• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

This is the saddest thing yet.

West of Dublin is an area called Ballyfermot, which has a higher than average population of poorer housing and challenged families than most suburbs.
There are also a fairly high proportion of knackers living around there, but late this week some of them got hold of a horse, poured vodka all over its neck, inside and out..... then set fire to it.

Then a day later In Wicklow on the coast, high above the town in what's known as the 'scenic car park' some knackers left a horse and her foal.
Don't know if was the same fuckers but the horse was beaten to death. Just what sort of shit are you on to make you think it's ok to beat a defensless horse to death?

When the police arrived, someone had put a blanket over the horse's body and the foal was filmed pawing at it's dead mother with its feet.

If there is a God, he'd sure taken those two nights off.

I hope those fuckers die roaring.

Read another story today re a horse that had been attacked, dragged into a canal & drowned - can't find the link now

Cannot understand anyone who does anything like this.

Wife's watching The XFactor.
I thought at the start of the programme, they said; 'tonight we'll see one of the last three drowned'. Just realised they actually said 'crowned'.

Wife's watching The XFactor.
I thought at the start of the programme, they said; 'tonight we'll see one of the last three drowned'. Just realised they actually said 'crowned'.

:icon_lol:

This is the saddest thing yet.

West of Dublin is an area called Ballyfermot, which has a higher than average population of poorer housing and challenged families than most suburbs.
There are also a fairly high proportion of knackers living around there, but late this week some of them got hold of a horse, poured vodka all over its neck, inside and out..... then set fire to it.

Then a day later In Wicklow on the coast, high above the town in what's known as the 'scenic car park' some knackers left a horse and her foal.
Don't know if was the same $#@!ers but the horse was beaten to death. Just what sort of $#@! are you on to make you think it's ok to beat a defensless horse to death?

When the police arrived, someone had put a blanket over the horse's body and the foal was filmed pawing at it's dead mother with its feet.

If there is a God, he'd sure taken those two nights off.

I hope those $#@!ers die roaring.
Yeah, I saw the pictures of the foal in Wicklow. Heart wrenching. Evil bastards. Still they are normally beating each other or some householder to death. Should be interesting viewing when the Romany's start flooding in!

That is horrendous. Just awful. How do people do that sort of thing?
I dunno. On an estate I lived in, a cat had some kittens and was nursing them in the owners shed. Some kids got into the shed and stabbed all the kittens to death with a penknife. It made me wonder what sort of people those kids were going to grow up into and what sort of homelife/upbringing they had got.
Things like that stay with me.

The documentary about the Lockerbie disaster is really upsetting. :(

I was only 8 at the time and due to the details mentioned in the programme, this is really the first time I've seen or realised the sheer scale of the disaster. Just awful and so harrowing.

I rmember the Lockerbie disaster very well. When it happened it was presumed that catastrophic failure of the air craft had occurred. But soon the truth came out. I have been in the Townhead hotel in Lockerbie which is located at the north end of the town, and above it is the hill where the cockpit came to rest. It was indeed a terrible disaster, and one can but imagine the terrifying last few minutes of those on board Pan Am flight 103.

I went to visit family in Scotland a few days after it had happened. I'll never forget the crater that you could see in the ground.

One of the most upsetting parts of the programme was the mother of one of the victims finding out what had happened when she was waiting for her daughter at the airport - she collapsed to the floor shrieking and crying - it went right through me. The reaction of some of the people around her? I know - let's film her and take photos. FFS.... :(

Did you not see the pictures on twitter of the bloke who jumped off the top floor of the Bullring? People will film anything and it is really quite sad.

Did you not see the pictures on twitter of the bloke who jumped off the top floor of the Bullring? People will film anything and it is really quite sad.

No - I don't think I was on Twitter all that much then. Fortunately.

About a year ago a businessman got into difficulties and ended it all.

Half way between where I live and Dublin is a town called Balbriggan. The railway station is high up above the town on one side and the beach on the other.
Immediately after leaving the station the train goes over a high viaduct above the park, the beach and the harbour.
There's a footpath right next to the railway line.

This poor sod, half way across the viaduct, put a rope around his neck, climbed over the railing and hung himself.

It was filmed by about 6 kids and his family saw it before anyone else.
Even before they were officially notified by the police.

Can you imagine the horror of looking at YouTube and seeing a bloke dangling 50 feet up in the air at the end of a rope then with shocking grief, realising it's your Dad?

It seems that Rachel Riley is to blame.
The big bland bosses in the BBC have issued an instruction to all women with tits, to cover them up.
It was issued about a month or two ago and since then, from weather girls to newsreaders to presenters, there's not a single cleavage to be seen.

Now THAT makes me sad.

I have visited the the Lockerbie memorial garden. It was very moving and poignant.

Reminiscing with mates about fun times spent at Strykers in our youth, as it currently burns to the ground.

It's sad to hear about Strykers as it is a great place shame it is being burnt to the ground.

Also I have found out today while was I wrestling that a friend of my Dad's known as "Custard Beast" a local DJ has passed away. Not nice to hear this close to Christmas.

Back