• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

If you want a show of hands on here to see who’d happily see us go down to get rid of him it wouldn’t take you very long at all to count them. People want him gone so we stop losing games of football and actually stay up. Of course people want him gone because he’s taking us down, it’s hardly ‘at any cost’.
Think you are agreeing with me actually.

My issue with him has always been that you never know what you're getting. Could be great, could be awful. He's let in some incredibly appalling goals in his time here, even in his "good" season. Like even then, he literally punched a cross in his own net twice.

But Johnstone has just been crap all round so far.

We could of course sign a good, reliable keeper but no, we can't have that. The only saving grace is that we didn't spend double on Ramsdale (dreadful) instead of Johnstone.
If we did that it would be one less thing to bent out of shape about though!

I will grab some screenshots during half time of this "let's give Liverpool penalties" game and show you what I'm talking about.
Here's a couple of examples from the first half. I will come back to the second half later when my TV feels like streaming properly!

These are more team problems than just Semedo... but they illustrate how we fail to close the space where City players like to run...

First three ... 5 mins apart... and this happened time and time again for the little pass around the back because we allowed far too much space ...and Semedo never checked where Doku was until it was passed to him.

20241020_123028L.jpg
20241020_123006L.jpg20241020_122909L.jpg

Not saying that it is. But it seems that way from some of the posts.
I don’t agree then in that case. I certainly don’t want us losing, I’d be more than happy if he actually turned thing round and won every game from now until the end of the season. I’m sure everybody would. All people want is him gone, if there are people who would be happy to lose games to see him sacked that’s just weird. I wanted Lage gone as much as Doosh (honestly) but I still hated losing.

I wanted Lage gone as much as Doosh (honestly) but I still hated losing.
If you could have guaranteed me "lose against West Ham and the stupid fucking wanker will 100% go" then I'd have taken it.

As I didn't have that guarantee then of course I didn't want us to lose. Of course as soon as we went 1-0 down I knew we had lost.

If you could have guaranteed me "lose against West Ham and the stupid fucking wanker will 100% go" then I'd have taken it.

As I didn't have that guarantee then of course I didn't want us to lose. Of course as soon as we went 1-0 down I knew we had lost.
I want someone at the club to actually see what’s going on and fucking react, the last third of Lage’s first season told you all you needed to know, he was shit and we were in trouble. I know he had his defenders (utterly bizarrely) but why oh why can’t the club just appoint someone who knows football so they can think “hang on, we’re pretty shit we are” and fire the fucking manager? I’d prefer that over losing a hundred times out of a hundred.

But yeah, one nil down under Lage was always game over.

We can cry about this one and last season but the fact of the matter is concentrate for 96 minutes not 90.

Kavanagh was appalling throughout.
and we’re supposedly led to believe that being from Ashton-under-Lyne he supports Droylsden 🤔 Who the fuck going up in Greater Manchester supports Droylsden?

Last edited:
So back to Semedo being an utterly wank defender... numerous examples of him standing off the attacker, failing to stop crosses and generally being a defensive liability.

And I could post more than these 10 examples... laugh all you like. He's shit with the occasional good thing.
20241020_131158.jpg20241020_131702.jpg20241020_131819.jpg20241020_131837.jpg20241020_131953.jpg20241020_132110.jpg20241020_132123.jpg20241020_132331.jpg20241020_132258.jpg20241020_132210.jpg

And more... first 3 mins of second half, 3 x crosses allowed in.... he's shit...admit it! ;)

20241020_131111.jpg 20241020_130926.jpg

What the dickens are you on about? Just watch the actual match and literally see him doing what you categorically say he didn’t. Throughout the match. Stop showing stills of players standing in perfectly normal positions, it’s absurd.

Back