• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

Bernado Silva is a fucking cheat.

As has been said Silva had been running into and pushing Sa all game, but the ref team didn't do anything about it.
For their second goal he backed into Sa, impacting him considerably, and IMO that threw Sa off balance and obviously taking his concentration away from the game. Offside is not the issue, it was interfering with the goalkeeper.
I'm amazed there seems to be no photo of it.

Bernado Silva is a fucking cheat, and thanks to the officials, he unbelievably got away with it.

(repeated from relegation thread)

Given how keepers get protected and that Sa had been given a free kick for Silva antics in the first half, had Sa gone down for the goal we'd probably have got a point?

I don't think cheat is a fair characterisation, otherwise anyone that deliberately fouls someone is. Personally I think there's a higher bar for that word. If you think he's fouling Sa then that's for the referee to sort
You're entitled to your opinion, but IMO anyone who deliberately fouls someone repeatedly during the game is a cheat.
I agree the ref should have sorted it, but he didn't, so what does that say about him?

I geniunely dont think Silva is a cheat at all. He has clearly been given instruction by Pep to take that role at the set piece, because Pep has presumably identified a weakness in referee interpretation that can be exploited to the advantage of his team. That's actually good management and tactics, much as it fucking ANNOYS ME!

My problem is not with either of those two players in the scene we saw play out. It is in consistency of refereeing interpretation when contrasted with our disallowed goal. It is what it is, I guess.

It’s fair to say that most of City’s players are cheats in a very snide and sneaky manner. They are a great team who are throughly dislikeable in their behaviour on the pitch.
Exactly. That includes Bernado Silva.

For their second goal he backed into Sa, impacting him considerably, and IMO that threw Sa off balance and obviously taking his concentration away from the game. Offside is not the issue, it was interfering with the goalkeeper.
Yes. Done to disrupt the goalkeepers attention. Worked a treat.

You're entitled to your opinion, but IMO anyone who deliberately fouls someone repeatedly during the game is a cheat.
I agree the ref should have sorted it, but he didn't, so what does that say about him?
What's your view on Joao Moutinho?

Gamesmanship or cheating its a fine line.
These guys are professionals, they make a living bending the rules to gain an advantage.
To me the problem is the offside rule. Silva was offside and interfering with play. Old school. But it made sense to me.
As it currently stands the goal counts imo.

Back