• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

The only things I noticed in Phillips’ blogs is that he seems to think he’s lost the players, without directly saying it.

So what are we fucking waiting for. Undoubtedly the process to replace him will be a shambles so we got Collins in charge for a few games which will make things even worse. At a time when the games are supposedly easier

This is me really you give both or give neither.
Dale Johnson trying to justify both decisions is delving into realms of turning football into science not a sport.
If you’re going into such minute detail of each one then it’s total interference which we are told wasn’t going to happen. Being offside is a simple fact the case of is he interfering with play is very subjective.
If the ref punched the ball in the net and gave the goal Dale Johnson would find a way of trying to justify the decision

I think he's right about RAN and Semedo and that the squad was never suited (particularly after Mosquera getting injured too) for 4 at the back.

You've got to be pretty entrenched at this point to think otherwise really.

If the ref punched the ball in the net and gave the goal Dale Johnson would find a way of trying to justify the decision
Yeah I thought he was quite interesting and gave a balanced view for the first few months he started to pop up on my timeline.

Then it was almost as if he believed his own hype.

I bloody love Nuno but it seems his ever lasting legacy is that fact that’ll be 2085 and we’ll still be playing a back 5 cos we ain’t got the players for a 4.
This is the issue some of you have, you keep harping back to Nuno.

It's nothing to do with Nuno, our squad is more suited to 3/5 than 4.

NOW!

The only things I noticed in Phillips’ blogs is that he seems to think he’s lost the players, without directly saying it.

So what are we fucking waiting for. Undoubtedly the process to replace him will be a shambles so we got Collins in charge for a few games which will make things even worse. At a time when the games are supposedly easier
I'm hoping they've learnt from the Collins shambles and are actually in the process of getting their ducks on a row with this so they can move fast.

I’m sorry to say I am a lot less hopeful!
I'm in a good mood this morning so got to have some hope and reading how effective 3 at the back and how it suits the players, again, when we will lost and parked the bus is just mind numbingly awful.

So hope it is 😁

The fact that we only have 3 CBs and 2 of them are a similar pace to prime Laurie Madden would suggest it’s not quite that cut and dried.
Surely that's another reason why we shouldn't be playing 4 at the back 🤔

On PPG we'll end up with about 6 for the season carrying on with 4. So surely one point before yesterday playing with 4 suggests that we shouldn't continue doing the same thing over and over again too doesn't it?

Our best defensive performance of the season was yesterday, Semedo's best attacking performance of the season was yesterday, we scored a goal from counter attacking yesterday. All against the best side in the land.

But ok, JP is wrong, I'm wrong, the majority of Wolves fans are wrong.

You J75, DW, TT and Dave Jones are all right, it's nothing at all to do with formation.

Surely that's another reason why we shouldn't be playing 4 at the back 🤔

On PPG we'll end up with about 6 for the season carrying on with 4. So surely one point before yesterday playing with 4 suggests that we shouldn't continue doing the same thing over and over again too doesn't it?

Our best defensive performance of the season was yesterday, Semedo's best attacking performance of the season was yesterday, we scored a goal from counter attacking yesterday. All against the best side in the land.

But ok, JP is wrong, I'm wrong, the majority of Wolves fans are wrong.

You J75, DW, TT and Dave Jones are all right, it's nothing at all to do with formation.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love it when people go so far up their own arseholes they think they speak for the people with confidence.

Albeit from a position of complete footballing ignorance.

The same schtick Brexiteers and the Fagash Fuhrer use.

We sit bottom of the table with 1 point, but I'm getting the Keys and Laughing responses from the usual suspects for saying that maybe our formation doesn't actually work :ROFLMAO:

We sit bottom of the table with 1 point, but I'm getting the Keys and Laughing responses from the usual suspects for saying that maybe our formation doesn't actually work :ROFLMAO:
You keep saying the same shite over and over.

We lose with 3 or 4 at the back. We've probably lost more games with 3 than 4. It's nothing to do with formation, it's the fucking bellend in the dugout.

You keep saying the same shite over and over.

We lose with 3 or 4 at the back. It's nothing to do with formation, it's the fucking bellend in the dugout.
Why is it shite?

And as I keep saying, it can be more than one thing!?

With or without GON with this squad we improve our chances of gaining points playing 3 at the back.

*We have more aerial ability
*RAN and Semedo who are excellent ball carriers have more freedom/are covered when they get forward, evidence yesterday
*It suits Cunha better
*As every side will now be attacking us as we're the underdog in every bloody game now, a low block and counter attacking suits us more.

Another point, why are we just letting Silva push Sa about? We should have had a player back with him to prevent that happening. Basics that is.

Back