• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Seems a few of us have had to deal with a sad start to this year. Sympathies and thoughts to Kenny and Wanderer and to both of their families.

Thanks everyone, still can't believe it this morning but at least he's not in pain anymore which is for the best.

Last night and everyone meeting in The Station. Sister in law, brother in law, nieces, step daughters and their partners etc. Where will I be ? Staying at home with me mom. Not very good at doing the last night thing. Wish I could just turn the clock forward and all goodbyes were over. Hate it. Roll on when the 'Fasten Seatbelts' sign lights up.

I'd just like to say my very best wishes to all of you that have lost family and friends over Christmas and New Year, may your God or your beliefs guide you.

I love Corrie, very sad to hear about the passing of Anne Kirkbride (Deirdre). RIP Chuck.

More plane journeys are imminent. Lately they bring nothing but sadness.

The lad is just as much to blame as the employer in my eyes, if you're not comfortable with the state of the equipment you're using or confident in your ability to operate it then you shouldn't be doing so, regardless of what your employer asks.

The lad is just as much to blame as the employer in my eyes, if you're not comfortable with the state of the equipment you're using or confident in your ability to operate it then you shouldn't be doing so, regardless of what your employer asks.

What utter bollocks, Mark.

Fully agree with SLA - thats more than exceedingly harsh Mark.

16 yr old kid who may well not have seen a machine like that before & wouldn't know that it was supposed to have safety guards being told to use it by an adult who should know a hell of a lot better

What utter bollocks, Mark.

So if someone at worked as you to do something you weren't trained to do or asked you to use a piece of equipment which didn't look safe you'd blindly do it anyway because someone has told/asked you to?

That's the utter bollocks.

Agree with SLA.
The vast majority of employees are unfairly not in a position to refuse to carry out tasks.
The employer in a position of authority, instructs the lad to use a machine in the full knowledge the machine is unsafe and has no safety guard.
The lad is 16, and is learning. It is therefore unreasonable to expect him to know there should be a guard.

However, daily loads of unscrupulous employers will instruct their employees to carry out dangerous tasks. & they will threaten their employees with the sack if they don't do it.

Evan so, do you think a £3000 fine is appropriate, given the severity?

Fully agree with SLA - thats more than exceedingly harsh Mark.

16 yr old kid who may well not have seen a machine like that before & wouldn't know that it was supposed to have safety guards being told to use it by an adult who should know a hell of a lot better

So why doesn't he asked for appropriate training?

So if someone at worked as you to do something you weren't trained to do or asked you to use a piece of equipment which didn't look safe you'd blindly do it anyway because someone has told/asked you to?

That's the utter bollocks.
He's an apprentice. The butcher should have been training him how to do it safely. The trainer failed to do this.

You're talking bollocks Mark.

Back