• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

That people like myself are labelled as stupid.

The house I grew up in belongs to someone else in a little over twelve hours. All those memories, happy and sad. And I know they want to gut it.

The house I grew up in belongs to someone else in a little over twelve hours. All those memories, happy and sad. And I know they want to gut it.

They can't gut your memories! Every now and then I take a drive by the old house I grew up in. Looks the same from the outside but I know loads of work has been done inside, it's just bricks. What matters in in my head and will always be there

I live just around the corner from my childhood house. Very strange to see other cars on the driveway.

Never had what I would call a childhood home as my parents moved to 6 different ones during the time I lived at home (the first 2 of which I don't remember at all) so was not a big wrench to sell the last one when my Mother passed away as I never lived there.

For me the memories are contained in the family archive (a beautiful carved wooden chest my Nan brought back from Singapore) which contains a load of photos going back over 100 years, letters (including every one my brother & I wrote when away at boarding school & my dad & Granddad during the 2nd & 1st world wars).

As Darlo said - they can't remove the memories & hopefully you have other items to evoke those times.

Whenever I come back to the UK I always make a point of going past 2 of my childhood homes. Neither of them look the same as I remember them but the memories these houses hold of my Dad , will stay with me forever :)

I did find all my dad's old school photos

Captain of the City of Bath Boys First XV from 1960-1963. Impressive.

I did find all my dad's old school photos

Captain of the City of Bath Boys First XV from 1960-1963. Impressive.

More impressive was the old selection box with a choccy bar still uneaten....

More impressive was the old selection box with a choccy bar still uneaten....

We had indisputable evidence that chocolates really WERE bigger in the past. It was the biggest double decker I have ever seen! Now languishing in a skip somewhere.

Not saying the selection box was old, but it had space for a texan bar....

574560_10150339039204995_1090052370_n.jpg

By the time Paddy gets his new car off the forecourt, smelling of new leather and all of that sexy stuff, it'll have lost about £8,000 in depreciation....

Why didn't you get a 'new' 2nd hand one, ex demo or a 3 or 4 month old one and used the money saved to upgrade the goodies?

By the time Paddy gets his new car off the forecourt, smelling of new leather and all of that sexy stuff, it'll have lost about £8,000 in depreciation....

Why didn't you get a 'new' 2nd hand one, ex demo or a 3 or 4 month old one and used the money saved to upgrade the goodies?

I bought two. Pre-registered so the VAT is already taken off. 14 miles on the clock and 20 grand saved on list price. Plus these came with a LOT of spec, to say the least. I ay stupid.

I bought two. Pre-registered so the VAT is already taken off. 14 miles on the clock and 20 grand saved on list price. Plus these came with a LOT of spec, to say the least. I ay stupid.

Deadly move there Padd.
Is that photo one of them?

Or did you buy two of them for fuck's sake?

Back