• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

It definitely is a bit weird.

View attachment 11984

If he's properly set then he saves that. He's not set because of the player in front of him, who shouldn't be allowed to a) arguably foul him and b) remain in an offside position, two yards from goal.
That bellend Stephen Warnock said on Sky today that players are allowed to barge the keeper and that when Stones headed the ball the barging had finished therefore Silva wasn't interfering. Dermot Gallagher, the referees bitch, agreed with him.

Fucking morons the pair of them. That goal didn't get given the other way round.

Sue Smith said a foul is a foul and Silva stopped Sa being set.

I can live with it not being offside or it not being given as a foul, I don't think it's the former and the latter would be soft, although often given. The bit I still can't accept is the potential foul not being shown to the ref.

I know Silva isn't offside at that point and also that's not what the goal is originally ruled out for. He was standing where he was for a reason though, he wasn't just being gormless like Chirewa, surely that context is crucial? If he still gives the goal after seeing that then ok, but he isn't shown it.

When Webb does the video with Owen lobbing a few soft questions at him, he'll show the difference between the 2 goals and pompously pronounce it as being the correct decision, without addressing the wider situation.

View attachment 11984

If he's properly set then he saves that.
I don’t think he does but it doesn’t really matter.
He's not set because of the player in front of him, who shouldn't be allowed to a) arguably foul him and b) remain in an offside position, two yards from goal.
But this is fair. But the rules as they are then they are going to give it.

I can live with it not being offside or it not being given as a foul, I don't think it's the former and the latter would be soft, although often given. The bit I still can't accept is the potential foul not being shown to the ref.

I know Silva isn't offside at that point and also that's not what the goal is originally ruled out for. He was standing where he was for a reason though, he wasn't just being gormless like Chirewa, surely that context is crucial? If he still gives the goal after seeing that then ok, but he isn't shown it.

When Webb does the video with Owen lobbing a few soft questions at him, he'll show the difference between the 2 goals and pompously pronounce it as being the correct decision, without addressing the wider situation.
It's definitely a foul, you just can't barge the keeper.

It's been that way for years.

That twat Cavanagh gave the goal in the first place though so he didn't think anything was wrong. Especially with his City bias fully strapped to his eyeballs

The standard of officiating in this country is tragically poor.

View attachment 11984

If he's properly set then he saves that. He's not set because of the player in front of him, who shouldn't be allowed to a) arguably foul him and b) remain in an offside position, two yards from goal.
6 City players there.
9 outfield Wolves players.

We really should have someone on Silva to stop him pissing about with Sa.

The ref should take into account context. A defender and forward jostling are both trying to win the ball, Silva was purely there to obstruct Sa and had absolutely no intention of trying to play the ball. It had been happening all game, most notably at the corner immediately before the one they scored from.

I'd like to see our players backing into and jostling the goalkeeper at every opportunity from now on. Dare the officials to call fouls. If the refs can't/don't enforce rules consistently then we should be exploiting it. Find the limits. You can bet the opposition will.

I'd like to see our players backing into and jostling the goalkeeper at every opportunity from now on. Dare the officials to call fouls. If the refs can't/don't enforce rules consistently then we should be exploiting it. Find the limits. You can bet the opposition will.
But they will call it against us.

Back