• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

Playing 3 center halves up until January (at least) is unsustainable purely because we only have 3 fit first team centre halves at the club.

We'll be incredibly lucky if we manage to get all the way through without at least 1 injury or suspension.

There will have to be occasions where we play only 2 of Dawson/Toti/Bueno so O'Neil better find a way to make it work.
Is it toti and semedo who are both 1 booking away from a ban already?

I'm guessing you weren't as arrogant or so condescendingly righteous back then so could handle the role.
Really? REALLY

You pathetic little man. I spent most of the time arguing that a blatant sexist like you shouldn't be anywhere near a moderation role. And you know what, when the changes last came I volunteered to step down because I felt my personal situation meant I was a poorer moderator than I should have been. Because I was big enough to recognise personal shortcomings

It's an internet forum. There's going to be long running arguments, debates, and entrenched views now and again. It's how you go about posting those views that is important. I couldn't care less which side of the argument people fall on.
That's fair and it would be dull if everyone just back slapped and agreed. It needs to be recognised though that although I believe EPs opinions are genuine the way he expresses them can be a fishing expedition. See the paragraph he quoted me on earlier ignoring all the context in those leading up to it as an example. He's a bright guy so deliberately misconstrues or ignores counter points to his view, notably on formations. I guess that's a backhanded compliment

Really? REALLY

You pathetic little man. I spent most of the time arguing that a blatant sexist like you shouldn't be anywhere near a moderation role. And you know what, when the changes last came I volunteered to step down because I felt my personal situation meant I was a poorer moderator than I should have been. Because I was big enough to recognise personal shortcomings
Good for you. I just wish you could show some of that clarity of thought towards yourself nowadays too, instead of feeling the need to constantly act morally superior and negatively label people you disagree with in an a aggressive manner.

Any way, this circular argument (see what I did there) has taken us off topic again so I'll not comment any further. Apologies to those having to read it.

Is that the best you can do? Good lord.

Do something useful like counting female posters

im not aggressively calling you a sexist. i am factually doing it.

My last point on this topic being offended by something said is natural human reaction.
It therefore isn’t for others to decide on whether they should or shouldn’t offend them everyone is different so needs respecting.
Comments like “you need thicker skin” shouldn’t be thrown around at posters.

We have the players to play a Xabi Alonso style 3-4-3.

We also have the players to play a Klopp style 4-3-3

It isn't the formation it's the moron in the dugout.

Wanging on about aerial duals is just silly. The rest is just your opinion and employing Dyche tactics won't work with these players, they're much better than you are giving them credit for.

A proper manager/ head coach sorts us out easily as the quality is there.

Factually perfect.

That's fair and it would be dull if everyone just back slapped and agreed. It needs to be recognised though that although I believe EPs opinions are genuine the way he expresses them can be a fishing expedition. See the paragraph he quoted me on earlier ignoring all the context in those leading up to it as an example. He's a bright guy so deliberately misconstrues or ignores counter points to his view, notably on formations. I guess that's a backhanded compliment
I can assure you I do not conciously post to WUM or troll, yes I'll argue my point if I believe in it. Just like anyone else does.

But I take no pleasure in getting abused or ridiculed for my view at all, I'd much rather have a conversation like you and I have this morning or how Carsy has.

I don't believe I am abusive, I don't call people "simpletons", I certainly don't intend to patronise anyone, I don't react with aggression despite that coming my way quite often.

This morning I quoted the part of your post I agreed with, that's far from fishing?

I believe I'm misconstrued to be honest. Note how the Andre heading stats observation has become a focus of ridicule. Where all I did was point out that I thought it was odd one of our CMs hasn't attempted a header this season, i was told neither did Moutinho, but he did - big lols.

Yet a comment that Andre is a "playmaker" went completely reaction free.

Also this morning I suggested we should have put a player on Silva on the corners to protect Sa - that apparently was wrong too. Really?

Oh and pointing out these little moments will of course bring a reaction of "I'm playing the victim" or that i am "thin skinned" i simply find it interesting how who the poster is has a huge impact on the nature of the response rather than what they are saying.

Last edited:
I can assure you I do not conciously post to WUM or troll, yes I'll argue my point if I believe in it. Just like anyone else does.

But I take no pleasure in getting abused or ridiculed for my view at all, I'd much rather have a conversation like you and I have this morning or how Carsy has.

I don't believe I am abusive, I don't call people "simpletons", I certainly don't intend to patronise anyone, I don't react with aggression despite that coming my way quite often.

This morning I quoted the part of your post I agreed with, that's far from fishing?

I believe I'm misconstrued to be honest. Note how the Andre heading stats observation has become a focus of ridicule. Where all I did was point out that I thought it was odd one of our CMs hasn't attempted a header this season, i was told neither did Moutinho, but he did - big lols.

Yet a comment that Andre is a "playmaker" went completely reaction free.

Also this morning I suggested we should have put a player on Silva on the corners to protect Sa - that apparently was wrong too. Really?

Oh and pointing out these little moments will of course bring a reaction of "I'm playing the victim" I simply find it interesting how who the poster is has a huge impact on the nature of the response rather than what they are saying
im just going to take one point there. i mentioned it earlier. the man on silva touches him. silva falls over. penalty.

what then?

I can only tell you how it comes across to me, the same way as another poster continually calls me snide and smug, that's his reality.

Back