• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I feel sorry you guys as ive got a 2000 1 litre corsa that has only 72k on the clock. It runs like a dream, I dont understand why some people these days dont run their cars into the ground.

See above post!

Sadly the jeep is on its last legs, went out this morning and brought a new car! :)

See above post!

Sadly the jeep is on its last legs, went out this morning and brought a new car! :)

Wasn't jabbing at you mate at all, I was talking about the people who get a new car then sell 6 weeks later because they have seen a slightly newer one.

Anyway... what did you buy?

Granddaughter's have gone back to Southampton after spending half term with us.
It's certainly hard work when you get to our age but the rewards that are reaped from the little things girls of that age do and say are priceless.
Suffice to say Grandma has been in floods since they left.

I've been having major MAJOR mood swings lately and I'm at a complete loss to explain why! I try to work it out in my head and I only come up with things that would just stress me out even more...I can't be the only fresher to be this crap at managing can I?

That don't sound good Hamlet, you been under a lot of stress recently?

That don't sound good Hamlet, you been under a lot of stress recently?

Maybe but it's in nothing in particular - like I said I can think of many reasons without any of it being dead-on the reason why...today even, I was perfectly fine on the bus to lectures with my music and end up being on the verge of tears when I get there...

There's this 'Nightline' service here I'm gonna try because right now I'm fucked up big time in the head

Maybe but it's in nothing in particular - like I said I can think of many reasons without any of it being dead-on the reason why...today even, I was perfectly fine on the bus to lectures with my music and end up being on the verge of tears when I get there...

There's this 'Nightline' service here I'm gonna try because right now I'm fucked up big time in the head

You've got to remember that you've just gone through a huge change in your life and it affects different people in different ways. And no - you won't be the only one to experience such things. When I was in my 3rd year, I was the head of my hall of residence's student committee and found this sort of thing happened to many people. Talk to someone if it helps mate - people always say the first year is a relatively easy year in terms of workload but that doesn't factor in the huge change in lifestyle that a LOT of people find daunting - it takes a while to settle in properly.

Try that Nightline service mate - we didn't have anything like that when I was a student but it's definitely worth a go and I assure you that you won't be the only one who feels mixed up about things.

Most importantly - try to hang on in there and focus on the positive things you have going for you. 1st year at uni = lots to be excited about, focus on those. Looking at the league table is always a good back up option!!

Well 5pm Saturdays I haven't really felt that down funnily enough! :icon_lol:

I've always considered myself a positive enough person but it's been very hard to feel that way recently - I've got a couple of people I know through texting and online who've put up with a lot from me already so it'd be a good idea to talk to someone who would know how to help me, for sure...

I'd try your doctor too Hamlet, may sound drastic but it helps as there's some good information out there. Try the calm zone http://www.thecalmzone.net/

as that's a pretty good website for you with plenty of info on. Langers had the best advice and that's to talk to somebody.

You've got to remember that you've just gone through a huge change in your life and it affects different people in different ways. And no - you won't be the only one to experience such things. When I was in my 3rd year, I was the head of my hall of residence's student committee and found this sort of thing happened to many people. Talk to someone if it helps mate - people always say the first year is a relatively easy year in terms of workload but that doesn't factor in the huge change in lifestyle that a LOT of people find daunting - it takes a while to settle in properly.

Try that Nightline service mate - we didn't have anything like that when I was a student but it's definitely worth a go and I assure you that you won't be the only one who feels mixed up about things.

Most importantly - try to hang on in there and focus on the positive things you have going for you. 1st year at uni = lots to be excited about, focus on those. Looking at the league table is always a good back up option!!

What he said.
Your outside your comfort zone.
Your in a new land/area. The people talk different/funny.
You're still trying to fit in.
You're finding your feet.
You've a new home.
The support networks from home are further away now.

You're learning so much more than academic stuff at the moment. You're still unsure over whether this is the right course/place for you to be. Soon enough you'll find it is, but that takes time.
In time you'll see that those around have the same fears. Once you get that kinda common identity, you'll be more comfortable.

You'll get there fella.

The disappointment that is my dad's new car.

It looks reasonable enough, got a bit of poke and it's a lovely to place to sit but my word is it an uninspiring drive. It's completely devoid of any feel or substance, it's like you're playing a driving simulator or something none of the controls feel like they are physically attached to the car.

Great to be a passenger in and I imagine it's comfy as anything on a long motorway haul but there's no enjoyment to be had, not one bit.

Still, at least it's got a DAB radio so Kerrang is available for a slight silver lining.

This Insignia estate I've borrowed from work is far more pleasant to drive. Reassuringly weighty, not as nice a place to sit but then again it's not a particularly high spec I don't think.

Wouldn't choose either myself though I don't think.

Saddens me when children are killed by family pets. They don't mix, don't ever have a dog and a child at the same time.

I don't necessarily agree. The vast majority of breeds are wonderful with children.

Saddens me when children are killed by family pets. They don't mix, don't ever have a dog and a child at the same time.

Ridiculous. It's all down to the owners/parents.

Every case is a tragedy but they are relatively few and far between. Think of the millions of dog/children households where there is no issue whatsoever.

Having said that, we once had to have a dog put down once after it nipped the face of a toddler. In my opinion the mother (a friend) shouldn't have been letting her child pull my dog's tail but I was outvoted.

And we now have another dog and two children.

I don't understand parents with small children that then go on to own what are essentially fighting dogs. I wont take my little girl to my aunt's house because she owns a rottweiler, I just don't trust it but she doesn't have small children.

I agree with Machin, it is mostly down to the owners and parents.

When you want to start a Christmas thread but you know you are gonna get told off for doing so :(

Back