• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

The only people agreeing with the ref, are those who are happy for Wolves to Lose.

I am sat with supporters of many teams all agreeing it was a joke including Everton, Palace, and Saints fans
You’ve got the Magic Schoolbus of bars, you know that

That is not what was said. Sa was unbalanced as a result of the backing in. So they both agreed the goal should not stand. I agree with them.
That's just a matter of opinion isn't it?

The fact is that Kavanagh only penalised Silve once in the game for backing into Sa at corners and that is when he stood on his foot. He didn't penalise him at any other time so, in his opinion, there was no foul committed and VAR agreed with that as they didn't ask him to look at it.

Meanwhile, everyone can have an opinion but the only thing that matters is what the referee and VAR made of it.

Then neither or your mates are paying attention. There's two questions:

Is it a foul? Maybe. Soft but there's a case for it.

Is it offside? He doesn't attempt the play the ball, and the keeper has a clear line of sight. It's very different to the kilman goal, where the kid is on Fabianski's toes in a direct line between him and kilman
Your one of a Number on here who want Us to.lose to see O'Neil gone.

Its happened so often cunts would rather see Wolves lose and be right than Wolves win and be Wrong

If rather than discussing the point you want to throw nonsense around that's fine, but I'm here to talk about football so I'll leave you to it

If rather than discussing the point you want to throw nonsense around that's fine, but I'm here to talk about football so I'll leave you to it
The Magic Schoolbus is *not* nonsense 😤

FUck me a Septic, fuck off and Watch GRID iron leave Football to the rest of the world
It’s good that you capitalized the most important aspect of the sport.

I’m just poking, I didn’t expect anyone here to even know who Mrs. Frizzle is!

The fact is that Kavanagh only penalised Silve once in the game for backing into Sa at corners and that is when he stood on his foot. He didn't penalise him at any other time so, in his opinion, there was no foul committed and VAR agreed with that as they didn't ask him to look at it.

Meanwhile, everyone can have an opinion but the only thing that matters is what the referee and VAR made of it.
Officials absolved, now we can get on to laying into Semedo. Vamos!

None of this changes the fact we literally gave up for 85+ minutes. Our only tactic was to defend and boot the ball out of play on our left hand side. I can’t even be bothered enough to angry.

No VAR in the championship though so these threads will be different.

Officials absolved, now we can get on to laying into Semedo. Vamos!
OK...let's talk about Semedo.

Did brilliantly on the cross for the goal. Did really well to take the ball on the run on the 1v1 and then took a slight shove to knock him off balance for the shot. I'm OK with that.

What I'm not OK with is his defending. For some reason Doku refused to take him on first half but he was allowed far too much space time and time again. OK. being generous, Semedo is told to come tighter in the back and leave that space but Semedo isn't watching Doku's movement. Second half, Pep changed things and every single time Semedo was beaten or stood off his opponent. It was exactly the same when Grealish came on and the amount of space Semedo gave him was criminal.

Then, we saw Semedo make a forward run with about 15 mins to go and when the ball worked it's way close to him in a 50:50, he bottled it and then proceeded to take his time getting back.

So, yeah, I will lay into Semedo for not doing the basics of defending. Nothing fucking changes with him in that regard though and for an experienced international full back, he should be a whole sight better defensively. And, we'll not talk about his usual trick of receiving the ball in a promising position and immediately turning backwards in most of our other games.

That's my opinion. This is a forum. Disagree all you like.

Kavanagh was appalling throughout. The Gomes booking was incredible. Kovacic runs at him like a rutting stag and he gets booked.

Absolutely every 50/50 call given City's way and not a single foul given to Strand Larsen when Stones or Dias were battering him.

It is my opinion. The decision is wrong. We have been on the end of too many bad decisions for 18 months or so.

OK...let's talk about Semedo.

Did brilliantly on the cross for the goal. Did really well to take the ball on the run on the 1v1 and then took a slight shove to knock him off balance for the shot. I'm OK with that.

What I'm not OK with is his defending. For some reason Doku refused to take him on first half but he was allowed far too much space time and time again. OK. being generous, Semedo is told to come tighter in the back and leave that space but Semedo isn't watching Doku's movement. Second half, Pep changed things and every single time Semedo was beaten or stood off his opponent. It was exactly the same when Grealish came on and the amount of space Semedo gave him was criminal.

Then, we saw Semedo make a forward run with about 15 mins to go and when the ball worked it's way close to him in a 50:50, he bottled it and then proceeded to take his time getting back.

So, yeah, I will lay into Semedo for not doing the basics of defending. Nothing fucking changes with him in that regard though and for an experienced international full back, he should be a whole sight better defensively. And, we'll not talk about his usual trick of receiving the ball in a promising position and immediately turning backwards in most of our other games.

That's my opinion. This is a forum. Disagree all you like.
It's an opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it but are you seeing a different player to pretty much every one else on this forum.
The reason Doku wouldn't go past him is because he didn't think he could. Semedo has been poor often this season and rightly got criticised. Semedo was fine in this game, that's my opinion. Disagree all you like.

Kavanagh was appalling throughout. The Gomes booking was incredible. Kovacic runs at him like a rutting stag and he gets booked.

Absolutely every 50/50 call given City's way and not a single foul given to Strand Larsen when Stones or Dias were battering him.
I think Gomes was angry at the original free kick decision, the following nonsense and also pretty much every time during the game he tried to bring the ball out of defence, multiple City players were clipping him, pulling at him and generally fouling him but he didn't get one decision.

Back