• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Found out over the weekend one of my best friends from school has it too and its terminal. He's my age (33) and has a young son. Certainly makes you think about things that's for sure.

My lovely father in law. His birthday today, and the day we find out he has cancer the size of a golf ball resting on his brain. Nothing can be done. I think a journey home is on the cards.

I hate this world sometimes.

My thoughts are with him,with you and your family.I lost both my parents to cancer and it's such an ugly disease.

I am so sorry to hear your news PPB and Haggstone. Thinking of you.

My lovely father in law. His birthday today, and the day we find out he has cancer the size of a golf ball resting on his brain. Nothing can be done. I think a journey home is on the cards.

I hate this world sometimes.

Found out over the weekend one of my best friends from school has it too and its terminal. He's my age (33) and has a young son. Certainly makes you think about things that's for sure.
I feel for both of you.
My dad goes for a biopsy today...
Is there a things that make you shit yourself thread?

Horrible news Sue and Haggstone. Thoughts with you both.

That's awful Haggstone, and so young too. Just heartbreaking what some people have to go through with this disease.

I feel for both of you.
My dad goes for a biopsy today...
Is there a things that make you shit yourself thread?

No, but I think there should be !

Think positive thoughts Mr Jelly, hope all goes ok for your dad today.

Thanks Kenny & Langers. Just deciding when to go home, we have tickets booked for Christmas, but chances are if we leave it till then we may be too late.

My thoughts are with him,with you and your family.I lost both my parents to cancer and it's such an ugly disease.

Thank you for your thoughts.
You lost your parents young then Norway, I feel for you. I lost one of mine when young, cant imagine losing both .

DP , I gorra sticky button this morning

Wow!
Lots of grim news on here today, Darlo, PPB and Haggstone.

Awful news indeed, take whatever comfort you can from the considerable compassion on here.
Lost my Dad and my Uncle to cancer and it is indeed an awful way to move on. With the greatest sincerity, I hope the time passes quickly for them and for you.
There's nothing pleasant about what's in front of you and them.
My thoughts and sympathy are with you guys.

Wow!
Lots of grim news on here today, Darlo, PPB and Haggstone.

Awful news indeed, take whatever comfort you can from the considerable compassion on here.
Lost my Dad and my Uncle to cancer and it is indeed an awful way to move on. With the greatest sincerity, I hope the time passes quickly for them and for you.
There's nothing pleasant about what's in front of you and them.
My thoughts and sympathy are with you guys.
Thanks WH. My step brother lingered, was terrible. He was 29.

Has cancer always been around , like hundred of years ago, was it even called cancer back then, or something else ?

Thank you for your thoughts.
You lost your parents young then Norway, I feel for you. I lost one of mine when young, cant imagine losing both .

My mother died when I was 23,that doesn't seem to go away with time...my dad 20 years later I was more prepared for...still was sad.

Has cancer always been around , like hundred of years ago, was it even called cancer back then, or something else ?

Generally other stuff would kill you long before cancer did. We have wiped out most of those diseases and improved our living conditions, cancer remains as something we can't stop.

Thanks for the kind words guys and girls, much appreciated.

I messaged him on saturday to see how he was and whether he was up for a visit...he wasnt. I havent seen him for a couple of years so I wasn't sure whether to or not but the mrs convinced me to and said that I might regret not doing so.

I suppose at least he knows my thoughts are with him. Deep down it was kind of a relief he didnt want a visit, Im bad enough when its an elderly relative, I honestly dont know how I would have handled that situation.

One of my favourite animals I've looked after since I started working at the zoo died last night :(

Back