• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Not sure if "sad" is the right word, nostalgic I reckon but tonight I will be the last person to signal a train using the Lever Frame and Semaphore signals at Heighington Signal Box. The Level Crossing there is the site of the Birth of the Railways. It is where Locomotion One was placed on the line to commence the Darlington & Stockton Railway in 1825. The current Lever Frame was put in as an extension of the original in 1906 and after the last train runs tonight it will be replaced by an NX Panel and the Semaphores by Colour Lights.....and so another piece of Heritage goes by the wayside.

Sad IS the right word Darlo.
Take lots of photos, as you say, it's heritage stuff.

Noisy places with expensive shit beer and unbelievably dreadful music. I DESPISED nightclubs.

It wasnt that expensive in the early 80's ! Mind you, no Paddy, couldnt imagine you or Kenny dancing to 'Dont Take Away The Music ' by Tavares whilst trying to pull the birds !!

I remember being in Ritzys in Leicester one night when they put Smells Like Teen Spirit on as it was in the charts.

Carnage.

It wasnt that expensive in the early 80's ! Mind you, no Paddy, couldnt imagine you or Kenny dancing to 'Dont Take Away The Music ' by Tavares whilst trying to pull the birds !!

Didn't need drinks/music/etc to pull, my natural charm sorted that out.......

The last train being signalled at Heighington using the Lever Frame....
1897935_10203169179010007_3822387897059715232_n.jpg

10311773_10203169176809952_7411199986792047356_n.jpg

wow i thought i had deleted this, but fuck me!! star wars style it was still there/here,

ok now i think i got the bastard

The title of the thread is ' Things that make you sad ' which entitles people to post on exactly that.Whether it be if their dog has died, a family member has passed away, or if someone they know has killed themselves. Dont be so bloody rude.

The title of the thread is ' Things that make you sad ' which entitles people to post on exactly that.Whether it be if their dog has died, a family member has passed away, or if someone they know has killed themselves. Dont be so bloody rude.

drunk posting

Last edited:
I think you are referring to when WH's dog died.WH's Dog died in Feb 2013.When that post was written. How come its took you till now to chime up about something that you feel strongly about , not like you Pav !

And yes , it was rude.

I think you are referring to when WH's dog died.WH's Dog died in Feb 2013.When that post was written. How come its took you till now to chime up about something that you feel strongly about , not like you Pav !

And yes , it was rude.

I'd say there's about 30 gallons of Cypro involved in his posting tonight. Either that or he's been sniffing glue and the dogs been licking his balls whilst he nodded off

I'd say there's about 30 gallons of Cypro involved in his posting tonight. Either that or he's been sniffing glue and the dogs been licking his balls whilst he nodded off

Oh.

Gorra go anyway cos me taxi's here :)

took everything off everything, as i was far to pissed to be allowed near a keyboard.

Last edited:
reading a post from Pav always makes me sad

Never been in a night club,it was never a problem until I read in here.Sad now. :(

I think some of you went to the wrong nightclubs. Or you hung around with the wrong people....

Back