• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 Man City: Verdict Thread

Second half, Pep changed things and every single time Semedo was beaten or stood off his opponent.
Fine. Let’s discuss. So we can start with pointing out this is literally not true. I’m on my way home from the game where I sit quite near the pitch. On which, in the second half, far from being beaten or standing off “every single time” I saw him block and harry Doku until he got subbed. On various occasions several hundred people around me cheered these precise events. So, that’s a fact and you can accept it or lie.

He had a good second half, he’s not the second coming, but I don’t know what you expect when you set up to allow the opposition to run at either flank at will.

Not sure what you are trying to prove here, but if you don't think the game is always stopped with a head injury then I don't know what to say. He was bleeding. On your list though it qualifies under the 3rd bullet point
The game is stopped for a head injury, of course, but unless it's serious I don't think treatment is usually on the pitch.

It wasn't serious.

A battling display with literally three threats to their goal all game. A few observations:
1. Sa is a far better shot stopper than Johnstone. He made three really good saves, all of which Johnstone probably wouldn't have.
2. Whilst we can pack a defence and block and battle with a couple of exceptions our passing was woeful.
3. Cunha should stop trying to do too much.
4. Lemina was better than in recent games but still gives it away in dangerous areas.
5. Kavanagh was poor. Many soft decisions in favour of City, not one for us.

Fine. Let’s discuss. So we can start with pointing out this is literally not true. I’m on my way home from the game where I sit quite near the pitch. On which, in the second half, far from being beaten or standing off “every single time” I saw him block and harry Doku until he got subbed. On various occasions several hundred people around me cheered these precise events. So, that’s a fact and you can accept it or lie.

He had a good second half, he’s not the second coming, but I don’t know what you expect when you set up to allow the opposition to run at either flank at will.
I will grab some screenshots during half time of this "let's give Liverpool penalties" game and show you what I'm talking about.

The only people agreeing with the ref, are those who are happy for Wolves to Lose.

I am sat with supporters of many teams all agreeing it was a joke including Everton, Palace, and Saints fans
Unsure why I’d be happy for wolves to lose being a wolves fan. Maybe have some time sitting in the shade my friend

On Sa, I know many on here dislike him and he rightly gets pelters when he does stupid things but within 5 minutes off kick off I already felt more confident with him there than Johnstone.

Last edited:
It’s total bullshit from Dale as usual. It was pointed out to him that Fabianski had clear line of sight of the ball all the way. This is clear from the side view which he never shows of course, given fabianski is looking up at the ball and Chirewa is shorter. He dismissed this by referring to ‘peripheral’ vision which if course would apply in today’s case. So why doesn’t the twat say that now.

Secondly on interference, the review panel on Kilman stated both proximity and pre-offside contact with the keeper as relevant to the decision. So how does an independent self appointed knobhead expert called Dale fail to note this?

“Chirewa is clearly in an offside position, in the line of the goalkeeper's vision and in close proximity to the goalkeeper, which clearly impacts his decision-making. The attacker is making contact with the goalkeeper up until the ball is headed towards goal, which restricts what the goalkeeper is able to do."

It’s good that you capitalized the most important aspect of the sport.

I’m just poking, I didn’t expect anyone here to even know who Mrs. Frizzle is!
FWIW I quite like gridiron as a film.

He does have a point. I do get the impression that some want GON gone at any cost.
If you want a show of hands on here to see who’d happily see us go down to get rid of him it wouldn’t take you very long at all to count them. People want him gone so we stop losing games of football and actually stay up. Of course people want him gone because he’s taking us down, it’s hardly ‘at any cost’.

On Sa, I know many on here dislike him and he rightly gets pelters when he does stupid things but within 5 minutes off kick off I already felt more confident with him there than Johnson.
My issue with him has always been that you never know what you're getting. Could be great, could be awful. He's let in some incredibly appalling goals in his time here, even in his "good" season. Like even then, he literally punched a cross in his own net twice.

But Johnstone has just been crap all round so far.

We could of course sign a good, reliable keeper but no, we can't have that. The only saving grace is that we didn't spend double on Ramsdale (dreadful) instead of Johnstone.

He does have a point. I do get the impression that some want GON gone at any cost.
Maybe some do, but he was speaking directly to me to a point I’d made.

I would much prefer we start picking up points and there isn’t even a discussion about needing to sack or change managers

Yeah probably.

It wasn't though was it.
He's bleeding
Then with maybe with one or two exceptions you are wrong. Our position isn't one where we can give any points away. Most if not all will be gutted with that last minute loss

Back