• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously but Richard Keyes has been reported as blasting Kavanagh for his 'shocking decision' in the build up to City's match winner.

"There's a glaring foul as Wolves build towards City's goal in the 93rd minute. Nunes fouls Guedes - tackles him from behind - catches him and brings him down.
If Wolves get that free-kick, they keep the ball and get a point. Chris Kavanagh waves play on. It was a shocking decision."

It was from the next passage of play that led to City's controversial winner.
It's clearly not the next passage of play. They had 4 or 5 corners before they scored

If we had got the free kick as we should have then the next few minutes would have looked different to how they did. Perhaps the 4 corners wouldn't have happened, we may have even scored from the free kick rather than end up chasing City back to the other end as they countered us

If we had got the free kick as we should have then the next few minutes would have looked different to how they did. Perhaps the 4 corners wouldn't have happened, we may have even scored from the free kick rather than end up chasing City back to the other end as they countered us
We arguably over committed for that attack too, we left Dawson a bit exposed, he was 1 v 1 with Haaland.

However Guedes was fouled, so can't blame anyone other than the ref for that particular moment.

I'm still not sure it is a foul, it looks like the Rat is about to push Guedes with both hands but I don't think he does in the end. He wins the ball with possibly the only good tackle I've ever seen him make (albeit it's the kind of stuff that Lemina and J Gomes get pulled up unfairly for all the time).

Guedes dallied too long on the ball, he could have played it wide, he could have played it towards the corner flag (or run that way himself), he could have had a potshot, instead he just dawdled on the ball and lost it. He shouldn't be getting any minutes, he's crap.

I'm still not sure it is a foul, it looks like the Rat is about to push Guedes with both hands but I don't think he does in the end. He wins the ball with possibly the only good tackle I've ever seen him make (albeit it's the kind of stuff that Lemina and J Gomes get pulled up unfairly for all the time).
This is the bit for me. I've not seen it back since the time and also thought he won the ball, but let's say City were a goal clear looking to manage the game out, it undoubtedly gets given and I hate that sort of playing the victim stuff.

Yep. There were numerous tackles similar to that given against us.

That Kovacic one that ended up getting Joao booked, Lemina definitely didn't touch him.

I think it was Murphy that mentioned it on MOTD, but we don't moan enough anymore.

Why weren't Dawson, Sa, Lemina etc all in the ref's face after the Silva incident? City would have been, just look at the penalty they got from RAN last season (another fucking disgrace) we've gone from moaning too much with Neves as leader, to being too passive with refs with Kilman and Lemina.

Probably because the refs will book our players and use that law they made up when they sent off Lemina and then proceeded to use it for 1 more week to say "see, it's a real thing"

Probably because the refs will book our players and use that law they made up when they sent off Lemina and then proceeded to use it for 1 more week to say "see, it's a real thing"
That's a bit "woe is me" bit of surprise from you?

And now I am remembering the confusion at the RAN penalty at the Etihad and the Joao "handball" and the Boly red card.

Fuck me they have really fucked us hard.

I guess Boly punched it in that once, but that was years ago now.

And now I am remembering the confusion at the RAN penalty at the Etihad and the Joao "handball" and the Boly red card.

I'll maintain forever that it's not a penalty when Mahrez goes over in the 3-2 win at Molineux either.

(It was Coady's own fault that it got retaken after Rui saved it though)

Hwang probably shouldn't have been on the pitch before scoring last year.

Tbf he probably shouldn't ever be on the pitch

I'll maintain forever that it's not a penalty when Mahrez goes over in the 3-2 win at Molineux either.

(It was Coady's own fault that it got retaken after Rui saved it though)
No evidence to prove it, but I still think that contributed to Martin Atkinson retiring. They weren't doing screens that season and the look on his face when VAR gave it was one of a man that thought fuck this. He knew what had happened.

Was there a really soft handball at City from Kilman too? They changed the handball laws after that.

Edit:no I'm thinking of away at Leicester

No evidence to prove it, but I still think that contributed to Martin Atkinson retiring. They weren't doing screens that season and the look on his face when VAR gave it was one of a man that thought fuck this. He knew what had happened.
Yeah I watched that the other day (Shi propaganda) and he did look really fed up.

The Moutinho handball is incredible. How can you possibly get that wrong, and yet they still managed.

Agree with Dan, it’s a dive from Mahrez against Donck

That dive was the point at which I fell out with modern football. Sat their miserable for the rest of the game even when we scored the winner I was unhappy.

Back