• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Feel like giving up a little bit, the last year has been horrendous. Started in March when my wife was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, an incurable lung condition. Towards the end of the year we found out it was an even rarer form of the already rare condition (only a handful of people each year) which means she's now in the waiting list for a lung transplant. After that her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and her grandad with lung cancer.

Then we finally get rid of 2014 and in January her auntie suddenly followed by a 19 year old friend a week later followed by her grandad suddenly on Sunday just gone which was unexpected (he had pneumonia so nothing to do with the cancer).

After dealing with all that my wife then had a big car accident yesterday and has broken her elbow and banged up her knees and probably written the car off. I suppose it's lucky she wasn't more hurt but if she was lucky she wouldn't have crashed in the first place.

Sorry for the long post, I feel a bit better now!

So sorry mate :(

Feel like giving up a little bit, the last year has been horrendous. Started in March when my wife was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, an incurable lung condition. Towards the end of the year we found out it was an even rarer form of the already rare condition (only a handful of people each year) which means she's now in the waiting list for a lung transplant. After that her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and her grandad with lung cancer.

Then we finally get rid of 2014 and in January her auntie suddenly followed by a 19 year old friend a week later followed by her grandad suddenly on Sunday just gone which was unexpected (he had pneumonia so nothing to do with the cancer).

After dealing with all that my wife then had a big car accident yesterday and has broken her elbow and banged up her knees and probably written the car off. I suppose it's lucky she wasn't more hurt but if she was lucky she wouldn't have crashed in the first place.

Sorry for the long post, I feel a bit better now!

Sorry to hear that Carrotdude. That does indeed sound shit. Hope things pick up for your family soon.

Been out for a few hours... The mother in law has Alzheimer's and it's getting really bad. Today is her and the father in laws wedding Anniversary but she had one of her "turns" and not only couldn't remember getting married but didn't know where she was (this isn't where I live, when can I go home) but asked who " the old man in the house" was... It was almost heartbreaking, a shit of a disease

sad to hear Darlo, my mom and uncle is getting a bit like that now too..i just hope i die before i turn into that TBH

Been out for a few hours... The mother in law has Alzheimer's and it's getting really bad. Today is her and the father in laws wedding Anniversary but she had one of her "turns" and not only couldn't remember getting married but didn't know where she was (this isn't where I live, when can I go home) but asked who " the old man in the house" was... It was almost heartbreaking, a shit of a disease

That's horrible Darlo, really is a shitty disease. My grandma is in a nursing home because of her Alzheimer's, she's now past the stage of knowing that her memory is going and just in a world of her own which I guess is better for her.

Hoping darlo & carrotdude have more cause to post on the happy thread than this one very soon!

My wife's Aunt has died in her late 50's. I really feel for my mother in law, she's had a son die at 20 months, a husband in his 30's, a mum in her early 60's and now a sister in her 50's. Plus her dad died a couple of years ago. She suffers from depression and I worry how this will affect her.

Today a good friend of mine went to Goodison Park. His name is Terry Orton. A lifelong Leicester City fan who went to every game, home or away. He always went on the Hinckley supporters coach, but today as they arrived at Goodison, he said he felt unwell. As he got off the coach he collapsed, and an ambulance was called. He was taken to hospital in Liverpool but sadly passed away. Terry's family and friends are distraught. He was a wonderful man, and without wishing to sound flippant, at least he died wearing the colours of his beloved Leicester City. RIP my friend.

What awful news - so sorry to hear this, David :(

Today a good friend of mine went to Goodison Park. His name is Terry Orton. A lifelong Leicester City fan who went to every game, home or away. He always went on the Hinckley supporters coach, but today as they arrived at Goodison, he said he felt unwell. As he got off the coach he collapsed, and an ambulance was called. He was taken to hospital in Liverpool but sadly passed away. Terry's family and friends are distraught. He was a wonderful man, and without wishing to sound flippant, at least he died wearing the colours of his beloved Leicester City. RIP my friend.

Awful news David. On the bit in bold, its something that will, overtime, help those close to him cope with his passing away and hopefully provide comfort in times of reflection.

Thats awful news, my condolences Frank(or should i say David) and to his family :(

jesus man.... these are the worst, where you don't see anything coming.

sorry for the loss, wishes to his friends and family

So sorry to hear that, thoughts go to his friends and family.

It still hasn't sunk in. This has devastated me.

So sorry to read about your friend Frankie. It's such a shocker when it happens like that,that quick,and when they are still only in their 40's. I still expect my friend to pop up and say hello some days and he passed away 8 months ago! .Still seems unreal.Makes you treasure every day, and make the most of every day.

So sorry for your loss Frankie, treasure the time you spent with him. Been reading a little about Terry and seems he was a much loved man, a lovely man with a kind heart.

I'm sorry for your loss Frank, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Back