• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I bought two. C220 Estate for her ladyship and C220 Saloon for me. Both AMG Sport Plus spec.

Smart arse...I want to see Paddy sat behind the wheel!

I will get something sorted when I can. They are ridiculously gorgeous.

The guy i work with, my sort of mentor i guess as i'm still a trainee, decided to hand his notice in while i was on holiday last week.

Not too sure just yet if he's just playing a game but the company want to try and keep him so he's got a meeting with the MD at some point this week to discuss what it'd take to keep him, possibly leaves me up shit creek too as i'd be a trainee with no senior staff in my field to learn from, guess that wouldn't leave much place for me unless they bought someone else in quickly enough to replace him. Either way, be sad to see him go as we get on pretty well, wouldn't fancy the potential lonely days in the office on my own.

To the job sites!

You could always show some initiative and approach them and tell them how much you've learned since... was there guiding you, and is there anything they'd be prepared to give to try....?

Or something along those lines....

You already have a job Mark, don't bin it on an impulse!

It's not all that great to be honest, as a company we don't really utilise what i do properly, so i'm not really getting the full experience of the job as i would do if i did the same elsewhere, also they're not really in the sort of market that i want to work in in years to come.

Still decent experience but it's no golden opportunity, if they consider me capable of continuing alone if that situation arises then i'll battle on for a while but i think the longer i'm here picking up sort of half-way house experience is possibly more damaging in the long run, won't be too long before there are people younger, better qualified and more suitably experienced going for the same jobs.

Think that's probably the biggest reason the guy i work with is leaving, it's not really turned out to be the job he signed up for and he's got an offer of something better, in a far more convenient location for him.

2 things today .

That we can't turn back the clock .

&

Frame 313.

The Christmas Spirit. Its gone.

Good! I ironed my tshirts especially at the weekend in anticipation!
You'll get the spirit back when you land...:)

Good! I ironed my tshirts especially at the weekend in anticipation!
You'll get the spirit back when you land...:)

Good lad !

I'll get the spirit back when I am sitting on the plane with me G&T and I put me watch forward 5 hours :)

One of my mates told me today they'd tried to kill themselves recently. How on Earth are you supposed to respond to that?

Absolute mindfuck.

Sorry to hear that, mate. From experience (in your shoes, not his), all you can do is listen if they want to talk and let them know you're around if they need you. There's not much you can say or do, but it doesn't help if your mates back off.

Nando – concur with what SLA has said. I used to run an alcohol & drug charity which had a helpline as one of its services and would occasionally get a call from someone who had reached this point.

The fact that this person has been prepared to open themselves up to you (even though that is hard on you) is a good sign & the fact that you know who they are at least allows a continued dialogue (with our callers we didn’t know where they were or even if we had been given their real name & no way of getting back to them if they decided to end the call).

It is very difficult to make someone get help & for most of us it is fortunately an area we have little experience. If he/she raises it again worthwhile suggesting that they talk to the Samaritans who have specific training & will know how to handle the situation & what other help is available. The best you can do is be a friend to them.

Back