• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Your point is that you don't know me? Hold the presses!

No, my point is, your persona on here could be miles different from real life which is why I used the word imagine. You're a contrary, emotionless keyboard warrior on here and I hope you're not like that in real life.

Maybe you do it on here because you were starved of attention as a child.

LJ is trying to convert normal human practice to the board but you clearly don't want to play that game.

I think it's time we moved on from this discussion now, chaps.

Back to stuff that makes us sad, please. I nominate my man flu.

No, my point is, your persona on here could be miles different from real life which is why I used the word imagine. You're a contrary, emotionless keyboard warrior on here and I hope you're not like that in real life.

LJ is trying to convert normal human practice to the board but you clearly don't want to play that game.

You're calling someone else a keyboard warrior? That's rich from Mr Shouty.

I'll happily admit to being pretty emotionless for the most part, that's who i am, I also do like to look at things from an alternative perspective, it's not always the view i actually follow but it's interesting to look at things from a different angle, it sheds new light on things.

Not sure what 'game' LJ is attempting to play with me? But it sure is nice of you question my parent's abilities to raise a child, classy touch there guy, i imagine there's every chance you're perfectly mannered and ever so polite in person, warm and welcoming to all that you cross paths with, unlike your brash, harsh, often condescending internet persona. You could be anything, who knows? I for one don't really care either way, so judge me all you like, your opinion is worthless to me.

I think it's time we moved on from this discussion now, chaps.

Back to stuff that makes us sad, please. I nominate my man flu.

Whoa, now slow down, we have an outbreak of woman flu in our office, luckily none of them have mentioned it, and it hasn't altered their demeanour at all :)

FLKMLF8HMF6R9XH.LARGE.jpg

That after 25 years my relationship has come to an end, and that we're going to have to get our young kids (6&3) through that somehow.

Shit news EOTA - really sorry mate.

Cheers guys. I know I'm initiating the whole thing but there's only so much of a bad thing you can take before you have a call it a day :( Need to focus on the kids more than ever

Cheers guys. I know I'm initiating the whole thing but there's only so much of a bad thing you can take before you have a call it a day :( Need to focus on the kids more than ever

My kids are a similar age (6 and 4) and don't as yet know that their mum and dad aren't together any more as she hasn't moved out yet (she will be soon as stuff is happening). But we've not done things as a family of 4 for months - my ex doesn't come to my parents' place or see my side of the family at all, and they just accepted it. I'm sure they'll ask questions when she finally moves out but I think they're young enough to be resilient towards it and just accept it as and when it happens. I certainly hope that'll be the case and I actually believe it will be.

My kids are a similar age (6 and 4) and don't as yet know that their mum and dad aren't together any more as she hasn't moved out yet (she will be soon as stuff is happening). But we've not done things as a family of 4 for months - my ex doesn't come to my parents' place or see my side of the family at all, and they just accepted it. I'm sure they'll ask questions when she finally moves out but I think they're young enough to be resilient towards it and just accept it as and when it happens. I certainly hope that'll be the case and I actually believe it will be.

Sorry to hear that Langers, I had no idea :( I think my daughter (3) will be able to adapt easiest whereas my son is very sensitive. I think it's just the most important for the kids to know that it's not their fault and that there's still a family unit somewhere, just in a different configuration. Wish you all the very best mate.

He's not like that in real life. Well, he wasn't when I met for a few beers in The Moon a few years back. Yes, he can be an arse on here at times, but we all can.

Sorry to hear that Langers, I had no idea :( I think my daughter (3) will be able to adapt easiest whereas my son is very sensitive. I think it's just the most important for the kids to know that it's not their fault and that there's still a family unit somewhere, just in a different configuration. Wish you all the very best mate.

I'm doing really well as time is definitely the best healer - I'm happier now than I have been in years, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be to cope with the change in my life and more importantly, my kids' lives. Totally agree with you though, they will know they're loved and that their family unit is always there, just in a different form. Ultimately, once they are used to the change and the new routine, they will benefit from having a happier dad in their lives because it's been very tough living under the same roof.

Doesnt make me sad, but it does make me a bit of a sad twat. The last series of Downton Abbey arrives on me doorstep today in the shape of DVD's, and im so looking forward to watching them. Although my mom had recorded them for me to watch while I was over, I only managed to watch 3 episodes before the record box packed up.

Can't wait to sit down and watch them :) This makes me very much a sad twat, but I dont care :)

Step dad goes to the drs 2 weeks ago, been having chest pains ,shortness of breath etc. Told its a heart murmur and has to wait for hospital appointment, which he has got. What in 5 weeks time !! Is it because he's 80 and you dont matter over there when it comes to healthcare.

Step dad goes to the drs 2 weeks ago, been having chest pains ,shortness of breath etc. Told its a heart murmur and has to wait for hospital appointment, which he has got. What in 5 weeks time !! Is it because he's 80 and you dont matter over there when it comes to healthcare.

Unlikely to be age related as that's pretty average for a condition that the doctor has presumably indicated is not urgent/life threatening. If he has concerns would be inclined to go back to his GP.

Also was he given a choice as to which hospital he was referred to? When I went in about my knee I had the choice of the main district hospital in Salisbury or 2 private hospitals (though all paid for by the NHS so no cost to me). At the Main hospital there was a 8 to 9 week wait for the first consultation, but got an appointment at the private one in Salisbury for 10 days later (same consultant as well)

Having to sort the songs out for my Uncle's funeral. Listening to them is fucking hard.

Feel like giving up a little bit, the last year has been horrendous. Started in March when my wife was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, an incurable lung condition. Towards the end of the year we found out it was an even rarer form of the already rare condition (only a handful of people each year) which means she's now in the waiting list for a lung transplant. After that her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and her grandad with lung cancer.

Then we finally get rid of 2014 and in January her auntie suddenly followed by a 19 year old friend a week later followed by her grandad suddenly on Sunday just gone which was unexpected (he had pneumonia so nothing to do with the cancer).

After dealing with all that my wife then had a big car accident yesterday and has broken her elbow and banged up her knees and probably written the car off. I suppose it's lucky she wasn't more hurt but if she was lucky she wouldn't have crashed in the first place.

Sorry for the long post, I feel a bit better now!

Fucking hell Carrot, what an appalling run of events and tragedies!
Hope it turns better for you sometime right now.
Best wishes to your wife and hope you have as good an experience with your insurance co, as I did recently.

And pause for breath....
Good thoughts coming your way mate.

Back