• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes. Despite the removal of all "assistance" Geoff has proved to be a stubborn fighter. He is still alive despite scans showing that his heart is shot. We think he has been fighting until he knows that Jean, his wife will be happy and cared for. She suffers from Alzheimer's and really has no grasp of what is happening but Sandra has managed to find her a place at a local care home with large gardens and, as a keen gardener, they are going to provide her with her own plot of land to work on as she wishes. We moved her in today, she seems so happy and told Geoff tonight what a wonderful place it is. Hopefully this will give him the peace of mind he was searching for.
Again, many thanks to you all..this place really does have some magnificent people and many that I have come to consider as friends

Bit pre-emptive to be sad about it, but couldn't think where else to put it.... Apparently John Noakes has gone missing in Majorca.

He has Alzheimers....I know it's because I'm becoming an old bastard but the entertainers from my childhood are now dead, ill or deviants

Bloody hell, Blondie is 70 years old today. Where did the years go :(

38 years ago today. Still miss me Dad lots.

38 years ago today. Still miss me Dad lots.

Can understand that PPB - 35 yrs for me though my biggest loss was my Mother & that was a lot more recent (15yrs)

Maybe that's a son/mother v daughter/father relationship issue. Plus my Dad was a fairly stern man though I have come to realise as I have got older that that was purely because he wanted the best for his children so he probably felt he needed to be like that to keep us on the 'straight & narrow'.

The few videos/pictures I have of him with the first 2 grandkids (who were all less than 2 when he died) show a much more playful side to him.

Can understand that PPB - 35 yrs for me though my biggest loss was my Mother & that was a lot more recent (15yrs)

Maybe that's a son/mother v daughter/father relationship issue. Plus my Dad was a fairly stern man though I have come to realise as I have got older that that was purely because he wanted the best for his children so he probably felt he needed to be like that to keep us on the 'straight & narrow'.

The few videos/pictures I have of him with the first 2 grandkids (who were all less than 2 when he died) show a much more playful side to him.

We never stop missing them do we Parkin.

I only have one photo of my Dad,due to a step mother from hell. I treasure that photo everyday :)

We never stop missing them do we Parkin.

I only have one photo of my Dad,due to a step mother from hell. I treasure that photo everyday :)

Have one photo of my Mum at her 80th party we arranged- which was her last birthday (was a joint family one for my eldest sons 21st) glass in hand & laughing which I cannot look at for long without !!!!!

Totally encapsulates her character

10 years for me and think about him every day.
Every time there's news of a cancer breakthrough on the telly or radio I have a little smile inside and nod approvingly !

Very sad news that two climbers were killed by lightning yesterday afternoon. These storms do look spectacular, but this is a grim warning of the danger they possess.

10 years ago today I ran to get a tube train at Euston square and just made it. The train behind had the bomber on it. Every anniversary is very difficult as you think there but for the grace of God etc etc.

10 years ago today I ran to get a tube train at Euston square and just made it. The train behind had the bomber on it. Every anniversary is very difficult as you think there but for the grace of God etc etc.

Indeed, had you been a couple of minutes later, then who knows what would have happened. So many innocent people were killed or maimed on that terrible day.

I remember walking across Waterloo Bridge that morning and hearing sirens and then seeing all the emergency services going beserk. I was walking to work just round the corner from Tavistock Square where the bus bomb was.

I thought about the London bombings today as well, but not for the same reason as I forgot it was the anniversary of them. I saw this T-Shirt on sale which is based on a Smiths lyric. But I thought it could be rather insensitive for the families of people who were on the bus that got bombed.

938_12955_w800.jpg

Jesus. That is awful. Quite offensive. What are the t-shirt makers thinking?

Back