• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

When someone that you know and who is a lovely person has a phone call to say his house is burnt to the ground. In 3 hours his house, all his belongings, his possesssions, his lifetime memories, and all he has worked for has gone. Along with the famillies 2 much loved dogs have died with the house. Left with nothing. Devastating. My heart goes out to the family x

That's awful, PPB :( Dunno how you'd pick yourself back up after something like that.

That's awful, PPB :( Dunno how you'd pick yourself back up after something like that.

Terrible in't it Langers. I just can't imagine. I know people will be saying to him ' Well one blessing, your wife or son was not in the house at the time ' , which yes , it is a blessing, but the heartbreak must still be enormous. They woke up this morning in a friends house, with nothing except 2 cars, their clothes on their backs, and knowing that their 2 much loved dogs must have suffered terribly.

Heartbreaking. They are in their mid 50's and have to start all over again.

I'm so sorry to hear that, that is devastating!

The dogs dying is sad, but the rest is just stuff and can be replaced even if it was their family home and is a big hassle. I assume they were insured?

The dogs dying is sad, but the rest is just stuff and can be replaced even if it was their family home and is a big hassle. I assume they were insured?

Agree with your first bit, but not the other. It's not just ' stuff ' though is it, and some things can never be replaced. I agree that house stuff can be replaced, he'll get another roof over his head but other things he can never replace. Can you imagine everything you have ever worked for, gone, in ashes. All your collections that you started as a kid, gone. Photographs, albums of them, gone. 36 years of living in the same house, working hard on that house, and garden, gone.Everything that you had at the beginning of the day, gone by the end of that day. Personal things, sentimental things, things handed down from mother to daughter, great grandfather to grandson, gone that can never be replaced.

I am sure he was insured, but to get to age 55 and have to start again! Heartbreaking. Also heartbreaking is that he was in two minds that morning whether to leave the two dogs outside in their kennels or inside the house until his wife got home to loose them out. He will never forgive himself for making that choice.

Nope. To me it's just things. Who cares if the family is okay.

The only thing I'd be gutted at losing is my snooker cue which I've had since I was 9 years old and my late father bought me. The rest can burn for all I care.

The only thing I'd be gutted at losing is my snooker cue which I've had since I was 9 years old and my late father bought me. The rest can burn for all I care.

Ok.

I will end by saying I hope it never ever happens to you, or anyone else on this forum.

Well obviously the wellbeing of your family is by far the most important, but certain possessions can be absolutely priceless. I had a massive clear out of my garage a week ago and found all kinds of things that had been 'stored' down there (long story). The thought of losing them for good is unbearable - I don't know how I'd cope. To lose such memories all at once with no hope of ever replacing them would be catastrophic.

Yes that bit in bold what I meant Sniffer.

I sometimes wonder if Mark has opened a second account and posts as The Bear.....

I often feel the same way as him about stuff. I just don't advertise it.

That's not the way I am to be honest. I do care about other people, just not reliably and often.

Today a dear friend starts chemotherapy for her cancer. She is only just turned 30, it is so cruel how this evil illness strikes.

My thoughts today are with Amy.

Amy was doing really well, but she has just taken a turn for the worse, and is back in hospital.

The escaped animals (due to the floods) from the Tbilisi Zoo that have either been shot or are missing. Wolves, Jaguars, lions, hippos, Penguins, Tigers.

Makes me extremely sad.

PBB, sorry to hear about your mate, who has lost their house and dogs. Frank, my heart goes out to your mate Amy. I hope she makes a full recovery. b3h, I am so sorry, that such a young lad has sadly passed awaY.I am sure you did him proud with your Wolves shirt, with his name on it. I feel gutted for his family and friends. Thank you for putting the link up.

Back