• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

Er. I think you will find it is you being contrary. The last time I saw such contrariness on here it was followed by a bland pasta recipe.

What exactly have I done wrong?

I've voiced my opinion, I've backed up why that's my opinion.

I haven't been abusive, sarcastic or aggressive.
No you have done a repeating process of "arguing" shit by a bit of "ooh I am the victim" which goes on for fucking days and ruins any chance for the forum being readable.

Bar that, blameless

I’m dizzy.

Forgot what the actual debate is? Is it solely what is better for us, 4 or 5 at the back with our current players?

No you have done a repeating process of "arguing" shit by a bit of "ooh I am the victim" which goes on for fucking days and ruins any chance for the forum being readable.

Bar that, blameless
Where have I claimed to be a victim?

This is a forum for discussing Wolves isn't it?

It seems that if someone argues an alternative view (and hardly a controversial one!), they are deemed a troll or "arguing shit".

I haven't been abusive or aggressive I'm not bullying anyone or "piling on". If you want to see "ooh I am the victim" have a little look at J75's initial response to Langers.

So what have I done wrong Paddy?

Last edited:
I’m dizzy.

Forgot what the actual debate is? Is it solely what is better for us, 4 or 5 at the back with our current players?
No, because most players on here aren't simpletons who think such a binary question is relevant but when this is pointed out aerial duels become important.

Or something like that.

Oh behave. If you cant see the problem you are part of it.
It's an internet forum. There's going to be long running arguments, debates, and entrenched views now and again. It's how you go about posting those views that is important. I couldn't care less which side of the argument people fall on.

Yep, I thought so.
I’d be more leaning towards a 5, personally as things are currently. However it’s more down to a coaching thing, rather than a player thing.

A back 5 does make us abit more secure and allows semedo and ran to push on a lot more and for us not to be as stretched. Aware we still weren’t solid defensively last year with a 5, far from it. But last few months we had kids up top which impacted it, and I think we would fair better if an actual focal point now.

That being said, I refuse to believe a premier league team can’t play a back 4. Yes, we have been wide open and end to end etc, but a back four doesn’t have to be played that way. The fact we have no pace at centre back doesn’t mean you still can’t play a back 4, you just don’t want them sat on the half way line. Like you wouldn’t play Messi as a target man, for example.

It’s more the way we have set up with a back 4 IMV and if you had either a back 5 or out current incarnation of a back 4, I’d be going back 5.

I’d just prefer a back four where we aren’t as open and chaotic, which surely is a possibility. That, is on GoN with how he ‘wants’ them to play.

On yesterday Martin Keown is the ultimate village idiot. In regards to yesterday “it’s a goal and I don’t think there’s a big club bias or conspiracy”
Next “Howard Webb interferes with the decision on Saturday”

I have no idea whether or not GO has encouraged RAN to push forward so much when playing in a back four leaving acres of space behind him but I do know that his strength is getting forward and we look more solid with Toti giving some cover. The problem I see with 3CHs is it leaves Sarabia, Forbs, Bellegarde and Rodrigo with no role to play in the starting XI. The whole thing is a clusterfuck and the only thing I know is that there is absolutely no evidence from the last half season of games to suggest GO is the man to sort it out.

It's an internet forum. There's going to be long running arguments, debates, and entrenched views now and again. It's how you go about posting those views that is important. I couldn't care less which side of the argument people fall on.
unless its sexism of course. i was a mod when you were in internet short trousers on here so spare the lecture

I have no idea whether or not GO has encouraged RAN to push forward so much when playing in a back four leaving acres of space behind him but I do know that his strength is getting forward and we look more solid with Toti giving some cover. The problem I see with 3CHs is it leaves Sarabia, Forbs, Bellegarde and Rodrigo with no role to play in the starting XI. The whole thing is a clusterfuck and the only thing I know is that there is absolutely no evidence from the last half season of games to suggest GO is the man to sort it out.
Totally agree that the squad is so heavily weighted to playing four at the back, simply with numbers we have in all positions.

I go back to it again, it’s unfathomable for any professional football to be ‘unable’ to play a back four and be as open as we have been

Robertson, Porto, TAA all worse defenders than RAN and they play in a 4 too.

It's most certainly a coaching decision on what RAN and Semedo do.

Playing 3 center halves up until January (at least) is unsustainable purely because we only have 3 fit first team centre halves at the club.

We'll be incredibly lucky if we manage to get all the way through without at least 1 injury or suspension.

There will have to be occasions where we play only 2 of Dawson/Toti/Bueno so O'Neil better find a way to make it work.

Robertson, Porto, TAA all worse defenders than RAN and they play in a 4 too.

It's most certainly a coaching decision on what RAN and Semedo do.
Yep, that’s where I’m at. Aware the players you’ve mentioned play for bigger and better teams etc who aren’t required to do as much defending, but if you are required to do more defending, you don’t have them bombing on as much, or at the very least you cover them

Back