• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

My Mum comes from a very large Scottish Family, support is not far away at all. Just glad my Mum has decided to come up from Devon, she will at least be with (most) of her Brother & Sisters

Hope she makes it and gets out of it what she can Kenny. Last days of a family member so laden with grief. You realise all the opportunities you let slip when they were here don't you?

Jolemai, Poor bloke and his poor family he's leaving behind.... He's gone but they have to handle it and all the questions that'll never get answered.

My dad's best friend and my uncle Mick has been given weeks to live, it really upsets me that his mind is still in place and still his hysterical self but his body is giving up. It really makes me sad.

My dad's best friend and my uncle Mick has been given weeks to live, it really upsets me that his mind is still in place and still his hysterical self but his body is giving up. It really makes me sad.

Sorry to hear that James - a sad fact as I get older is the greater number of family/friends that succumb. I hope that he has good medical care to ensure that he in as good a place as he can be.

Sorry to hear that James - a sad fact as I get older is the greater number of family/friends that succumb. I hope that he has good medical care to ensure that he in as good a place as he can be.

Cheers Parkin, the radio work and my job is helping me get through it. It upsets me so much to see him as he is but I've just got off the phone with him and he's had me in stitches, he's in an amazing hospice and he keeps saying that the nurses are probably the only reason I'm visiting him.

Sadly my uncle passed away yesterday morning, he was 57 years old. I fucking hate this feeling but the last time I saw him, he gave me some great advice and has left me with a happy memory.

Sadly my uncle passed away yesterday morning, he was 57 years old. I $#@!ing hate this feeling but the last time I saw him, he gave me some great advice and has left me with a happy memory.

My condolences to you and your family James. Losing a family member is a terrible time but you will come through it a stronger person.

My condolences to you and your family James. Losing a family member is a terrible time but you will come through it a stronger person.

I already am a stronger person, the passing is fresh in my mind still but he's probably laughing and calling me a "Stupid twat" for mourning him.

Heard this morning that my brother's wife passed away in the early hours. Not surprising as knew that her treatment had been stopped a few weeks back as it was not helping (bowel cancer), but even when expected its still a shock when it finally happens.

Fortunately managed to get a Hospice bed for the last few days so she was well looked after.

A sobering thought that whilst she was the eldest of us its the first loss within my immediate close family at the same generational level as me

Not sure if "sad" is the right word, nostalgic I reckon but tonight I will be the last person to signal a train using the Lever Frame and Semaphore signals at Heighington Signal Box. The Level Crossing there is the site of the Birth of the Railways. It is where Locomotion One was placed on the line to commence the Darlington & Stockton Railway in 1825. The current Lever Frame was put in as an extension of the original in 1906 and after the last train runs tonight it will be replaced by an NX Panel and the Semaphores by Colour Lights.....and so another piece of Heritage goes by the wayside.

Whatever happened to Friday nights out until the wee hours, clubbing it, dancing, sampling every cocktail on the list ....... oh yeah forgot, I grew up and got older ! :(

Not visiting night clubs makes me happy....

Hated night clubs when I was 17.

Noisy places with expensive shit beer and unbelievably dreadful music. I DESPISED nightclubs.

Back