• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Those bastards beheaded that English bloke...
Well, who was surprised?

I really wish the media just wouldn't report this stuff.
They shouldn't give the $#@!ers any airtime at all.

c*nts

Seeing Mr Penguin go off on a journey that he wished he didn't have to go on.

Some people drift in & out of our lives. You know sometimes it is unlikely that you'll see them again, but the times you had were great.

Learned over the last few days that someone who was a great mate some time ago has died way too early. Only 38. In addition, the current circumstances around their death leave a lot to be explained.

I'm sad because it is very final. Though he drifted away from the circle of friends, I now know there is no way I'll ever see my mate again. & he was a good well meaning lad.

I'm also sad, as it appears people - friends, the police, & quite possibly other services should have been there to help him & weren't.

So I'm swapping between sad, and FUCKING ANGRY on occasions.

But mainly sad.
& on a related note, funerals. Don't think monday is gonna be much fun...

& on a related note, funerals. Don't think monday is gonna be much fun...

Hope it went ok Jellybean. Not sure what makes a good funeral, or send off ,but I hope your mate got both.

A sad day for you :(

Hearing that my favourite wrestler Kris Travis who is based in the UK has Cancer makes me really sad. He is only 30 but thankfully they have found it just in time.

Getting the news that my Gran is close to the end.

Just found out that a mate took his own life on Monday. Over the past year or so he has gone through a very messy divorce and has not been allowed to see his children for eight months or so. It is believed (amongst my groups of friends that is) that fighting for custody of them became too much. He was 34.

To me the concept of suicide is one I simply can't fathom, even more so now that I'm a father. The prospect of my son growing up without his dad is one of my biggest fears and this whole thing has left me a little shaken this morning.

I'm sorry to hear that Jolemai. :(

My condolences Jolemai. A good friend of mine did the same about a month ago and I still don't understand it.

That's absolutely horrible, Jolemai - sincere condolences. Same age as me, going through a similar thing (though far worse if he wasn't able to see his children) so it's scary to think that someone in a relatively similar situation couldn't find another way out of his troubles. Awful :(

Horrible stuff Jolemai. A crying shame he couldn't reach out to someone for help, he must have been suffering during the final weeks to take such a step.

On my side - My Gran has now been moved from Hospital to a Nursing home as there is nothing else the Doctors can do, so its now a waiting game until she leaves us. I have my Mum coming up from Devon on Friday and I hope she gets to see her Mum one last time before it happens.

Just found out that a mate took his own life on Monday. Over the past year or so he has gone through a very messy divorce and has not been allowed to see his children for eight months or so. It is believed (amongst my groups of friends that is) that fighting for custody of them became too much. He was 34.

To me the concept of suicide is one I simply can't fathom, even more so now that I'm a father. The prospect of my son growing up without his dad is one of my biggest fears and this whole thing has left me a little shaken this morning.
Positive thoughts/vibes mate.
I've had 2 friends commit suicide. One of them had also lost his father to suicide ( he rang me in the immediate aftermath, one of the worst phone calls I have ever taken).

My mate who recently died seemed to have been abandoned by those close to him where he was living, & also by essential services there. I still don't know how exactly he died, & wish he'd come back here to where many friends would've supported/helped him.

34 is no age to be leaving.

Kenny, hoping you & your family are all supporting each other!

Kenny, hoping you & your family are all supporting each other!

My Mum comes from a very large Scottish Family, support is not far away at all. Just glad my Mum has decided to come up from Devon, she will at least be with (most) of her Brother & Sisters

My Mum comes from a very large Scottish Family, support is not far away at all. Just glad my Mum has decided to come up from Devon, she will at least be with (most) of her Brother & Sisters

Big hugs mate Xx

I logged on here this morning to specifically come onto this thread. My moan was because my niece is 18 today , and was filled with sadness because I can't see her or be there to give her a hug at her party tonight.After reading the above posts, it now seems trivial as I will see her 6 weeks anyway.

To Jolemai, so sorry to read about your friend. How terribly sad, such a young age too.

To Kenny, sorry to hear about your Gran, really hope your Mum arrives in time to be able to sit with her Mum one last time.

Condolences Jolemai, such a sad situation.

I hope your mum gets the chance to say goodbye Kenny.

Horrible stuff Jolemai. A crying shame he couldn't reach out to someone for help, he must have been suffering during the final weeks to take such a step.

On my side - My Gran has now been moved from Hospital to a Nursing home as there is nothing else the Doctors can do, so its now a waiting game until she leaves us. I have my Mum coming up from Devon on Friday and I hope she gets to see her Mum one last time before it happens.

I am sorry to hear that, but if it is any consolation, in my Fathers final days we were able to get him moved to a nursing home. Despite the heartbreak when he died I still felt that he left us with his dignity intact, and that was important for us. I pray the same happens for you and your family.

Back