• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Jesus. That is awful. Quite offensive. What are the t-shirt makers thinking?

The t-shirt has nothing to do with 7/7 - how is it any more offensive than the lyric it is based on? People die in tragic circumstances every minute of every day and I'm sure a trawl of google could find equally "offensive" articles for sale with a tenuous link to aforementioned tragedies.

Yeah, I guess it's more to do with the 'double decker bus that killed the both of us'.

The t-shirt has nothing to do with 7/7 - how is it any more offensive than the lyric it is based on? People die in tragic circumstances every minute of every day and I'm sure a trawl of google could find equally "offensive" articles for sale with a tenuous link to aforementioned tragedies.

What lyric? I geniunely don't get it. As someone who just missed out on 7/7 by more luck than judgement I PERSONALLY find it offensive.

The words to the song are ' If a double decker bus crashes in to us. To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die'.

Got the lyrics slightly wrong above.

The point I was trying to make is that people who aren't aware of the lyric could find it in bad taste. And even if they do know it, it's still an unfortunate reminder of a horrible terrorist act which some people could find equally distasteful.

Ultimately it's got nothing to do with the song, just the association with a terrible thing.

The point I was trying to make is that people who aren't aware of the lyric could find it in bad taste. And even if they do know it, it's still an unfortunate reminder of a horrible terrorist act which some people could find equally distasteful.

Ultimately it's got nothing to do with the song, just the association with a terrible thing.

+1

Fair point.

here's a cover of an old noseflutes album. fortunately they weren't as successful as the smiths so I doubt many tshirts were made

2uzsfg1.jpg

That wasn't offensive when they made it. That's the difference. It's offensive now but that's not their fault.

I doubt the t-shirt was made pre-7/7. It'd help if the shirt had the full lyric and not something that can be seen in the wrong way.

Anyway. Let's move on. Today of all days is the last day I need to argue this point.

That wasn't offensive when they made it. That's the difference. It's offensive now but that's not their fault.

I doubt the t-shirt was made pre-7/7. It'd help if the shirt had the full lyric and not something that can be seen in the wrong way.

Ban the song.

It wasn't a bus that killed those people...

Do you know what? I just said lets move on. Fuck it. Think what you fucking like.

10 years ago today I ran to get a tube train at Euston square and just made it. The train behind had the bomber on it. Every anniversary is very difficult as you think there but for the grace of God etc etc.

Blimey! My Mum wasn't far behind I think either on her way to work. Also had a scare on a bus. I was still in Primary School and I remember the word spreading about what happened, it was so worrying!

To one of the kindest men you could wish to meet. Thank you for the memories, the matchday drinks, for the lift home when I was stuck, for walking me to matches, and for your friendship and trusting in me . R.I.P Ian.

Can't believe it will be a year on the 12th. A year gone but never forgotten.

Back