• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Thank you Gents. It still hasn't sunk in. This has devastated me.

That is truly awful news. How sad. I agree with Kenny's post about him dying in the colours of his beloved Leicester, on reflection, his family may take some comfort from that

Awful news David. On the bit in bold, its something that will, overtime, help those close to him cope with his passing away and hopefully provide comfort in times of reflection.

Thank you for that. This morning Terry's parents said they thought it would be nice if Terry was buried in his Leicester shirt. I said I thought it would be a fitting tribute, but then thought it might be a little insensitive. So I have stepped back, and let his family make the final decision.

Really sorry to hear this David - though we all go at some point and if I do so at a match then there are worse ways to leave

As one test result comes back as OK, the other lot doesn't. Looks like I may be taking after my Sister and having to stab me fucking self with Insulin in the very near future.

As one test result comes back as OK, the other lot doesn't. Looks like I may be taking after my Sister and having to stab me fucking self with Insulin in the very near future.

Not the end of the World. Both my parents are diabetic, and they are managing ok. You just have to be careful what you eat and make sure you never leave the house without a soft drink or juice. Is it type 1 or 2?

Not the end of the World. Both my parents are diabetic, and they are managing ok. You just have to be careful what you eat and make sure you never leave the house without a soft drink or juice. Is it type 1 or 2?

I'm hoping its not gonna come to Insulin, its just the first thing I think of, just got a feeling im gonna be following in my sisters footsteps DDW. My blood tests levels are way way high (knew something was up tbh) and not coming down sufficiently. I know its not the end of the world, but it just makes me feel a bit sad .

Agree with DDW. My dad was diagnosed in the early 80's. He's been insulin dependent since then. Only hiccup was when he has his heart scares & coma.

Watch your diet, keep exercising, and have regular meals & it won't have a big impact.

Not any great afficionado of his work (I think I read a couple of the Discworld books when I was a kid) but I thought he approached his illness with great dignity and brought some much needed awareness to a horrible condition.

I loved the Discworld series. Gutted there won't be any more.

Sad to be leaving sunny and hot Daytona. It's been absolutely fantastic. Done things I have never done before, seen things I have never seen before. Now begins the 1,100 mile drive home and probably back to snow still on the ground.

I loved the Discworld series. Gutted there won't be any more.
Apparently he delivered another book to his publishers last summer so there will be another one. Happy news but he obviously knew it would probably be his last if he finished it that quickly.

Andy Fraser the bassist out of Free has died, only 62, another one of my hero's gone.

Heart goes out to Mr Penguin today. They say bad news comes in 3's, this afternoon its come in 4's.

Folks, treasure what you have today and everyday .

Tomorrow will be the funeral of a very dear friend. Terry Orton was a lifelong Leicester fan, who sadly passed away on his way to Goodison Park prior to the Everton v Leicester City game. Everyone attending Terry's funeral has been asked to wear something blue tomorrow.

Terry's favourite saying was, "It's got on our name on it." His one hope was to see Leicester in the FA Cup Final. Funnily enough, I often ribbed him that I had seen them in the cup final, that being in 1969 when Manchester City beat Leicester 1 - 0. Win, lose or draw, his only thoughts were to Leicester's next game, and in all the years I knew this wonderful, gentle and caring man, I never once heard him say a bad word about any other team. Tomorrow Terry, the good folk of Hinckley not to mention Leicester fans throughout the County will pay their respects to you. I know that St Peters church will be packed to bursting, and amongst all the tears there will be many great memories of a person I was honoured to call a friend.

Rest in peace Terry. Despite my selfish grief, I can draw some consolation from the thought that you are now sleeping in the arms of the angels,

Being recalled back about your mammogram.

I hate boobs.

I hate getting older :(

Being recalled back about your mammogram.

I hate boobs.

I hate getting older :(

Once you get past a 'certain' age then getting older sucks (probably just the way I'm feeling with today's number on my door)

Hope everything's OK with the other part of the post PPB

Once you get past a 'certain' age then getting older sucks (probably just the way I'm feeling with today's number on my door)

Hope everything's OK with the other part of the post PPB

Thank you parkin.

Skips lined up at the old ladies house across the way. A sad sight to see. With no family or close friends,all her belongings being chucked in red skips, and certain stuff in green ones. :(

How sad to think that all her wordly/ personal possesions are being decided on which skip to chuck her stuff in :(

By the way, I'm not normally a curtain twitcher!

Back