• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Also, poker legend Dave "Devilfish" Ulliot passed away yesterday from bowel cancer. I used to love watching him on Late Night Poker back in the day.

My mates dad passed away.
I'm not sure it has hit him yet.

Looking at my mom today. She looks so old and frail.

I missed my vocation in life. I should have got a job shelling eggs.

Awwww Errol Brown's died :( . Hard to believe he was 71!! Seems only like yesterday I put on me wedge shoes and nearly broke me neck while at a Hot Chocolate concert.

R.I.P You Sexy Thing.

Our new routine began last week - when the kids leave to go to their mums, it's very tough. They've just left mine for the 2nd time. Horrible seeing them upset - and although I'm currently feeling absolutely fine after a very difficult first 'handover' last Sunday (when I wasn't), it'll take them some getting used to.

I know they'll be fine once they're there and everything and I take comfort from that - but it's impossible not to feel awful for the poor little things who are totally blameless in what's happened.

Dunno what the little sod will miss more - me or the Xbox One!

Our new routine began last week - when the kids leave to go to their mums, it's very tough. They've just left mine for the 2nd time. Horrible seeing them upset - and although I'm currently feeling absolutely fine after a very difficult first 'handover' last Sunday (when I wasn't), it'll take them some getting used to.

I know they'll be fine once they're there and everything and I take comfort from that - but it's impossible not to feel awful for the poor little things who are totally blameless in what's happened.

Bit of a different situation from yours Langers, but hubby used to get to see his 3 little girls every Saturday , from 10 until 5. They would be in tears on the way home and a quiet hubby every Saturday evening. But, they do adapt, they do get on with it, and in time it becomes the norm. They finally agreed to meet me one Christmas, after 14 years. All 4 of us now get on great, and I look upon them as great friends, and 3 gorgeous gals :)

It will get easier Langers.

Today a dear friend starts chemotherapy for her cancer. She is only just turned 30, it is so cruel how this evil illness strikes.

My thoughts today are with Amy.

Today a dear friend starts chemotherapy for her cancer. She is only just turned 30, it is so cruel how this evil illness strikes.

My thoughts today are with Amy.

So sorry to hear that Frankie. Thinking that you may have this truly awful illness is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to actually be told that you do have it.

All the very best to Amy with her treatment.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/12/last-male-northern-white-rhino

Today, immense love is invested in rhinos, yet they are being slaughtered in ever greater numbers. The northern white rhino is the rarest species of African rhino. There are far greater numbers of southern white rhinos and black rhinos. But the demand in Asian countries such as Vietnam for rhino horn as a traditional medicine believed to cure everything from flu to cancer is fuelling a boom in poaching. From 2007, when just 13 rhinos were killed by poachers in South Africa, the killings have grown horrifically. Last year 1,215 rhinos were slaughtered for their horns in South Africa.

Learning that a couple of close family members are moving away from Wolverhampton and the West Midlands. My ties to these areas are getting less and less.

Not sure how old your kids are Langers, but mine where 6 and 4 at the same point in their lives. I wasn't until No1 son was 16 that i understood what his problems were.

You can't think it out, you can't anticipate, all you can do is deal with any or whatever fall out there is when it arises.

From what i read from you, you are the man who will deal with each issue as it arises with aplomb.

Don't overthink it, It's patently obvious that you have the power and the style to deal with it, love the new lady, let her help, listen to what she says even though they are YOUR kids and it will be fine.

Kids are actually resilient little fuckers, well, weren't we?

Hearing today that a work colleague (aged 51) has been diagnosed with lung cancer

Nobody wants anything starting with the 'c' word, but that's really not the one to get

Discussing the upcoming UK pension pay outs and what to do with them.

Where did all those years go :( :(

They have flown by :(

Hearing today that a work colleague (aged 51) has been diagnosed with lung cancer

Nobody wants anything starting with the 'c' word, but that's really not the one to get

Two friends of ours are currently being treated for the "C" word. One is very poorly, and it is fair to say we are very upset about the situation, which does not look well.

My father in law continues to linger on with this terrible illness. No one should have to suffer what this lovely man is having to suffer. Breaks my bloody heart.

That would be a tragic historical loss that would sadden me greatly. Utter bastards.

Back