• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Sorry, missed this. It was the right sub with the wrong execution imo he needed to be higher up the pitch, not coming deep in the Neves style role
I don't think Doyle was the right sub unless he was taking off Bellegarde and pushing RAN forward and putting Bueno on for Sarabia (who was very poor for the last 20 minutes).

Going 4-3-3 might have worked but it was one of those days yesterday.

I said on some other thread that our problem yesterday would be too confident, and fancying ourselves pre kick off, we've done bloody well lately, especially against brentford, and it was a bubble waiting to be burst.

A quick nod to hands down the worst contestants ever in the stupid HT game that no-one will ever win. If you can't kick a ball 20 yards then maybe sit this one out!.
Don’t you have to sign up at the fanzone about three hours before kick off? That’s the sort of people you’re dealing with.

Going to be a nice win for whoever does eventually stick it through the hole.

Don’t you have to sign up at the fanzone about three hours before kick off? That’s the sort of people you’re dealing with.

Going to be a nice win for whoever does eventually stick it through the hole.
@Tredman has been known to fit into category A :D

Thing is I wouldn't necessarily back Ruben Neves or James Ward-Prowse to do it, let alone Bobby from Bilston in his Ellesse trainers.

As for the tactical questions, it might boil down to Hwang and Cunha scoring 19 goals for us this season, 2 own goals, 2 from Sasa who isn't here any more and then everyone else has 14 between them.

Quite simply like if you took both Steve Bull and Andy Mutch out of our team in around 1990. We probably just wouldn't score.

Yes but at least then we had John Paskin

Oh hang on

I went to Stoke around that time with from memory Paskin and Mcloughlin as a 2 up front. We lost and didn't score

I was tempted to use McLoughlin in my post too

Fraser showed some encouraging stuff yesterday. A couple of his knock downs were impressive and he didn’t hide. The lack of experience and ability to add value right now seemed to be more apparent when he played some safe / regressive stuff when someone like Cunha or Raul of old would turn and attack.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here already but, love him as I do and allowing for the frustration of playing Brentford and losing his main allies up front, I was pretty unimpressed with Netos attitude as the second half wore on. He was having a right old strop in front of us more frequently than was OK with the game still up for grabs. No, I’m not asking for him to be benched!!

Paul McLoughlin remember him scoring 2 from about 2 yards out at Blackburn and celebrating like he’d won the cup

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on here already but, love him as I do and allowing for the frustration of playing Brentford and losing his main allies up front, I was pretty unimpressed with Netos attitude as the second half wore on. He was having a right old strop in front of us more frequently than was OK with the game still up for grabs. No, I’m not asking for him to be benched!!
This is becoming more visible. Spiers described it as similar to MGWs behaviour before he left, which is a step too far, but I see where he's coming from

Pretty sure it was a last minute minute John Parkin goal against Plymouth that convinced me to get my first season ticket in 1989. Possibly a header in front of the South Bank.

I don't think Dawson loses him as such, he just doesn't challenge, it's well within his reach if he wants to. As you say, can only assume Sa calls but I'd expect a defender of Dawson's experience to read that situation better and take matters into his own hands, he's in front of Norgaard and it's an easy clearing header for him when he's got no sight of where his keeper is actually trying to to claim from. Have the argument later but deal with the ball first.
Same as losing him isn’t it. He was marking him, ended up not marking him 🤷‍♂️

Fully on the keeper if he’s called. If he hasn’t called, then you shouldn’t be leaving it.

The only way he should take matters into his own hands when the keepers called is if he can see the situation and keeper is no where near. A corner into the middle of a 6 yard box you’d expect Sa to be there

Fraser showed some encouraging stuff yesterday. A couple of his knock downs were impressive and he didn’t hide. The lack of experience and ability to add value right now seemed to be more apparent when he played some safe / regressive stuff when someone like Cunha or Raul of old would turn and attack.

Didn’t really see to much that was encouraging from Fraser tbh. Felt he looked extremely out of his depth. Clearly not ready, but that argument of Fosun leaving us like this has been done to the death

Pretty sure it was a last minute minute John Parkin goal against Plymouth that convinced me to get my first season ticket in 1989. Possibly a header in front of the South Bank.
Portsmouth?

Edit, yes Plymouth, sorry.

Fraser was ok in very small snippets. I thought he did ok defensively more than anything else. There was one really good chance to turn and take the ball forwards just inside their half and he just automatically played it backwards.

I'll put it down to nerves and the occasion of his first significant PL minutes.

Back