• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Seeing me sister packing her case :(

House is quiet, family gone ,just me and Mr Penguin again.

Made the decision to gather up and sell all my guitar gear. Amp, electric guitar pedals etc. Don't have any space or use for them anymore and the cash will come in very handy (despite probably only getting back 10% of what I've paid over the years). Just my trusty acoustic will remain.
I know there's a few guitarists on here so I'll be offering stuff out to you guys first once i've got it all together.
I think the missus is more upset about it than I am to be honest. I think she still thinks she married a rock star!

Well it appears the sale of the house we currently live in is gonna fly through, probate or not.
Before the selling Estate agent had even valued and photographed it we have had two people round to view and the first couple are coming back on Sunday for a final view before making an offer!
We have "bid" for 6 Local Authority houses and been "unsuccessful" on 5 of them with the bidding process due to end on the current bid next Wednesday...Anyone got three spare rooms?

Well it appears the sale of the house we currently live in is gonna fly through, probate or not.
Before the selling Estate agent had even valued and photographed it we have had two people round to view and the first couple are coming back on Sunday for a final view before making an offer!
We have "bid" for 6 Local Authority houses and been "unsuccessful" on 5 of them with the bidding process due to end on the current bid next Wednesday...Anyone got three spare rooms?

Sorry to hear that - I've got 1 spare bedroom, but probably not a lot of use to you down here - bit of a commute :)

On the probate thing - they can market the property before & agree a sale, but they won't be able to exchange contracts till they've got it

Darlo, they still have to serve the proper notice etc.
If they haven't served notice, you don't have to move out! 2 months notice, minimum!
Then, when they've done that, they can apply to the court for possession. If the court grant that, they set a date on which possession should be given to the LL. On that date, you still don't have to move out! They then have to get an eviction order, again from the court. & you don't have to move out til that date!

If you're within 28 days of the eviction date, then you'll find you become a much higher priority to be re-housed. You are treated as homeless when there are 28 days or less to the eviction date.
Under homelessness law, you'll qualify to be re-housed, as you've not contributed to the homelessness. So you'll be a massive priority on the bidding.

If you leave before the eviction date, you're intentionally homeless, & the council wouldn't have a legal responsibility to rehouse you.

So theres a fire at one of Nottingham uni's campuses...no idea how the hell that happened but am hoping nobody was hurt!

So theres a fire at one of Nottingham uni's campuses...no idea how the hell that happened but am hoping nobody was hurt!

If it's the sports complex i'm going to throw a bitch fit.

It's the new massive £12m timber framed chemistry centre. I used to live about a mile away from it

Timber framed chemistry centre? mmkay.

Some people drift in & out of our lives. You know sometimes it is unlikely that you'll see them again, but the times you had were great.

Learned over the last few days that someone who was a great mate some time ago has died way too early. Only 38. In addition, the current circumstances around their death leave a lot to be explained.

I'm sad because it is very final. Though he drifted away from the circle of friends, I now know there is no way I'll ever see my mate again. & he was a good well meaning lad.

I'm also sad, as it appears people - friends, the police, & quite possibly other services should have been there to help him & weren't.

So I'm swapping between sad, and FUCKING ANGRY on occasions.

But mainly sad.

Some people drift in & out of our lives. You know sometimes it is unlikely that you'll see them again, but the times you had were great.

Learned over the last few days that someone who was a great mate some time ago has died way too early. Only 38. In addition, the current circumstances around their death leave a lot to be explained.

I'm sad because it is very final. Though he drifted away from the circle of friends, I now know there is no way I'll ever see my mate again. & he was a good well meaning lad.

I'm also sad, as it appears people - friends, the police, & quite possibly other services should have been there to help him & weren't.

So I'm swapping between sad, and FUCKING ANGRY on occasions.

But mainly sad.

Sorry to hear your news. All you can do is remember the times you had with him and that you were lucky enough to have known him. I recently lost a Wolves friend. He was 47. The circumstances surrounding his death left me confused and angry, and sad that I will never ever know what his thinking was on the evening of his death. He too was a good, well meaning person with a heart of gold, and I think myself lucky to have known hiim.

You are allowed to be sad , and fucking well angry at times like this . Its normal Mr Jelly. Again, sorry for your loss.

Called into the managers office at work today to be told that one of my friends who hadn't turned up to work had been found dead in his flat. 23 years old and he strung himself up because he'd put on a bit of weight. Absolutely stunned. I don't know how to feel.

Back