• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

One of my mates told me today they'd tried to kill themselves recently. How on Earth are you supposed to respond to that?

Absolute mindfuck.

wow that sucks mate, I hope you are ok because it effects everyone.

Thanks SLA and Parkin and appreciate that James.

It's a bit of an odd one. I said mate, but in reality he's a colleague from work who in hindsight just feels he has nobody to talk to and he just let loose earlier.. He's from India and doesn't appear to have much contact with his parents and I think a relationship has just gone down the drain.

I managed to get him smiling about his uni work, he's smashed his degree so far it seems. I'm hoping it's just a severe case of isolation. He's seeing a doctor already, so I don't think referring him to anywhere else would be beneficial

It's not a problem Nando, I think personally at this point if he attempted this he needs more than seeing a doctor he could do with a place of safety or a psychiatrist as it is beneficial to him to get his head sorted and the people around him knowing that he is in safe hands. I know you don't think he needs referring further but its best to be safe than sorry.

Think Del's got out of bed the wrong side this morning :(

Just heard a friend has been diagnosed with MS. That makes two friends, one cousin and one colleague with this shitty disease.

Just heard a friend has been diagnosed with MS. That makes two friends, one cousin and one colleague with this shitty disease.

Sorry to hear that mate - a friend of mine has had it for the past 4/5 years. It's horrible.

Sorry to hear that SLA. I can't say I've ever known a family member or close friend suffer with the disease but it does sound shitty :(

Cheers, both. My cousin's in a wheelchair but two of the others live relatively normal lives, although it is restricting and might degenerate as they get older. Hopefully the latest case will be on the mild side.

They're all young women. Don't know if it's more prevalent in women.

Sorry to thear that SLA, tough news at this time of year too.

Cheers, both. My cousin's in a wheelchair but two of the others live relatively normal lives, although it is restricting and might degenerate as they get older. Hopefully the latest case will be on the mild side.

They're all young women. Don't know if it's more prevalent in women.

Interesting. I have 2 aunts who also have it, another aunt suspected to have it, & am aware my mum things she might have it.
Hope it does turn to be mild for you/family member.

The guy i share an office with left today, half the department on their way out too so it's going to be bloody quiet down our corridor come the new year, not looking forward to sitting there day after day on my own to be honest, going to be some long days ahead. Also leaves me with a more serious issue, i'm still down as a trainee at work and with that guy leaving there is no longer anyone in the company for me be trained by, no-one has even said a single word to me about how things are going to work going forwards, who do i work for, who do i answer to, whether there's going to be any sort of replacement.

Fantastic stuff.

Mark - if they are not talking to you then probably you need to talk to them to clarify.

If yours is a training role then cannot see that it benefits them to leave you in limbo like this. Hope it works itself out.

Yeah, if nothing is said on Monday then i'll have a word with whoever seems most appropriate at the time.

It's a bit of an awkward one really because the job the two of us were doing isn't that closely related to the department we were sort of stuck to. Originally the guy handed his notice in about 4 weeks ago and the MD made him an offer to stay which included creating a new department for us, him becoming the manager, taking on a couple more staff and doing it properly, as part of that plan there was no longer a trainee role but an assistant instead, which apparently i was earmarked for if i proved myself to be upto it. So it's gone from a new department with a potential promotion to being stranded as a trainee without a home, perhaps i'll still get moved up if they were considering it anyway but it'd still leave me pretty isolated in terms of what i do compared to everyone else around me with no clear line manager.

There's a fair mess to be sorted out in the new year, new MD has got his hands full.

Mark, If I were you I'd go in on Monday morning, show some initiative and ask them if you can do. this.. or ..that.. in order to help you finish your training.
Obviously both of those would be afilliated to an existing department that will give you a somewhat wider skill base than sitting on your arse in an empty office.

This is a good opportunity!
Take it, let them see you have some interest and that they don't need to recruit anyone else, because you're willing and YOU'RE ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THEM!

I know I mentioned it on the other thread but WCRFM closing it's doors March next year is sad because it's Wolverhampton's last FM radio station closing it's doors. Beacon (free) is out of the City, Wolf is now part of Signal and out of if the City. So it's sad for the city as possibly the FM licence would never come back to the city. Poor mismanagement by the board has lead to it's demise and the fact it is costing people work and money is not acceptable.

Mark, If I were you I'd go in on Monday morning, show some initiative and ask them if you can do. this.. or ..that.. in order to help you finish your training.
Obviously both of those would be afilliated to an existing department that will give you a somewhat wider skill base than sitting on your arse in an empty office.

This is a good opportunity!
Take it, let them see you have some interest and that they don't need to recruit anyone else, because you're willing and YOU'RE ALREADY EMPLOYED BY THEM!

They need to recruit either way Roy, we were overworked when there was 2 of us. It'll be a nightmare now the more senior member has gone, there are things that are still above my station. I can go in there with all the can do attitude in the world but it's just too big a risk to take, both personally and for the business. I could take an amateurs stab at something unfamiliar and potentially cost the company thousands of pounds, not something they'll want and not something I'd want on my conscience either.

I still need someone more experienced alongside to guide me, my experience is still pretty specific. It's not going to do me much good wandering off in my own direction and picking up bad habits, possibly ruining a company along the way.

It's no longer the best place for me it seems, shame as there was a great group of people in our department until recently.

Seeing Brooks Orpik stretched off after being hit in the head/face whilst down on the ice.

Thornton, you are a disgrace and a wanker.

Last edited:
I know I mentioned it on the other thread but WCRFM closing it's doors March next year is sad because it's Wolverhampton's last FM radio station closing it's doors. Beacon (free) is out of the City, Wolf is now part of Signal and out of if the City. So it's sad for the city as possibly the FM licence would never come back to the city. Poor mismanagement by the board has lead to it's demise and the fact it is costing people work and money is not acceptable.

Is Free Radio no longer on the Tettenhall Road?

I thought WCR was run by unpaid volunteers?

Back