is going to prevent him chucking in a 2/10 next time out. It's just what he is.

Having now seen Johnstone, he has chucked in 2/10's but I don't have confidence that on the other end of the scale he'd get near an 8.5

Last edited:
Best league in the world? 22% possession by the home team, and 4 touches in the box compared to 85 (BBC stats). And naturally a controversial VAR decision that, obviously by now, goes in favour of the 'big' team.

Back