• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Which is all fair enough, but nothing in the article says that the lad knew the machine was unsafe and said nothing.

I entirely agree, I was just surmising at the derisory fine handed to the employer that mutilated a 16 year old.

If he didn't know it was unsafe then he also wouldn't be able to know it was safe would he? If in doubt and all that.

Bloke standing next to the machine for 5 minutes telling you how to turn it on/off and showing you where to chuck the meat doesn't constitute proper training.

Mark - don't know what age you are now or what your proffession is, but have had a certain amount to do with apprentices & work on the premise that they are an idiot until they prove otherwise & train accordingly.

Doesn't say how long this lad had been working there, but he's 16 so assume its not been long. (would have been at school until that age so yes his first job)

(My youngest did an apprenticeship & did bail out of the first one partially due to safety concerns & also as he didn't get on with the bloke or like the job - then again hes always been confident and doesn't mind upsetting people. The second one, which he saw through to the end, the boss was painstaking in covering safety rules etc. to the point that he used to get irked, but he sure learnt the rules & was safe.

I don't believe Mark ACTUALLY believes half of what he's posted on this subject - stop feeding him, folks. I reckon he's a bit bored at work or something.

The world says this is black:
000000.jpg
mark says "it fookin ay!"

I don't believe Mark ACTUALLY believes half of what he's posted on this subject - stop feeding him, folks. I reckon he's a bit bored at work or something.

He's not the only who's bored at work. I'm supposed to be training some 12-year-old to use a threshing machine but I can't really be arsed. He'll let me know if there's a problem.

If we do that & we are bored at work as well then there will be noone to argue with :icon_smile:

I'm fresh off doing my CITB health, safety and environment test so this garbage is right at the front of my mind right now, thems the rules, everyone is responsible for ensuring safety at work.

The world says this is black:
View attachment 785
mark says "it fookin ay!"

My Black Country accent isn't that strong, not that i'd disagree anyway, that is black.

The employee's responsibility is to a level consistent with their knowledge and training. Whichever way you slice it (pun intended), for an apprentice, the responsibility is pretty much all with the employer.

I'm fresh off doing my CITB health, safety and environment test so this garbage is right at the front of my mind right now, thems the rules, everyone is responsible for ensuring safety at work.

Ah the training course version of life versus the reality of a 16 yr old apprentice be shouted at by the butcher to fucking get on and slice that meat the way I showed you.

(NB. I do agree with the premise that we are all responsible for H&S at work, but even the HSE would apportion responsibility & would expect much more from the employer thanm a 16yr old apprentice)

Ah the training course version of life versus the reality of a 16 yr old apprentice be shouted at by the butcher to fucking get on and slice that meat the way I showed you.

(NB. I do agree with the premise that we are all responsible for H&S at work, but even the HSE would apportion responsibility & would expect much more from the employer thanm a 16yr old apprentice)

If you're not going to be responsible for your own health and safety then i wouldn't expect much help from anyone else, probably would've got shouted at either way if he was supposed to be slicing meat, he lost his hand in the mincer!

Fuck me mark. A child has lost his hand.
You're a callous bastard.

Yeah, I always do that when I'm bored at home...

Oh, sorry, misread. banking
Something that 16 year old kid won't be able to do anymore. He should have thought about that before he did what is employer told him though and consulted is health and safety manual.

Something that 16 year old kid won't be able to do anymore. He should have thought about that before he did what is employer told him though and consulted Mark.

FFY.

There's TWO things Mark could have given advice on, silly clumsy kid.

Are you on the spectrum mark?
It's bizarre that you cannot feel any compassion for anyone on the planet except yourself.
Either that or you're phenomenally self centred and selfish.

Mark doesn't do emotion, compassion, empathy or sympathy. I believe him to be a Vulcan

Back