• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

Ref was annoying, but also the sub lino.

Two offsides that were close calls that he immediately out his flag up for, one came just seconds before their equaliser, RAN was given as off but it looked tight. Everything changes if he let's that play out.

Also is there a law where Silva is allowed to have his treatment on the pitch? He got kicked in the head by Foden, that's not our problem, get him off. Exactly the kind of bullshit that seems to go for the bigger clubs.

I thought the only time play couldn't go on for treatment was if the injured player had been fouled?

They’re both in front of the keeper are we now penalising people because of how tall they’re?
They penalise it if it affects the keepers vision of the ball and therefore impacting play. The West Ham was 50:50 IMO. This one wasn't. Sa had clear sight of it at the moment the ball was headed.

Well, factually it is. Can only give it for an off the ball foul. Which IMV it isn’t
The only people agreeing with the ref, are those who are happy for Wolves to Lose.

I am sat with supporters of many teams all agreeing it was a joke including Everton, Palace, and Saints fans

Ref was annoying, but also the sub lino.

Two offsides that were close calls that he immediately out his flag up for, one came just seconds before their equaliser on RAN it looked tight. Everything changes if he let's that play out.

Also is there a law where Silva is allowed to have his treatment on the pitch?

I thought the only time play couldn't go on for treatment was if the injured player had been fouled?
Head injury

It would have been really easy to stop this from happening, make the offside rule not open to interpretation. If a player is deliberately putting themselves in an offside position their intention is to have an impact on play. Forget line of sight or interfering, just call it offside. Attacking sides will soon stop pitting players on goalkeepers.

No credit from me. There was little else we could do other than block the middle of the pitch out and stink it out. That’s because we’ve failed to develop any credible alternative pattern of play and haven’t won a game for ages. So this doesn’t help at all when it comes to next week, in fact it’s worse as he’s still there with VAR to blame but no way forward.
It’s not enough credit to move him into a different sack bracket. (Quite proud of that one)

Playing the way we did today would, for the most part, be the path forward, frankly I don’t know why we’re in a hurry to dispose of it after that.

I still think Gary is clueless about how a midfield should play regardless of the numbers or shape, and that’s not going to be a cross we can bear for long (and in truth that moment may have passed already).

As an aside, all three players who got booked today are now one booking away from a suspension. That's Semedo, Toti and Joao Gomes.

Who thinks we get that decision at old Trafford, Anfield or the etihad in a reverse situation?
This is it for me. Over the last few seasons how many controversial or "subjective" decisions have actually gone our way against the bigger clubs. And compare that to how many have gone against us against those top teams.

The only people agreeing with the ref, are those who are happy for Wolves to Lose.

I am sat with supporters of many teams all agreeing it was a joke including Everton, Palace, and Saints fans
Then neither or your mates are paying attention. There's two questions:

Is it a foul? Maybe. Soft but there's a case for it.

Is it offside? He doesn't attempt the play the ball, and the keeper has a clear line of sight. It's very different to the kilman goal, where the kid is on Fabianski's toes in a direct line between him and kilman

GaV9Y0yWIAAg17j

6lwrp2xhplg41.jpg
Please someone tell me that the VAR ref was the same guy Hobbs told to get fucked

Back